I am convinced Haitian women have a hair secret....

I agree with comments about the website, it does look kinda..... I dunno. It doesn't seem to trusting to me. But if you need more info on the product, the site gives you an idea.

Ashee

karezone said:
That website seems kind of shifty to me. I am afraid that if I order using my card, they will use my numbers to steal my money.

Is it me or does the sister look like she has a weave?? (A bad one at that?)
Is it a bad picture?? The roots caught my eye :eek:
Keep us updated on this product!

Last edited:

carmend

Which sista looks like a weave? The one on http://www.minoval.com/? I think thats her hair and Im pretty good at spotting weaves :grin: I could be wrong but that looks like her hair. I think the roots are just new growth.. I agree that the website looks a lil shady :(

Ashee said:
Is it me or does the sister look like she has a weave?? (A bad one at that?)
Is it a bad picture?? The roots caught my eye :eek:
Keep us updated on this product!

CarLiTa

Hey again. Poohbear, it did work well for my aun'ts hair but then again she does have a good growth rate, so I couldnt attribute it all to the Minoval. She didnt use it twice a day like it said, or at least, I only saw her use it a few times. I read something about Minoxidil, the chemical that's it. Supposedly, yes it does make ur hair grow, but it's not "good" growth, like maybe it's not as strong as it could be, and that it would break off once you stopped using it. None of that happened with my aunt though.

I checked the bathroom cabinet today, and my gosh, we have ALL these types of oils. I found the old mixture of oil my mother made, it does have castor oil in it, mixed with a lot of other things. I guess l'huile maquisti IS the secret, because Haitians put it in EVERY product that they make. We actually have a few jars of it. Alright, that's all I have to say for now, ciao

fiveleven

I believe that the reason it says that minoxidal or minoval makes your have come out after usage is do to the fact the it was originally formulated for people who were balding or were bald. The test dealt with these people so that why it fell out afterwards. You can compare this to using proactiv or working out. if you have bad skin and use proactiv it will clear up but once you stop using your skin goes back to its natural state. if you are already have a fast metabolism and you work out for some time and stop you will not experience a lot of weight gain because of you were already small to begin with you might lose so muscle tone but thats about it as oppose to someone who weighed a larger amount when they started if they dont continue to exercise and diet they will most likely return to their initial size.

Lucia

Mahalialee4 said:
Is oil of masquiti really CASTOR OIL???? Bonjour.
No castor oil is l'huile de rincin it has another name too, it's usually thin and learish colored, masketi is thick and brwon colored with a slight peanut like smell.

napgurl

My mother was raised in South Carolina. Her mother would put caster oil on her hair and tie it up. My mom's hair was long think and beautiful until she came up north, cut it short, permed and colored it -- she became fashionable. As a young child she did the same to my hair, which was very long and thick until I too wanted to be fashionable.

karezone

Earlier than a month but I am updating anyway.

I believe that the minoval is working. But my hair is growing faster. I wish I had taken some before pictures. But I can really tell a difference. Especially after I have flat ironed the new growth. I don't see a difference in texture between my regular new growth and the minoval new growth.

Princess4real

karezone said:
Earlier than a month but I am updating anyway.

I believe that the minoval is working. But my hair is growing faster. I wish I had taken some before pictures. But I can really tell a difference. Especially after I have flat ironed the new growth. I don't see a difference in texture between my regular new growth and the minoval new growth.

Thanks for the info but, what is Minoval and how long have you been using it?

I found it :)

MINOVAL Lotion Drops (2% Solution) helps prevent hair loss, and stimulates new growth, at the root.
How??
1) MINOVAL Lotion Drops (2% Solution) stimulates and enlarges hair follicles that have shrunken over time due to a combination of hormonal activity and heredity. So it's actually reversing the hair loss process.
2) MINOVAL Lotion Drops (2% Solution) also prolongs the growth period of hair. In the natural life cycle of the hair, a growth phase alternates with a resting phase. When your hair has extended growth phases, it is able to become thicker and longer.

Directions: Apply day and night after shampoo and towel dry. Drop two or three directly on your scalp. Give soft massage by your finger.

For longer, stronger, and simply thicker hair: Use regularly Minoval Lotion (Drops 2% Solution) and Minoval Plus.

