HOW DO YOU ROLLERSET THE SIDES?

lonei

Hi ladies, I can do the mohawk section just fine, but how on earth do I correctly angle the back sides? How do you part it, at what angle do you hold the hair, do you roll under or over, do you start at the top or bottom? I only want to use 3/4 rollers in the back left or right section. I plan on using the grey rollers tonight, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nenah

I have yet to figure this out myself it's so hard to do the sides the Mohawk is fine

deltagyrl

lonei said:
Hi ladies, I can do the mohawk section just fine, but how on earth do I correctly angle the back sides? How do you part it, at what angle do you hold the hair, do you roll under or over, do you start at the top or bottom? I only want to use 3/4 rollers in the back left or right section. I plan on using the grey rollers tonight, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macherieamour has a FABULOUS rollersetting tutorial. Her hair is wayy gorgeous (and much longer than mine) and my rollersets came out pretty following her instructions.

Whispering- "Roll the sides up instead of under......."

Please post pics of your set because your hair is GORGEOUS! You're definitely a hair idol. I LOVE your siggy pic!

Zahrah

I roll my sides upward so to do this, I would comb the hair downward and then roll upward and comb hair upward to roll down. Hope that helps.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I roll my back sides downward, by combing the hair up and holding on an angle then roll down. I use to roll the back last two rows upward, but I haven't done that in awhile.

lonei

delta_gyrl said:
Macherieamour has a FABULOUS rollersetting tutorial. Her hair is wayy gorgeous (and much longer than mine) and my rollersets came out pretty following her instructions.

Whispering- "Roll the sides up instead of under......."

Please post pics of your set because your hair is GORGEOUS! You're definitely a hair idol. I LOVE your siggy pic!

I tried her way and its just as bad! I just cant get the angles right! I'm under the dryer with a large section ponytail rollerset tonight, which I know aint gonna come out nice. I so couldn't be bothered to fight with my hair tonight!

Thanks for the compliment babe...

caribeandiva

Human being
after the mohawk i usually part each of the sides in 2 sections and then i use 3 rollers on each section so it adds up to 6 on each side. I hold the hair straight out and always roll under. good luck.

Recherché.Beauty

I can never get it right.. Everytime I rollerset I always end up looking like a 50 year old grandma..it's horrible..that's why I never actually wear my rollersets...maybe I need to invest in a hooded dryer for better results

Ladylynn

Recherch鮂eauty said:
I can never get it right.. Everytime I rollerset I always end up looking like a 50 year old grandma..it's horrible..that's why I never actually wear my rollersets...maybe I need to invest in a hooded dryer for better results

If you roll your hair under instead of over, you will get a flatter more modern set. I had this problem too, but once I started rolling under-- problem solved.