Haitian Hair Growth Grease /Wonder Oil

dlove

I met a stranger yesterday that looked at my TWA and mentioned to me that there is a Haitian Wonder Oil called (I am spelling it as she pronounced it) Mas-chris-tea. The girl mentioned her aunt who chopped off her hair in June '07 is now Shoulder length from using this oil. She said that it stinks really bad, and is good for all bodily health functions as well as taking it eternally.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Anybody want to sell me some?​

:look:

I'm for real if its real...I remember reading a thread awhile ago someone started about a hair growth secret the Haitian ladies have. Here is the the thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=47517

Last edited:

katote

Is it L'huile Mascristi. I read about this on another site. It is castor oil I believe. Maybe someone else can confirm.

morehairplease

I met a stranger yesterday that looked at my TWA and mentioned to me that there is a Haitian Wonder Oil called (I am spelling it as she pronounced it) Mas-chris-tea. The girl mentioned her aunt who chopped off her hair in June '07 is now Shoulder length from using this oil. She said that it stinks really bad, and is good for all bodily health functions as well as taking it eternally.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?​

Anybody want to sell me some?​

:look:

I'm for real if its real...I remember reading a thread awhile ago someone started about a hair growth secret the Haitian ladies have. Here is the the thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=47517

never heard of this before. I have heard of the L'huile Mascristi katote mentioned from the forum, IIRC.

Mimi22

Its Haitian castor oil. It is funky. My mom used it on my hair when i was younger, mixed with blue magic or dax. It was good for thickening and growing hair. Other recommended uses are for joint pain and backaches. My grandpa used it once on a insect bite..Just for info's sake...

My mom used minoval for a couple of months and her hair went from APL to BSL in a couple months.

I used it after I BC'd in 2005 and my hair thickened so much. i had to stop using it. I'm gonna get back into it this summer when I go home.

I dont know where you can get it from though...sorry!

Keen

Haitian castor oil (L'huile Mascristi) is no different from Jamaican black castor oil.

LunadeMiel

it's Haitian castor oil. The ones that I used were always 100% homemade and unrefined. That stuff is soooo thick and sticky. I'm trying to get my grandmother to bring me some from haiti when she come this wednesday.

Platinum

Dlove, I'm not sure what part of Fl you're in. You may want to check some of the Caribbean grocery stores, I know some of the larger cities have them (Jacksonville, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, etc).

YoungWavey

Do not use Minoval (minoxidil) unless you plan to use it forever. Your hair will fall out most def if you stop.[/quote]

How true is this??? Have you seen someone hair fall out:blush:...I have a little bottle siting on my nightstand waiting to be use until i saw this post:perplexed...

bluediamond0829

Ive never heard of minoval making the hair fall out if you stop using it. I used it with no problems at all.

If you are in South Florida for Minoval every BSS has it. Or you can order off the internet.

NinasLongAmbition

Shoot I got some l'huile mascreti upstairs under the sink, Im about to go use some and when I go to haiti this summer im going to make sure I come back with lots of bottles. Yay! I never knew it made hair grow like that, I knew it was good for everything but I guess I never thought about using it for my hair.:drunk:

CarLiTa

L'huile Makristi does make hair very thick.

Unfortunately, because of the smell, I don't use it.
I remember when I was using it about 4 years ago, my mother would say not to use it so often because it was making me roots too nappy:look:
now that I know that relaxed hair does NOT revert, NOW I finally understand that it was a lot of growth that I was getting.
We had some weird concoction of hair grease, the oil, etc. It smelled very strong, and we used it for overnight treatments weekly. Sometimes I'd have it in the whole day and wash it out the next day or at night.

When I joined this website, I added some of the oil to the Surge spray I was using, and the smell was so strong, and I was SO self-conscious about it, that I went out and bought another bottle of surge and just left that one alone. When I would be in class, randomly I would get whiffs of the l'huile makristi in my hair:lol:

As for Minoval, I do not believe that product at all. There are some ppl who attribute it to their hair growth, but I have seen TOO MANY Haitian women with short hair to believe that it works.
We had a few boxes, but would you believe that some of the liquid of some of the boxes were white and ODORLESS, while other boxes had liquids that were yellowish and smelled almost like alcohol??

I was like um for all you know this could just be water droplets I'm putting on my scalp:rolleyes: and I stopped it.

Fine 4s

Been talking about this in other threads. It's called Huile Palma Christie. I bought some for $5 in my area.

You can buy in online as well. Someone PM-ed me and had located a place to buy it.

It's like the JBCO except it's from Haiti. I'm not sure about the growth properties but it does leave your hair soft, soft, soft! Mix it with an egg and some onions for a great pree-poo if you can stand the smell.

