Kitchen help

krayzkool

Hi all!

I know last year when I lurked about, I saw someone poseted how they grew out their kitchen... Does anyone have a link or some tips? At least 4xs a week before bed, I oil it with NU Expressions Super Gro. It is growing a lil bit... before I got braids last year, it was much worse... Going to get tree braids next week... wonder if synthetic stops the growth or breaks it? I'm thinking she's gonna use the Pro-10, batik, organic, protein hair, (the hair that looks & feels like human and can be curled)...

Please help! I'm just on here asking a plethura of questions... But if there is a search function, please tell me where it is. Thanks!

Isis

Is your hair relaxed?

I posted a while back how I've been growing out my kitchen, starting a year ago. I treat this part of my hair extra special - moisturizing it more often and never relaxing it. I mentioned I was "transitioning my nape". In my case, it was the relaxer touch-ups that broke this area off in the first place. It's growing along very nicely. :)

Sometimes this area can break from tying the scarf in that area.

elaine

krayzkool said:
Hi all!

I know last year when I lurked about, I saw someone poseted how they grew out their kitchen... Does anyone have a link or some tips? At least 4xs a week before bed, I oil it with NU Expressions Super Gro. It is growing a lil bit... before I got braids last year, it was much worse... Going to get tree braids next week... wonder if synthetic stops the growth or breaks it? I'm thinking she's gonna use the Pro-10, batik, organic, protein hair, (the hair that looks & feels like human and can be curled)...

Please help! I'm just on here asking a plethura of questions... But if there is a search function, please tell me where it is. Thanks!

What I used to do with my short cut as the back grew out I would gel the hair going upward and so that it tuck under the hair that had grown. It would look as though I still had my kitchen trimmed. Once it started to grow, I would experiment with smaller rollers.

I hope this helps

krayzkool

Thanks! It IS relaxed (been 2 mths though) and I tie it up when I wrap with a satin scarf ( the knot is upfront).... Went get a trim and roller set (to prep for briads)and she said I had a lot of new growth and it was filling in.

Angelicus

I got rif of the satin scarf I used and got another one that I don't have to tie in the back. Also, I don't relax the nape, that helps sooo much. my nape hair is longer but it still isn't long enough to stay in a high ponytail without some activator gel.

Hairstylists always get mad and want to cut off the nape hair. I don't know why... dang, DALE UN CHANCE!!!

shellzfoshizzle

I am relaxed and transitioning. My nape has ALWAYS been the worst spot. I think stretching the relaxer or stop relaxing period will get this area back to health along with a great moisturizing product. I don't know about ya'll but my nape grows the slowest and when I used to get relaxers, the stylists would always slap the relaxer on this area first, which wasn't needed. Anyways, my nape is coming right along and I love it. I can tell the my SCALP on my nape even looks and feels healthier.

Boy do I feel you ladies... I have always went through it with my nape. It always take forever to grow and once it grows alittle bit and I perm it, It breaks off all over again. Im really suffering with my nape but Im going to try to not perm it. Ive tried this before and my beautician talked me into perming it again. Now I'm bald headed in the back all over again.. Well I wish you ladies luck and hopefully we can overcome this together....

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I grew my nape out accidently when I got individuals.
Also I noticed when I wash my hair my nape area would be dry, so I finger part my hair and put the nape directly under the shower and this help.

Treating this part of my hair separately has helped tremendously.