HSR Conditioner vs GPB Conditioner

vtoodler

Which do you think is more moisturizing: Aubrey's HSR conditioner or Aubrey's GPB conditioner? Do you find the GPB conditioner to be at all moisturizing, and do you think that a person could use it twice a week? Also, if you use the GPB conditioner, do you use heat with it?

Of the two conditioners, which do you prefer?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I use either for different purposes..GPB for protein (no more than once a week, but I also use the Island naturals for protein). HSR I use as my final con when I want moisture from my co wash.

Royalq

I have HSR and it totally did nothing for my hair. It made my hair feel just regular. Im not going to spend 8 dollars for a super thick conditioner like that to do nothing. i rather use something cheaper

mEmYSELFaNDj

I use both HSR and GPB weekly to DC. Sundays I DC with HSR with heat and Wednesdays I DC with heat using GPB. I love them both. If I had to choose one, my fav would be GPB my hair feels so nice and strong after using it.

vtoodler

I have HSR and it totally did nothing for my hair. It made my hair feel just regular. Im not going to spend 8 dollars for a super thick conditioner like that to do nothing. i rather use something cheaper

Did you use it with heat, and how long did you leave it in your hair?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
HSR is more moisturizing, but if you need strength, GPB will work well. I steam using both and my hair is much healthier because of it.

virtuenow

The HSR is good, but the GPB is magnificent--- I'd say its about 10 times more moisturizing than HSR. I have both, but I keep GPb in my hair; it adds strength and moisture simultaneously--> which boosts the moisture impact. I use them them both as a leave in (mixed in aloe vera juice, sealed w/castor oil). They are the best products any dry natural can add to your routine. And of course twice a week isnt too much!

I don't use heat w/my conditioners any more. I did that for years and there was no difference from not using heat. I just put on a plastic cap and wrap a towel around my head. That generates enough heat to satisfy me and my hair.

Last edited: