Synthetic vs human hair

Chakira

Hi all!! I am planning to braid my hair this weekend and i was wondering which type of hair i should use. i read somewhere that synthetic is better because it will last longer and not frizz up as much, but i like the wet and wavy human hair. I'm debating which to use, especially since i now wash my hair twice a week rather than every 2 weeks. any suggestions, comments... /images/graemlins/sekret.gif(<--i just like this icon, he's too cute!!)

Kitkat

I have used both human and synthetic, and I like synthetic for a few reasons. For me, it stayed neater longer. The human hair was very flyaway and I had to redo it (I mean only the length of the braid, not unraveling the whole thing) too often. Since it stayed neater longer, it helped me to keep them in for longer. I keep synthetic braids in for about 3 months. I couldn't imagine keeping human hair braids in that long - my hair would look a mess! I'm sure others will give their 'pros' on human hair, but I'm a synthetic girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif HTH.

Chakira

what kind of synthetic did u use? i think i used kankelon or something like that and my hair itched forever
thanks

Kitkat

I think I used kanekelon or whatever was in the local Asian beauty supply store. Some of the ladies here (LondonDiva and others I can't remember) pre-treat any hair they buy for extensions; maybe this will help with your breakouts. I never had a problem with this but because rinsing the hair beforehand removes some of the harsh chemicals it sounds like a great idea. They rinse the hair the day before they plan to use it. I don't remember what they rinse it with (ACV???). and I don't even remember the thread that the discussion appeared in. Maybe they'll see it here and post, or maybe you can send a PM to LondonDiva. If I can speak for LondonDiva, I'm sure she'd be happy to respond!!

alexa

I think I am allergic to synthetic hair, even after I wash it out, so I have to go with the human hair, unless I braid my hair up completely (I just kind of hold my breath until it doesn't irritate my scalp anymore). Synthetic hair give a perfect wave, but I like the imperfections of human hair, myself.

Leshia

I stick with the deep wave human hair because my experience with the synthetic is not even good enough to mention. It basically traumatized me. Anyhoo, yes, I do have to redo some braids and change some out more often than those with synthetic but I just love that it doesn't suck the moisture out of my hair and it just looks better on me. People honestly can't tell what's what...HTH /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tara

I swear you guys must read my mind!! I am about to get some braids, and I had this EXACT question. I also am allergic to the synthetic so I guess I'll be getting the human hair unless I hear some MAJOR cons!