Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Never

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • More than twice a day

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vonnieluvs08

When my hair is in 2 strand twists 8-9mos of the year I'm moisturizing 3-5x a week. I use a three layer technique with my twists using a light leave in then a thicker moisturizer then a butter or oil to seal which means I don't have to moisturize for 2-3 days. When I'm wear twist outs in the summer I moisture each evening when I retwist but I use something light.

BeautifulFlower

I moisturize and apply a serum or a lil oil twice a day concentrating on the ends. I will apply it to all the hair only once a week. I rarely use a leave-in. If it becomes too much during the week, I'll do a co-wash mid way.

I also dont deep condition that often either even though I know I should. I used to do it alot more between SL and BSL.

Nasdaq_Diva

I go between once per day to every other day. As it gets colder out, I find myself moisturizing less, and that just sounds backwards lol. So yeah, now I'm going to start upping my moisturizing sessions!

Stepiphanie

Once or twice a week, I used to moisturize daily but once I started using the right products Qhemet brbc sealed with ohhb, my hair stays moisturized for atleast 4 straight days!!

brownbean96

Since starting my new regi - wash once a week, steam w/ condish, apply kimmaytube leave in, double strand twist with a little butter (shescentit) and sugar pomade (Oyin) my hair stays moisturized the entire week! I'm so excited about it. Never happened before this new regi. I just need to perfect my twist skills and I'll be straight:)

bimtheduck

Usually its once a day but i dunno lately the past few weeks ive only been doing it every couple, few days out of pure laziness. As of thursday im back to everyday.

kaykaybobay

I do twice a day. DC weather is cold and dry and I noticed my hair need more moisture. Also loving in an old drafty dry house had led to use jbco at least twice a day.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
How do you ladies moisturize if you have straightened your hair and your trying to wear it down with out losing that swing or using heat again? Someone told me I just use too much or too heavy of a product maybe thats true.. I feel like if I use moisture to often I have to re-straighten my hair......

EllePixie

If my hair is in a style (straightened or a braid out), I don't technically moisturize until I wash - I use oils to try to nourish my hair though. When I'm doing wash n gos, I moisturize daily, even if I am getting multi-day hair.

iri9109

How do you ladies moisturize if you have straightened your hair and your trying to wear it down with out losing that swing or using heat again? Someone told me I just use too much or too heavy of a product maybe thats true.. I feel like if I use moisture to often I have to re-straighten my hair......

i heard light oils like coconut or argan are good to use when you're trying to preserve straight hair...but any water or water based moisturizer will definitely make your hair go poof.

Truth

When it's straightened I use coconut oil about twice a week if that, Sometimes I will use a tiny bit of butter (shescentit Seyani Butter) but mainly it's the EVCO .. anything water based..my hair will :lol: and I will be like :ohwell::perplexed:nono: ....

I would like to up it to everyday, however I'm lazy, so every other day if that...

MissLadie

When wearing my hair straightened and down I still use my conditioner spritz everynight, but very little. I make 4 sections of hair, spray 1 or 2 pumps of the mix in my hand and rub it into the section I'm working on. Then I seal with my coconut oil mixture. Afterwards I do a high ponytail and use 4 rollers on the ends and wrap a scarf around my edges. I haven't had a problem with reversion or loosing swing as long as I stay light with the products.

HTH

ThatJerseyGirl

Everyday. Morning and Night. It's routine for me. My hair is in two strand twists. After my nightly prepare for bed routine, I moisturize my hair (Nu Gro Moisturizing Spray) all the way down to the ends and seal with Nu Gro Shea Butter Cream.

In the morning, when I remove my satin bonnett, repeat process.