Enjoy!

Fine 4s

L'huile Makristi does make hair very thick.

Unfortunately, because of the smell, I don't use it.
I remember when I was using it about 4 years ago, my mother would say not to use it so often because it was making me roots too nappy:look:
now that I know that relaxed hair does NOT revert, NOW I finally understand that it was a lot of growth that I was getting.
We had some weird concoction of hair grease, the oil, etc. It smelled very strong, and we used it for overnight treatments weekly. Sometimes I'd have it in the whole day and wash it out the next day or at night.

When I joined this website, I added some of the oil to the Surge spray I was using, and the smell was so strong, and I was SO self-conscious about it, that I went out and bought another bottle of surge and just left that one alone. When I would be in class, randomly I would get whiffs of the l'huile makristi in my hair:lol:

As for Minoval, I do not believe that product at all. There are some ppl who attribute it to their hair growth, but I have seen TOO MANY Haitian women with short hair to believe that it works.
We had a few boxes, but would you believe that some of the liquid of some of the boxes were white and ODORLESS, while other boxes had liquids that were yellowish and smelled almost like alcohol??

I was like um for all you know this could just be water droplets I'm putting on my scalp:rolleyes: and I stopped it.

Minoval didn't work for me when my hair was breaking in the back. This was back in the 90's though so don't know if the formula changed...

Fine 4s

Shoot I got some l'huile mascreti upstairs under the sink, Im about to go use some and when I go to haiti this summer im going to make sure I come back with lots of bottles. Yay! I never knew it made hair grow like that, I knew it was good for everything but I guess I never thought about using it for my hair.:drunk:

They let you come in with it?! Didn't know that....
Someone at my job told me that sometimes they mix it with snake oil to dilute the oil. I hope this is not true unless snake oil makes your hair grow too than it's allllllllllllll good...

morehairplease

Been talking about this in other threads. It's called Huile Palma Christie. I bought some for $5 in my area.

You can buy in online as well. Someone PM-ed me and had located a place to buy it.

It's like the JBCO except it's from Haiti. I'm not sure about the growth properties but it does leave your hair soft, soft, soft! Mix it with an egg and some onions for a great pree-poo if you can stand the smell.

Enjoy!

hi there,

by chance, do you have the link still? If so, could you post it?

tia,
tishee

bellebebe

I'm Haitian. Yep! when I had my scalp issues as a little girl, my mom used that in my head along with this French hair product called [SIZE=-1]Moëlle de Boeuf
She says it helped my hair grow a lot. She's been looking for it ever since... She discontinued the use because that's a product you can only get in France at the time. But with the Internet nowadays you can buy anything. Here's a photo.

[/SIZE]

bellebebe

Do not use Minoval (minoxidil) unless you plan to use it forever. Your hair will fall out most def if you stop.

I don't know if that's the case but I have twin friends whom their mom used it on their hair. It worked wonders but I don't know what happened... I guess she stopped using it and now they don't have much hair.

lipyt

I'm Haitian. Yep! when I had my scalp issues as a little girl, my mom used that in my head along with this French hair product called [SIZE=-1]Moëlle de Boeuf[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]She says it helped my hair grow a lot. She's been looking for it ever since... She discontinued the use because that's a product you can only get in France at the time. But with the Internet nowadays you can buy anything. Here's a photo.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
I'm half haitian and I remember my aunts all had thick long hair and they would all put bone marrow in their hair. I'm going to Haiti this summer I'm going to find the huile everyone is talking about

ekomba

Do not use Minoval (minoxidil) unless you plan to use it forever. Your hair will fall out most def if you stop.

i have used it a lot in the past my hair never fell. i found that minoval as well as the nioxin follicle booster and huile masketi or mascriti (dont know the right spelling thou lol) was great to regrow chewed up edges

you can find that haitian castor oil ( they also had other stuff in it when they make it) in brooklyn in the street i m trying to remember the train stop where i bought mine ah yes church ave. an haitian lady that sells peanut i asked her where to get that oil she was selling homemade ones from haiti 5dol the small bottle and 20dol the big one in an haitian rum bottle.

Fine 4s

I'm Haitian. Yep! when I had my scalp issues as a little girl, my mom used that in my head along with this French hair product called [SIZE=-1]Moëlle de Boeuf[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]She says it helped my hair grow a lot. She's been looking for it ever since... She discontinued the use because that's a product you can only get in France at the time. But with the Internet nowadays you can buy anything. Here's a photo.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Yep Moelle de Boeuf folks love that too! You can def. find it in Montreal, Canada but I haven't found it here well....hmmm maybe at that haitian spot I got my Palma Christie from.