Question for the Co-Washers out there.....

Whimsy

How often do you shampoo and how often do you clarify?

i have been cowashing daily and shampooing about weekly. I only clarify monthly maybe.... or if i use a serum/lots cone products.

Eisani

Shampoo usually hits my hair once or twice/wk. As far a chelating or clarifying, I don't have a set schedule. I listen to my hair and scalp. They'll let me know when it's time to chelate.

MiWay

I shampoo once a week, or once every 10 days...depending on how lazy I'm being. I clarify maybe once every 2-3 months.

nadz

I CW daily, Shampoo weekly and clarify monthly and follow it up with a protein treatment.

LABETT

I co wash daily and use a clarifying shampoo Fekaai Apple Cider which is very gentle every two weeks.
I do oil rinses with co washes to and use Fekaai Apple Cider Rinse weekly to keep build up in check.

bbdgirl

I co wash 2-3 times a week and shampoo once a week. I chelate when necessary 2 or 3 times a month. My hair is kind of fine to medium and product builds up quickly; so I chelate/clarify whenever I feel that my hair needs it.

audacity.

How often do you shampoo and how often do you clarify?

i have been cowashing daily and shampooing about weekly. I only clarify monthly maybe.... or if i use a serum/lots cone products.

my shampoo IS to clarify...i try to stick to a "schedule" but it doesn't work out that way. i tend to clarify whenever my hair starts to feel like it needs it...like if it feels "crunchy" after being airdried or feels coated b/c of product build-up...this lat time i think it was about 4 weeks between my shampoos

HTH!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I co-wash 3x a week, wash with a moisturizing shampoo once a week and clarify as needed (usually when I feel that my products aren't working as well as they used to).

chebaby

when i was co washing once a week i would shampoo once a week as well. now that i am co washing daily i havent used shampoo in two weeks. i dont know when i will use it. im planning on flat ironing this or next weekend so if i do i will clarify, shampoo, deep condition and flat iron.

imstush

I co-wash daily in the summer, shampoo once a week or once every two weeks. I actually just found a clarifying conditioner, want to try it.

nappy85

I shampoo once per week. Sometimes I'll shampoo twice per week, but that's only if I'ved used many heavy products and my co-wash won't remove the products. I don't clarify.

Last edited:

Nonie

I shampoo at least once a week but usually twice. I CW whenever the mood hits me (1-3 times a week on average). I never clarify. I don't use any other products on my hair except shampoo and conditioner so I never seem to have have build-up. Maybe ACV rinses help with keeping build-up at bay.

vlucious

lately, since its summers ive been wearing gel alot, (cause it dries faster) so i find myself having to clarify more often, about 1-2 times a week and co washing in between then. usually its just when i feel that my hair needs it. so basically 1-3 times a month.

Starr1

Shampoo? What's that?:look:

No, but seriously, I might shampoo my scalp once a month (and that's only my scalp)- assuming of course I don't use a shikakai/amla paste instead. I might clarify once every 6 months, but considering I only use natural products to style my hair, I don't get buildup very often. :yep:

JustKiya

Shampoo? What's that?:look:

No, but seriously, I might shampoo my scalp once a month (and that's only my scalp)- assuming of course I don't use a shikakai/amla paste instead. I might clarify once every 6 months, but considering I only use natural products to style my hair, I don't get buildup very often. :yep:

Oh, yeah. If Shi/Amla counts, I use those about once a month, most months...... but they are mixed with the con that I'm DCw'ing with, so, I still don't see it as a 'pure' shampoo....

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I only use shampoo to neutralize after a relaxer so about every 12wks. Right now I'm on a 6 month strech so it'll be a while. I never clarify though. Maybe cause I only co-wash once a week and I think my cond. doesn't have cones (Suave Tropical Coconut).