I didn't know you could blowdry dry hair! **Vid**

mscocoface

If I tried that on my 4z hair I would have hell to pay. She does mention it being partially dry, that is doable but absolutely dry and then trying to blow dry it? :nono: I see hair all over the walls, floor, doors, in the air, everywhere.

It would look like a hair murder investigation.

But if it works for her, it may work for others. Just be careful.

BlkOnyx488

:lachen::lachen:oooohh maybe they will send out that sexy eyed black man from CSI to dust you for um prints:lachen::lachen:

If I tried that on my 4z hair I would have hell to pay. She does mention it being partially dry, that is doable but absolutely dry and then trying to blow dry it? :nono: I see hair all over the walls, floor, doors, in the air, everywhere.

It would look like a hair murder investigation.

Geminigirl

Yea I heard this too. Also Patchouli's youtube she said something about stretching hair by braiding it and then letting it air dry then blow drying it. I don't think I'd try this and if i did it's be when my hair was longer.

ms.blue

I wouldn't try it. It may work for but it DID NOT work for me. I watched that video and remembering her saying her hair is partially heat trained so maybe it's easier for her to blowdry on dry hair.

hair4romheaven

As i see more of what she does to her hair it kind of like what i do. I am 6 month post and I corn row for 4 weeks at a time. wash in braids during that time. Once a month I wash, protien etc..in braids. when 80% dry I remove braid one by one and blow dry with no comb! I use a hot sock and stretch the hair with my hands by pulling it down i detangle at the roots with my fingers. Once dry I comb and move on to next braid. This has been a life and hair saver for my 4beezy hair! LOL I literally loose like a nickel size ball when combing.

The back of my hair is extremely thick so i durign the four weeks I do take out some braids in the back detangle with finger and rebraid.

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

I prefer to blowdry when my hair is 90 percent dry to fully dry... this is because I prefer to airdry mostly.... I find that this helps my hair alot..

My hair is much softer when I finish!

I think this is because I airdry in plats so my hair is pretty much stretched and I only need very little heat to smooth it out the rest of the way.... If I blow dry when wet it takes a lot of heat to dry then stretch/straighten and this process leaves my hair super dry :(

buy the time I unravel my nearly dry plaits all I do is add heat protectant and a moisturizer of choice then i do a light sweep over my hair with the blow dryer with the concentrator nozzel attached. I use the tension only method and my hair is super smooth.

and lmao as the CSI guy with the sexy eyes..... I love LHCF yall keep me laughin

BlkOnyx488

If she really misbehaving with her haircare
we will have to send in this hot piece of meat from Criminal Minds

in case the pic does show
http://www.tvboyfriends.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/WindowsLiveWriter/sShemarMoorefromCriminalMinds_BFEC/shemar%20moore%20sexy%5b1%5d2.jpg
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I prefer to blowdry when my hair is 90 percent dry to fully dry... this is because I prefer to airdry mostly.... I find that this helps my hair alot..

I think this is because I airdry in plats so my hair is pretty much stretched and I only need very little heat to smooth it out the rest of the way.... If I blow dry when wet it takes a lot of heat to dry then stretch/straighten and this process leaves my hair super dry :(

buy the time I unravel my nearly dry plaits all I do is add heat protectant and a moisturizer of choice then i do a light sweep over my hair with the blow dryer with the concentrator nozzel attached. I use the tension only method and my hair is super smooth.

and lmao as the CSI guy with the sexy eyes..... I love LHCF yall keep me laughin

Last edited:

mscocoface

Mscocoface, searching for blowdryer, looking under cubbards and errthang.

WHAT!!! I will take both detectives please and thank you. :yep:

BlaqBella

Ya'll so silly. He is FINE tho (i didn't see the 2cd pic).
Cause he was good enough eye candy for me....for now..off to work

BlackMasterPiece

Allowing my natural hair to dry then trying to manipulate it = major setback for me but I love longhairdontcares suggestions and tips and I try to incorporate what could work for me:yep:

Millyj

My hair tends to get dry at the drop of a hat! Also because of the color I wouldn't dare try it....

