Cone Users- how often do you clarify?

sharifeh

Just wondering...
I still haven't figured out if my hair "likes" cones or not buy I do notice people talk about needing to clarify more often than non cone users.

TIA

I clarify once a month. My hair likes a little cones, but not too much. I make sure that if using them that they are towards the bottom of the list. I only use these products once a week when I DC or CW. HTH

I clarify probably every 6 weeks (could be earlier if I hair feels weird)... I soap wash (castille soap mixed with water and oils) every 2-3 weeks.

My cowash cons all have cones - Aussie Moist, Suave Humectant and Herbal Essences cons.

thanks girls! i just get paranoid with all the talk about how much buildup cones give you...

Weekly, but not because of the cones...because I have a severe aversion to the smell of "sweat" in my scalp. I lead worship, and let's just say my scalp craves clarification EVERY Sunday after church.:lachen:

I used to clarify my hair every 3 weeks or so when I was using predominantly cone containing products but since including more natural/organic products and less commercial products, I only clarify about every 5-6 weeks now.

I love it this way because clarifying poos really dry out my hair. I do however like the effect of Elucence and CON Clarifying Poos on my hair. They do not dry out my hair as much as my ORS Aloe poo. Even my Mizani Puriphyl Poo is gentler than ORS Aloe Poo.

Whenever my hair feels like it, which is usually once a week or so since I cowash daily and I don't rinse out all of the condish.

I Clarify whenever I feel severe Product Buildup. For instance, when I was phony-bunning I was using both a Serum and a Gel -- and at times, a daily moisturizer to keep everything nice & "sleek" so I felt like I needed to clarify weekly to get all of that out. I always start First by rinsing with clear water for a long, long, long time.

I will also clarify to get the "feel" of a New Product. Like starting with a clean slate (so to speak) to Gauge the product's Performance and Effectiveness.

And Also 2 Weeks leading up to Relaxing.

I have found Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea Butter and Babbasu Oil Clarifying Shampoo to be very mild and non-stripping (as far as clarifiers go). But Getting that Moisture back in is Key.:yep:

I wash daily or weekly with a gentle poo and that works for me. 'Cones aren't the absolutely evil people make them out to be in proper moderation for what works for YOUR mane.

Back