How to disguise castor oil smell?

DozenRoses99

Does anyone do anything to disguise the smell of castor oil? I love the shine that castor oil produces, but I'm not crazy about the smell. Sometimes I use a little bit of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil (which smells like baby oil) after I use the castor oil, but I'm not crazy about this combination.

By any chance, does the smell of your conditioners overpower the smell of the castor oil? I saw in another thread that a lot of people use Victoria Secret's, VO5, and Suave conditioners to make their hair smell good. I'm allergic to Victoria Secret's perfumes and lotions and VO5 and Suave make my hair very tangled. I use Elucence MB conditioner, but the smell does not overpower anything that I put on my hair afterwards....

sweetnixsy

I mix castor oil with light (no smell) olive oil and lemon essential oil.
It maskes the smell but I notice that when I go to the gym or I havent washed my hair for a couple of days i catch a whiff of it, others probably can smell it though.

DozenRoses99

I mix castor oil with light (no smell) olive oil and lemon essential oil.
It maskes the smell but I notice that when I go to the gym or I havent washed my hair for a couple of days i catch a whiff of it, others probably can smell it though.

This is what I notice, also. I'm thinking about putting castor oil on my hair right after I wash it then put some type of nice smelling serum on my hair between washes. I hesitate to do this because most serums contain some type of cones which I'm trying to stay away from. Currently, I'm washing my hair 1-2 times a week