Emoniegirl03

She says that it partically dry 70% or something and i do remember someone posting a thread on how when u blow dry your hair wet the heat boils the water and damages the hair. cant remember the specifics but it looks like it works for her it may depend the stenght of your strands.

SilentRuby

I do it all the time after my hair is partially dry because I would comb half of my hair out if I did it wet. Works for me..

dlewis

I do this for my daughter. Her hair is very very dry. I wash and deep condition her hair. Saturate the hair with a moisturizer and plait it up. about 24 hours later, it's still a little damp and then I blow dry it for about 5 minutes and flat iron.

PPGbubbles

I do this for my daughter. Her hair is very very dry. I wash and deep condition her hair. Saturate the hair with a moisturizer and plait it up. about 24 hours later, it's still a little damp and then I blow dry it for about 5 minutes and flat iron.

yea my hair is very dry so this is the only method that works well 4 me and my blowdry time ends up being about 5-10 mins tops!

Curlybeauty

I do this, and my hair is fine with it. I deep condition and do my rinse with cool h2o. after I rinse, I tie my hair up with a turbie twist thingy lol and let that sit for about 45 mins...by that time, its about 80% dry and I apply my spray and chis silk infusion and blowdry...but keep in mind that my hair had been detangled prior to twiting it up in the towel...HTH

lawyer2be371

I blow dry my hair...dry right before I go to get my hair braided because Im super tender headed and to prevent them breaking my hair I try to blow dry it straight, going from wet to dry its to much work

gissellr78

Yes. I dry under my pibbs then i get my hair straighten with the blower once is dry (when i do)

(sorry if this was meant for naturals)

poookie

that's crazy. i say that because the drier my hair gets, the more difficult it is to blowdry. i haven't blowdried in over 3 months, but when i used to do it, my hair would have to be close to dripping wet. otherwise, the comb attachment wouldn't glide through my hair as easily, & i'd have a LOT more breakage.

many people say it's best to wait until your hair dries a bit first, but for me, the wetter my hair was, the easier blowdrying became.

BostonMaria

Yes. I dry under my pibbs then i get my hair straighten with the blower once is dry (when i do)

(sorry if this was meant for naturals)

I guess its similar to what's done at the Dominican salon after they take out the magnetic rollers. Not that I need that much heat, but I would love to watch and learn that round hair brush technique.

aja1121

It's been said to be much healthier for the hair (as long as it is fully detangled). I heard it before and also read it on one of my ORS product labels/brochure.

PearlyCurly

I guess its similar to what's done at the Dominican salon after they take out the magnetic rollers. Not that I need that much heat, but I would love to watch and learn that round hair brush technique.

Of course you can blowdry dry hair. The Dominican salons do it all the time, rollerset & blow out on dried hair.

Exactly ladies, the Dominicans do it all the time. I roller set my hair(let it air dry), and then blow dry it out. If i want it straighter i just use the flat iron after that.

I never thought i would blow dry my hair while actually dry:lachen: But its actually easier and faster..and im guessing less damage since a lot of women on here say your hair is the most fragile while its wet:rolleyes:

danysedai

oh i was feeling confused, thinking don't the dominicans do it all the time? Is the question related to natural hair instead of relaxed? Because I've always heard the dominicans say you should blow dry after a rollerset when the hair is really dry.

Raine054

I do it as well. If I have to blow dry my hair while it's wet, we're looking at 25 minutes of direct heat. When it's dry, I only have to do it for about 4 minutes. Some sort of protecting product is a must though.

Strangefruittree

I just learned this a few nights ago by accident... My comb kept falling off the blow dryer... I had applied the chi straightening and silk elements wrap foam all up and though... my had was still pretty damp but i just held it taut and used high heat on low setting and it made my have smoother and straight... i did not get the dried fried ends like i usually do and it was like i stretched my curls out in one big clump... It maintained some body and the little curl at the end that i have when i twil the end of a braid... I like ends like that better that my fried ends that i then need to smooth with a flat iron or big barral hot curler after a comb blow out... I have to do it on product soaked wet hair.. my hair air dried even alittle will resist straightening smoothly like this unless it was air dried as a roller set or maybe a bun... might try it like that