How Long Did it take to Acheive your current Lengt

free2bme

Hi All,

So many of you ladies have such lovely long locks. I was wondering how long it took to reach your current length.

My hair is just brushing my shoulders and I started from a TWA June 2001. This summer I gave myself to major trim taking off about 3 inches. My hair hasn't been this length since I was a little girl so it's still kind of exciting to me.

What are your long hair stories?

H

HoneyRockette

My hair was right on top of my shoulders last year around this time. It was arm pit length before I cut it last week so it took me a year. Now I am back at shoulder length. How depressing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

DiamondDoll

My hair is bra strap length as of sept '02 /images/graemlins/smile.gif and I started growing out in June 2000 at above shouler length. Last year I had a mishap and lost 7-8 months of growth, so I don't coun't those months. So all together it has taken me 21 months to get to where I am now. And hopefully it wont take more than 15 more months to reach my final goal of waist length (another 5 or so inches).

Elyse

<font color="brown">
I started growing my relaxer out in May 2001. My hair was 2" or so below my bra strap at the time. I did the big chop last month cutting off all relaxed ends plus another 2-3 inches of scab hair that was very coarse and dry. This left me with 12 inches of curly hair. I've gained another 1.5 inches in the last month so now I have a total of 13.5" of curly hair. </font color>

Tracy

I still haven&amp;#8217;t achieved the length I want (tailbone) &amp;#8211; but I&amp;#8217;ve had a few setbacks. I went from a little above nape length to two inches below shoulders (about 5 inches) since January 2001, but I've been striving for the health I&amp;#8217;ve achieved thus far for many years now.

I&amp;#8217;m happy with what I&amp;#8217;ve done so far (since early 2000) but I&amp;#8217;ve cut my hair sooooo many times by accident that I haven&amp;#8217;t really retained as much length as I should have. Now that I only allow me, or Mom, to trim - I think I&amp;#8217;m on my way. Even with my normal growth rate I should be at Adrienne's length by now. Just being able to get back what felt like a tremendous loss of length since last January is encouraging. The rationale is that if I can achieve the same amount of length that I did between now and the end of next summer by this time next year I&amp;#8217;ll be a happy camper. 5 inches more would put me WELL at brastrap length.

sweetcocoa

I've gone from a chin length cut in February of this year, plus 2 trims(totaling 2 inches), to my current length...just below the shoulders in the back and shoulder length on the sides(when straightened).

skegeesmb

I started with about 23 inches of relaxed hair (October 2001) and cut to roughly 11 inches (February 2002) before I chopped the rest of my hair in April. Right now I'm at 4 inches in the back (where I shaved it off in April 2002), And I progress up to 9 inches which is the sides of my hair. I started off with a Halle Berry cut which left me with 2-3 inches at the top of my hair, and from 1/8 of an inch to an inch in the back. So it's taken me about 6 months to get between 4-6 inches of growth. I think that my hair grows slower at my nape which is why that area is so short compared to everywhere else.

PracticallyMe

High Powered Lurker
I cut all of my relaxed hair off back in Feb. 2000. I have been growing it out ever since. I have had some trims but not any major cuts. So that is 2 2/3 years.

Mahalialee4

Re: skgeesmb-curious!

Is there a reason you chose to cut off the relaxed hair instead of transitioning. With your hair type I would think it would not bave been hard. I realize that it is an individual choice, but I am still curious.

Two and a half to 3 years ago my hair was hacked off so that I could just about tuck it behind my ears. Now its between my shoulder blades.

I'm hoping to by next summer to have it at bra strap length.

CaramelKiss

I cut my hair to nape length last July to rid myself of a bad relaxer. The shortest layer was less then an inch from my scalp. Now, the back of my hair is about 2 inches from bra strap but the rest of my layers still have some catching up to do. My shortest layer is 1 inch from touching the nape of my neck.

EXSQUISIT

when i started trying to grow my hair out i was at shoulder length. it took me about 2-3 years i would say. now i'm about 3 inches from waist. i had a "trim" that set me back some.

H

HoneyRockette

Hey! I answered this thread already but since October 2002, I cut my hair off (to 9 inches in 2003) and it is now back to shoulder length. I think that is a a good thing.

Leslie_C

It took me a little over a year to go from ear length to shoulder length, and I hope to be at bra strap by next December(sooner would be nice!). I would say another year, but I know I have some thin ends on the sides that gradually need to go through trims in the meantime from wearing a ponytail piece all the time and putting stress on the same area of hair.

candibaby

it took me four months to go from nape length to a little past shoulder length. i'm hoping to be at brastrap by the beginning of next year.

kjames001

when I joined last October my hair was at the top of my shoulders. Now it is in the middle of my shoulder blades.