What Else Do You Do When Co-washing?

What Else Is Part of Your Co-wash Regimen?

• I pre-poo beforehand.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I pre-poo beforehand and deep condition afterward.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I deep condition afterward.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I just co-wash. I don't do anything else with it.

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

When you co-wash your hair, what else do you do? Do you also pre-poo and/or deep condition?

Also, if you do deep condition afterward, do you do it under a hooded dryer, steamer, or overnight?

Last edited:

faithVA

I have very dry hair so I do a combination. I cowash several times a week so sometimes I prepoo and cowash. Sometimes I do all three. Sometimes I cowash and DC. Sometimes I just cowash. It really depends on how my hair feels and how much time I have.

I don't prepoo often. But I DC every week but not with every cowash because it takes too long. When I DC I used a heat cap. I sit at least 20 minutes but an hour if I have it.

Overnight DC's do nothing for my hair. And a heat cap is more convenient for me than a dryer.

choctaw

If I just finished swimming I may rinse hair with diluted aloe vera juice or fenugreek tea before co-wash. I sometimes start with an oil rinse and end with a co-wash. If there is no chlorine in my hair, I just wet it and co-wash.

I usually end co-wash by applying oil to edges and ends, make a braid to dry.

lamaria211

I usually put my CW condish on dry hair leave it on for about an hr or less then rinse. Sometimes if my hair is real dry ill mix in some oils n honey. Hth

sunnieb

I just cowash.

That's the big draw for me. I can fit this easily into my schedule because I just do it with my regular shower. :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
sunnieb said:
I just cowash.

That's the big draw for me. I can fit this easily into my schedule because I just do it with my regular shower. :yep:

+1

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

virtuenow

I pre-poo beforehand and co-wash w/the deep conditioner. Then do an oil rinse to finish it off. Moist-moist!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Either Cowash or Co-Cleanse
Deep Condition (Steam) Afterwards

A few times this Summer I've:

Pre-Treated overnight
Cowashed in the a.m.
Slapped on a DC under my Wig
Finish DC'ing when I get home

vmerie

Undercover superhero
If I am doing a DC treatment...I co-wash afterwards otherwise I just co-wash alone. I like to keep it simple as possible.

Americka

I always pre-poo and DC whether I am shampooing or co-washing. I've learned this is what my hair needs.

SimJam

depends ....
sometimes I just co-wash then put in a leave in and style (midweek)
for my weekly wash I always DC after.

I only prepoo when Im gonna use a cleanser that suds (Dr Bronners)

CurlsBazillion

I just cowash most of the time. Every now and again if I cowashed and bunned without detangling for a week and I don't want to wash and DC I will prepoo with some oil and separate my tangles before cowashing.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Often do a dry DC with tea and conditioner....cowash with 2 lathers. I first rinse then apply conditioner, then rinse, then apply tea, then squeeze out the excess, then apply oil then apply my second lather of conditioner and go about shower duties. Rinse it all out then do a final rinse with aloe, tea and acv. It sounds like a lot but takes very little time. I'm usually in and out of the shower in about 20 minutes.

Ann0804

I co wash on dry hair with a dc. I usually leave it on for an hour or two. So it's a one step for me- just co wash.

DominicanBrazilian82

virtuenow said:
I pre-poo beforehand and co-wash w/the deep conditioner. Then do an oil rinse to finish it off. Moist-moist!

This is what I'd like to do... minus the oil rinse because my hair gets too oily and weighed down with a lot of oil. But an oil prepoo, co wash and dc needs to be apart of my regi ASAP!

Atdow71

Its very rare that I pre-poo because I always forget
I dc on dry hair anywhere from 30 min +
Then I co wash, usually 2xs

irisak

Sometimes I'll do an oil rinse. Usually I just co wash though.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
SimJam said:
depends ....
sometimes I just co-wash then put in a leave in and style (midweek)
for my weekly wash I always DC after.

I only prepoo when Im gonna use a cleanser that suds (Dr Bronners)

This sounds similar to what I do...

biancaelyse

I keep it simple:

Cowash, rinse 90% of conditioner out, wrap in turby-twist towel, apply a bit or oil and ecostyler gel and air dry.

I may dc once a week and I don't prepoo.