How often do you Clarify?

honeycomb719

How often do you ladies use a clarifying shampoo? What type of poo do you follow up with? i.e moisturizing, protein etc...
What tell tell signs let you know you need to clarify?
Why?

camellia

I clarify once every three or four weeks. I use either Nexxus Aloe Rid or Redken Cleansing Cream.

I don't use any other shampoo afterwards. I usually apply a "heavy" protien (Nexxus Emergencee) right after I've clarified. Sometimes I use "light" protein (Nexxus Keraphix) and I mix a little warm honey and unrefined hemp seed oil with it.

Catina72

I try to clarify every 3-4 weeks with Nexxus Aloe Rid. I follow with a regular conditioner and then use Organics Hair Mayonnaise with a plastic shower cap left on for about 1 hour. I can usually tell I need to clarify by the way my hair feels after a regular poo or CW. I also use several products daily so I feel its just a good idea to clarify as often and consistent as I do.

honeycomb719

I clarify on the 3rd week also. I know you clarify to remove buildup on the scalp from other products and poos/cond.
What signs do you hair give if you need to clarify more? I do notice that my moisturizing poos work better leaving my hair feeling more moisturized and not as dry when its blowdried.

Isis

I was clarifying about once each year (yes, I know) with Suave Clarifying shampoo until recently. I decided to try the baking soda/shampoo method some of the ladies here have raved about.

I add a teaspoon of baking soda into the amount of shampoo I'm going to use (Botanoil), mix it together in my hand and apply. The baking soda seems to break down the thickness of my shampoo (gets runnier) so I have apply it quickly. After rinsing, I follow up with my usual moisturizing conditioner (Humectress) for deep conditioning.

I knew I needed to clarify because my hair felt very coated even after poo washing. It was from a really good product I tried for the first time recently (free sample) that had cones in it. After clarifying, I noticed my conditioner seemed to work better than it has in a long time - more moisturized, more slip and softer hair.

I've now clarified 3 hair washes in a row, and I didn't need to the last 2 times. It was just so gentle and I love the way my hair felt when I was all done. I'm going to do this just twice each month now.:)

caribeandiva

Human being
every 2 weeks. i used Nexxus Aloe rid shampoo, followed by Nexxus Therappe shampoo, then deep-condition with Humectress conditioner.

Tene

I clarify once a week and I use Nature's Gate Rainwater Clarifying Shampoo. I don't follow up with any other shampoo cause that shampoo isn't drying at all.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
Redken Cleansing Cream in the liter bottle is my new friend. I never used to clarify, but I do it pretty frequently now. If I'm using styling products I'll use it every few days. My scalp gets itchy and my hair feels oily/coated if I don't. I'll also use it if I'm trying out new products.