Maintaining A Rollerset: How do you do it?

star

After accomplishing a nice rollerset how do you have the look the next day. Do you do the mohawk rollers at night; just put some rollers in your head or what? Just curious, thanks ladies.

deltagyrl

have to re-roll it everynight or i get the smushed head thing going on...

i'm also noticing that during my stretch the closer it gets to my relax'n time, the worse my rollerset looks....:(

Guyaneek

I know some ladies try the pincurls to hold it over. I've never rolled mine back up but that sounds like an option as well.

star

delta_gyrl said:

i'm also noticing that during my stretch the closer it gets to my relax'n time, the worse my rollerset looks....:(
Do you use the same rollers that you use in rollerset? these things are hard or do you use the other softer plastic rollers?

star

Guyaneek said:
I know some ladies try the pincurls to hold it over. I've never rolled mine back up but that sounds like an option as well.
How do you keep it up if you do not roll it up?

Namilani

I always thought there was some special wrapping technique :lol: ! I have now been advised that they are rollers (just got me some Wrap, Snap, and Gos) and/or pin curls!!

star

Talipoohz_Momma said:
I always thought there was some special wrapping technique :lol: ! I have now been advised that they are rollers (just got me some Wrap, Snap, and Gos) and/or pin curls!!
Thanks, I think I will get some pin curls for maintenance.

Doll

I use a bonnet which equals smush head! LOL

On the average, how many pin curls do you ladies use at night to maintain your rollersets?

OneInAMillion

Guyaneek said:
I pin curl it to my head with bobby pins. Works well for me!

Ditto...I thought I was pincurling until I saw someone else's technique, which is slightly different. I roll my hair around my finger and stick a bobby pin through it. My curls are tight and bouncy the next day.

If I did a true pin-curl (see SouthernGirl's album) it would be looser curls.

brickhouse

One of my coworkers told me to pull my curls up and pin it up. I did that last week and let it down in the mornings. My rollerset last for 4-5 days.

Doll

Thanks for the responses ladies! I really appreciate them! I've just completed my 6 month stretch and plan to relax soon so this info will come in handy!

deltagyrl

star said:
Do you use the same rollers that you use in rollerset? these things are hard or do you use the other softer plastic rollers?

Yep. Tried the pincurls and I looked a h.a.m the next morning. My hair is weird.:(

godsflowerrr

oooooohhhhhh I can't wait to try this..
OneInAMillion said:
Ditto...I thought I was pincurling until I saw someone else's technique, which is slightly different. I roll my hair around my finger and stick a bobby pin through it. My curls are tight and bouncy the next day.

If I did a true pin-curl (see SouthernGirl's album) it would be looser curls.

KathyMay

I do the same as well. I can keep my rollset for four days and this is coming from someone who sleeps wild.

Guyaneek said:
I pin curl it to my head with bobby pins. Works well for me!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
delta_gyrl said:

Me too and pin curling doesn't work for me at all. I have tried the get up in the morning and roll it up and that doesn't work as well. I am going to stick with what works which is re-rolling it everynight.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
delta_gyrl said:
Yep. Tried the pincurls and I looked a h.a.m the next morning. My hair is weird.:(

Delta, we may be hair twins when it comes to rollersetting. I am the same way. Hair doesn't like pincurls. I use the hard rollers with the cover instead of the clips.

star

Thanks ladies I going to play around with this and try the pin curls, pulling my hair up and pinning it and re-roller and see the results I get each night. Thanks so much I am so looking forward to 2007 of rollersetting for me.

Isis

star said:
Thanks ladies I going to play around with this and try the pin curls, pulling my hair up and pinning it and re-roller and see the results I get each night. Thanks so much I am so looking forward to 2007 of rollersetting for me.
You may enjoy the results of pincurling Star. I know I do. I don't make as many pincurls as I did starting out, just about 8 or so for looser curls. I still haven't tried a bantu knot that Pokanatas does either--that sounds quite beautiful.

star

Isis said:
You may enjoy the results of pincurling Star. I know I do. I don't make as many pincurls as I did starting out, just about 8 or so for looser curls. I still haven't tried a bantu knot that Pokanatas does either--that sounds quite beautiful.
THanks Iris, this does seem to be most popular.