How Long Did it take to Acheive your current Lengt

free2bme

Hi All,

So many of you ladies have such lovely long locks. I was wondering how long it took to reach your current length.

My hair is just brushing my shoulders and I started from a TWA June 2001. This summer I gave myself to major trim taking off about 3 inches. My hair hasn't been this length since I was a little girl so it's still kind of exciting to me.

What are your long hair stories?

My hair was right on top of my shoulders last year around this time. It was arm pit length before I cut it last week so it took me a year. Now I am back at shoulder length. How depressing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

My hair is bra strap length as of sept '02 /images/graemlins/smile.gif and I started growing out in June 2000 at above shouler length. Last year I had a mishap and lost 7-8 months of growth, so I don't coun't those months. So all together it has taken me 21 months to get to where I am now. And hopefully it wont take more than 15 more months to reach my final goal of waist length (another 5 or so inches).

<font color="brown">
I started growing my relaxer out in May 2001. My hair was 2" or so below my bra strap at the time. I did the big chop last month cutting off all relaxed ends plus another 2-3 inches of scab hair that was very coarse and dry. This left me with 12 inches of curly hair. I've gained another 1.5 inches in the last month so now I have a total of 13.5" of curly hair. </font color>

I still haven&amp;#8217;t achieved the length I want (tailbone) &amp;#8211; but I&amp;#8217;ve had a few setbacks. I went from a little above nape length to two inches below shoulders (about 5 inches) since January 2001, but I've been striving for the health I&amp;#8217;ve achieved thus far for many years now.

I&amp;#8217;m happy with what I&amp;#8217;ve done so far (since early 2000) but I&amp;#8217;ve cut my hair sooooo many times by accident that I haven&amp;#8217;t really retained as much length as I should have. Now that I only allow me, or Mom, to trim - I think I&amp;#8217;m on my way. Even with my normal growth rate I should be at Adrienne's length by now. Just being able to get back what felt like a tremendous loss of length since last January is encouraging. The rationale is that if I can achieve the same amount of length that I did between now and the end of next summer by this time next year I&amp;#8217;ll be a happy camper. 5 inches more would put me WELL at brastrap length.

I've gone from a chin length cut in February of this year, plus 2 trims(totaling 2 inches), to my current length...just below the shoulders in the back and shoulder length on the sides(when straightened).

I started with about 23 inches of relaxed hair (October 2001) and cut to roughly 11 inches (February 2002) before I chopped the rest of my hair in April. Right now I'm at 4 inches in the back (where I shaved it off in April 2002), And I progress up to 9 inches which is the sides of my hair. I started off with a Halle Berry cut which left me with 2-3 inches at the top of my hair, and from 1/8 of an inch to an inch in the back. So it's taken me about 6 months to get between 4-6 inches of growth. I think that my hair grows slower at my nape which is why that area is so short compared to everywhere else.

I cut all of my relaxed hair off back in Feb. 2000. I have been growing it out ever since. I have had some trims but not any major cuts. So that is 2 2/3 years.

Re: skgeesmb-curious!

Is there a reason you chose to cut off the relaxed hair instead of transitioning. With your hair type I would think it would not bave been hard. I realize that it is an individual choice, but I am still curious.

Two and a half to 3 years ago my hair was hacked off so that I could just about tuck it behind my ears. Now its between my shoulder blades.

I'm hoping to by next summer to have it at bra strap length.

I cut my hair to nape length last July to rid myself of a bad relaxer. The shortest layer was less then an inch from my scalp. Now, the back of my hair is about 2 inches from bra strap but the rest of my layers still have some catching up to do. My shortest layer is 1 inch from touching the nape of my neck.

when i started trying to grow my hair out i was at shoulder length. it took me about 2-3 years i would say. now i'm about 3 inches from waist. i had a "trim" that set me back some.

Hey! I answered this thread already but since October 2002, I cut my hair off (to 9 inches in 2003) and it is now back to shoulder length. I think that is a a good thing.
ohwell.gif

It took me a little over a year to go from ear length to shoulder length, and I hope to be at bra strap by next December(sooner would be nice!). I would say another year, but I know I have some thin ends on the sides that gradually need to go through trims in the meantime from wearing a ponytail piece all the time and putting stress on the same area of hair.

it took me four months to go from nape length to a little past shoulder length. i'm hoping to be at brastrap by the beginning of next year.

when I joined last October my hair was at the top of my shoulders. Now it is in the middle of my shoulder blades.

Back