Last edited:

LaRobinWolfe76

My daughter's father was Haitian and Dominican and his sister and mother both have thick, beautiful long hair to their waist.His sister was actually surprised that my hair was mid back length and I didn't wrap it (at that time) and it didn't really bother me to lose some strands.Anyway, she said she could not stand to lose not one hair from her head that she cherished her hair and its length so I asked her what did she use to get it so long she said she uses Rene Furterer Complexe 5 Regenerating Extract and can't live without it but that it was very expensive and this is what I found out about it on sephora.com: Complexe 5 Regenerating Extract is essential for healthy scalp and beautiful hair. Its unique concentration in orange, lavender and verbena essential oils stimulates microcirculation and invigorates scalp to enhance the growth of healthy, beautiful hair. Complexe 5 also refreshes the scalp and helps optimize the effectiveness of other treatment products.The cost of it is $40 and its also temporarily out of stock at the moment. :shocked:

Dare~to~Dream

LaRobinWolfe76 said:
My daughter's father was Haitian and Dominican and his sister and mother both have thick, beautiful long hair to their waist.His sister was actually surprised that my hair was mid back length and I didn't wrap it (at that time) and it didn't really bother me to lose some strands.Anyway, she said she could not stand to lose not one hair from her head that she cherished her hair and its length so I asked her what did she use to get it so long she said she uses Rene Furterer Complexe 5 Regenerating Extract and can't live without it but that it was very expensive and this is what I found out about it on sephora.com: Complexe 5 Regenerating Extract is essential for healthy scalp and beautiful hair. Its unique concentration in orange, lavender and verbena essential oils stimulates microcirculation and invigorates scalp to enhance the growth of healthy, beautiful hair. Complexe 5 also refreshes the scalp and helps optimize the effectiveness of other treatment products.The cost of it is $40 and its also temporarily out of stock at the moment. :shocked:

*Gee* thanks for the info. Now do I want to spend $40 on this product...hmm..*thinking* about it....

Edited: I just found a website that sells 6 "ampoules" for $28 and 12 for $42. I would probably try the smaller size just to see if it works but I have not decided just yet.

Last edited:

LaRobinWolfe76

Lanelle,

That's what I would suggest.The reason I didn't try it myself was becuase I was a little scared my hair grows really fast and I already have long hair and she said that I would have to be extra careful with it because if I accidentally dropped the serum on my face or arm or wherever hair could grow then I'll start growing lots of hair in that place and that happened to her.So at the time I had a new baby and didn't want to take the chance on me being clumsy and it landing on my face or something. :D

Dare~to~Dream

LaRobinWolfe76 said:
Lanelle,

That's what I would suggest.The reason I didn't try it myself was becuase I was a little scared my hair grows really fast and I already have long hair and she said that I would have to be extra careful with it because if I accidentally dropped the serum on my face or arm or wherever hair could grow then I'll start growing lots of hair in that place and that happened to her.So at the time I had a new baby and didn't want to take the chance on me being clumsy and it landing on my face or something. :D

Wow, that stuff works that good and that fast? I don't have long hair so I need to get some of this stuff ASAP.

Ennyaa

LaRobinWolfe76 said:

They have it a little cheaper on Micheline de Paris site:

http://www.michelinedeparis.com/Supply/Rene_Furterer/RFtreatment.html

ElizaBlue

What you are looking at is photo editing. Look at the blondes lock hanging in her face.

I ordered my Minoval from guesso. com. Got it fast with no problems. I thinks it's working on the small thin spot I had on the front of my temple.

leejeff

I'm wondering about everyone's results with Minoval. I have been using for about a week along with Sulfur 8 and I'm seeing results.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
leejeff said:
I'm wondering about everyone's results with Minoval. I have been using for about a week along with Sulfur 8 and I'm seeing results.
I heard Minoval can make your hair fall out. :ohwell: (Remember: what works for some may not work for everyone else ;)).

I just started using Sulfur 8 yesterday. :D

Last edited:

zora

I bought the l'huile Masketi this weekend, and I think my hair is already growing. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Mahalialee4

Zora...where did you buy the oil or are you referring to the red palm oil or the Haitian oil? and could you post a picture? Bonjour

CarLiTa

HEY i just looked at the "ampoules" from the website, and I remember this from when I was young! my mother and her sisters used to use that on their hair. We are Haitian. I guess we do have a secret, lol. I would use l'huile Mascriti now but i have the raw one that smells and it's summer, so the humidity makes the smell stand out.

Haitian women are like LHCF women with just better access to natural, working products. In Haiti, women do not go to the hair salon, there's always someone in the family who knows how to do it, or does it for free. You gotta save your money for better things, and there isn't always electricity, so you don't use heat, and you get ur hair products home-made or from cheap merchants, and your hair grows like weed, also with the help of your diet. That, IMO, is the secret.