After your big chop, how long did it take you to reach Shoulder length?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I'm setting a goal of Shoulder length by January of next year. I'm not sure if I'm being way too hopeful though :lol: :lachen:haha but anyway, how low did you chop off your hair (How many inches did you have after your bc was completed) and how long did it take you to reach shoulder length? I need some encouragement :) Thanks ladies

naija24

depends on when you big chopped. if you big chopped after like 9-12 months, probably another 6 months after that if you retain.

if were like me and shaved your frickin head off to less than 0.5 inches of hair, probably a year and a half.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm setting a goal of Shoulder length by January of next year. I'm not sure if I'm being way too hopeful though :lol: :lachen:haha but anyway, how low did you chop off your hair (How many inches did you have after your bc was completed) and how long did it take you to reach shoulder length? I need some encouragement :) Thanks ladies

When I BC, my hair came out to be alittle above ear length. The next month I put micro-braids in. I had those braids in for 3mths. When I took out the braids my hair was scrapping SL. So I would say 4-5mths it took me to get from barely EL to SL.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
When I b'c the first time, I had 1 inch of hair all around.

It took 1 year for the back to make it to SL. I was full SL at 17 months post.

KinkyRN

I would like my hair to be SL. I am currently growing out of a very short taper (twa) so hearing a year and a half (max) I am happy!!

ronie

I BCd after transitioning 11 months and here are a few pictures of my hair: 6 months post BC image-45075123.jpg Flat iron 8 months post image-1960856273.jpg

Attachments

• image-2572005809.jpg
    image-2572005809.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 40

CheChe1881

I BC'd my heat damaged hair in January 2012 (it was 1/4 inch in length) and I got shoulder length in November 2012.

xu93texas

I BC'd my heat damaged hair in January 2012 (it was 1/4 inch in length) and I got shoulder length in November 2012.

Wow, your hair grows fast and you retained all of your growth. What was your regimen that year? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol :)

CheChe1881

Wow, your hair grows fast and you retained all of your growth. What was your regimen that year? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol :)
This may seem silly but I really didn't do much. I am the laziest person ever when it comes to my hair. I cowash here and there and wore a half wig majority of the time. I honestly think I can attribute majority of my growth to gratitude (law of attraction) and visualizing. I Photoshopped a photo of myself with longer hair and visualized how I felt with longer hair then I professed my gratitude for what I have now. That's really it, I promise.

Amarilles

15 months to 2 years in maybe? I'm transitioning (23 months) and the NG is past my shoulders now but I can't remember exactly when it got there. I assume around 17 months in or around there.

Attachments

• CAM00108.jpg
    CAM00108.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 62

snoop

I BC'd to maybe half an inch or less. It took a little more than 12 months for the back to reach SL.

xu93texas

This may seem silly but I really didn't do much. I am the laziest person ever when it comes to my hair. I cowash here and there and wore a half wig majority of the time. I honestly think I can attribute majority of my growth to gratitude (law of attraction) and visualizing. I Photoshopped a photo of myself with longer hair and visualized how I felt with longer hair then I professed my gratitude for what I have now. That's really it, I promise.

Amen! Love it! I wrote something similar to this in my hair journal back in 2011. Thanks for reminding me to do this:)

Queensheba88

Was 4c natural big chopped at 10 months post relaxer was natural for 8 months was shoulder length when I relaxed this past December at 18months post relaxer...got it cut in a bob and growing it back out

AmiJay

I cut my hair to less than an inch. It took me about a year and a half to get to shoulder length but that was only if my hair was straightened. My hair type is 4b/c. I actually measured my hair by how big my puff looked. The bigger the better!

trebell

I cut my hair in July 2011. November 2013 it was past my shoulders with trims done about twice a year. This time around I felt like my hair took forever to get back to my shoulder. Because of heat damage I had to get it cut in a bob.

ForumRunner_20140307_222133.jpg

ForumRunner_20140307_222158.jpg

If my pictures are big sorry.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This was my hair September 2012 (first 3 pics) after my 2nd big chop. And the next set of pics is my hair now...

image-3938737063.jpg

image-2187416293.jpg

image-519122848.jpg

image-367196678.jpg

image-3437037115.jpg

image-722400176.jpg

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

cocomama

It's been a while...but I think somewhere around 16 -18 months. I transitioned for 14 months. When I bced I was about an inch or two away. I swear it seems like my hair grew faster when I first went natural:sad:

1BalancedBeauty

I chopped down to about 1.5 inches of hair in the crown and a fade on the sides.

It took me almost 2 years to get to shoulder length - stretched.