How often can I clarify?

NikkiGirl

Hi Ladies,

I have only been on my HHJ for four months and I have noticed something. I have been reading lots of posts on regimens and I noticed that most ladies clarify once a month. But I also noticed that when I clarify, and then deep condition, my hair feels so great. :lick: It is super soft and I have to remind myself to keep my hands out of my hair. So my question is....

How often do you clarify?
What do you use?

and

How often do you think it is safe to clarify?

Thanks

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I try to clarify once a month. I alternate between Frederic Fekkai's apple cider vinegar shampoo and Ouidad's water works shampoo. I think clarifying once a month is safe.

JJamiah

I use Ion Clarifying shampoo, once a month to every 2 months. It says it is good to use once a week.

I absolutely love this shampoo, it clarifys with out over-dry. :)

chelleypie810

i use ions hard water shampoo weekly because the water in fl sucks and it also says on the bottle it can be used pretty often, i think its once a week like jj said.

MizzCoco

OP I know exactly what you mean. I love the feeling of clarified hair. It behaves so much better. I use Joico Resolve clarifying poo, and it chelates too. I use it every 3-4 weeks, but I want to use it more often!

NikkiGirl

I guess I will I can safely go with every two to three weeks. Clarified hair is so easy to deal with.

Tinkerbell, I love your bob. You have great growth since the bob pic.

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

I never clarified before. The most I did was bentonite clay with ACV mixed in. Regular shampoos with sls makes my hair extra tangly and squeaky even after a dc so I'm scared what a clarifiying poo will do.

Mari J

I've never clarified before either but I think it's worth a shot. Does clarifying shampoo make your hair feel matted? I have this problem sometimes with regular shampoo. Just curious.:eat:

darlingdiva

Has anyone ever tried V05 clarifying shampoo and conditioner? I have some but I haven't used it yet.

I use the V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo, and I like it. It doesn't make my hair feel stripped, and it clarifies well to be so inexpensive.

brucebettye

I clarify at least every two weeks. I have been using lots of moisturizer and gel since I have been bunning and I need to wash those products out of my hair often.

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
I use the V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo, and I like it. It doesn't make my hair feel stripped, and it clarifies well to be so inexpensive.

I use to use this but cant find it anywhere now! I thought they'd discontinued it. Ive found another one that I really like now, but was very please w/the kiwi & lime results.