Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Never

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • More than twice a day

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

How often do you apply hair moisturizers to your hair?

And is there a specific way that you do it? (after co-washing, applying oils afterward, wrapping afterward, etc)

faithVA

I'm natural 4a/4b and wear my hear in two strand twists, rope twists or a twists out on a daily basis. I should moisturize twice a day but for whatever reason I forget in the morning. I use Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier/water mix and spray it on. I then massage it into my roots which seem to be the driest part. I then seal it with whatever oil blend I have laying around.

I have found that keeping it moisturized daily definitely helps my twists out and reduces my detangling time on shampoo day.

FRESHstart101

errrr'day homie ... lol but seriously everyday, my hair gets dry and feels weird if i skip a day so i make it a must to spray some type of water-based mixture in it to bring it back to life. i think i overdue it sometimes but i don't mind the build up.

shunta

LaFemmeNaturelle;12079304[B said:
]I only apply leave-ins after a wash. I wash twice a week.[/B] If my hair feels dry in between, I will add in another co-wash because that's the best way to moisturize MY hair.

Yep, same here. I will only use my leave-in after washing and thats it. My hair sheds too badly if I try to moisturize dry hair so I've given up.

BlaqBella

I voted everday (i just don't feel right when I don't/and neither does my hair for the most part). But I like to try for twice a day(too lazy most times).

LushLox

I try to do it every day, even if my hair doesn't particularly feel dry but in these instances I'll only use a small amount. I kind of liken it to drinking water - just because you don't feel overly thirsty it doesn't mean that you're not dehydrated. So using the same principle if I hydrate regularly then I shouldn't (in theory) suffer with dry hair.

La Colocha

1x a day, i used to do 1x or 2x a week. While my hair is moisturized my scalp is dry, moisturizing 1x a day keeps it in check. I will just wet my hands and smooth my hair until damp and then use a leave in and seal with an oil or just use leave in alone.

NikkiQ

I voted twice a day- light spray with CFC or Infusium in the morning before work and right after I shower.

sunnieb

Twice daily with ORS Carrot Oil. I always apply to my edges first and then work lightly through the rest of my hair.

Tangie

I just wanted to add to my post from yesterday that while normally only moisturize (and seal) about every other day, I moisturize my nape and edges 2x a day.

ParagonTresses

Since I started my fall/winter reggie of twists/twistouts, I spritz my hair with a liquid leave-in every morning. Every other night I squeeze Quemet's Hydrating Balm into each twist (rubbing creates frizz for me).

iri9109

everyday...even if its not like a thick creamy moisturizer or leave-in, water touches my hair everyday, usually in the form of a spritz concoction

Americka

Everyday. I smooth about a quarter size amount throughout my hair. I let it dry and then I seal with sunflower oil.

makeupgirl

I was during it everyday up until Monday and only because I'm flat twisting my hair while I go back to wearing wigs for the fall/winter. So tomorrow, I'll take the twist down, shampoo (sulfate free of course), condition for the rest of the day and then rinse the condition out, add leave in, moisturize and seal and re-twist again and wear it like that for a week under the wig.

Now every other night, I''m baggying the end of the twists 2 together and so far so good. The other day I put EVOO and massaged the scalp.

bluediamond0829

Since Im back to wearing half wigs I moisturize sometimes once to twice a day. I try to before I leave for work and putting on the wig and then once when i get home.

when I was getting my hair pressed my hairstylist told me that wigs can dry out your hair. So im trying to keep it as mosturized as possible to get the most growth.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
2x/day. I'm a daily cowasher so I use a spray moisturizer on soaking wet hair and seal with a serum. At night or just when my hair is completely dry I moisturize with a butter,lotion, or cream. I apply in 4 sections.