• Freestyle

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

envybeauty

HOW DO YOU ROLLERSET (Mohawk, etc.)?

I have tried to do the mohawk version where you roll the rollers down a row in the middle of your head first and then you put rollers on the side. My hair comes out a hot mess when I do it that way everytime (I can't get the rollers in a straight row, the hair is not taunt on the roller, etc.).

Yesterday, I tried freestyle where you just grab a section of hair, roll it, and there is no rhyme or reason to how you part the hair. I got all the rollers to be taunt enough that when I shook my head, no rollers moved or fell out.

How do you do it? Do you have pics of you in rollers?

Last edited:

prettykinks

I need to know this also. I just bought some magnetic one and i have no clue how to use them. I have never rolled my hair. It is natural so I wonder how it will come out.

MissFallon

I have been rolling my hair like this for about 5 years. I can't do the mohawk, tried once and it was a HAM.

Dee-Licious

I do the mohawk set. At first I couldn't do it either but I just started practicing and keeping a spray bottle beside me to rewet as I went. Marchieamour has a great tutorial that taught me how to rollerset.

My pictures are in my fotki.

http://fotki.com

http://fotki.com

Last edited:

shunta

MsDee4 said:
I do the mohawk set. At first I couldn't do it either but I just started practicing and keeping a spray bottle beside me to rewet as I went. Marchieamour has a great tutorial that taught me how to rollerset.

My pictures are in my fotki.
Yep, same here. Remember that practice makes perfect.:)

macherieamour

I use the mohawk style. Just because thats how I was taught by the Dominicans. I find it to be the most user friendly but thats just me:)

locabouthair

i use the mohawk style too because thats how i saw it in someone's album. i think it might have been dlewis not sure though. it comes out okay for me.

Gryphyn

I go row by row, starting at the back. I've done them that way ever since I learned how to rollerset my own hair when I was 11. I have pics in my album

Rollersets

delecie

I have natural hair and I do a rollerset after shampooing, while my hair is still wet. My hair is parted down the middle with 3 plaits on each side. I loosen each plait, spray it with leave in conditioner, and divide it into quarters. I then roll each section straight back, ending up with 24 rollers in my hair. I use magnetic rollers of different sizes and secure them with Salon Care All Purpose Clips. Unfortunately, I don't have any photographs.

bablou00

I do both ways just depending on how I feel. I mostly do the mohawk but like placing them where ever

digitaldiva

Re: HOW DO YOU ROLLERSET (Mohawk, etc.)?

nvybeauty said:
I have tried to do the mohawk version where you roll the rollers down a row in the middle of your head first and then you put rollers on the side. My hair comes out a hot mess when I do it that way everytime (I can't get the rollers in a straight row, the hair is not taunt on the roller, etc.).

Yesterday, I tried freestyle where you just grab a section of hair, roll it, and there is no rhyme or reason to how you part the hair. I got all the rollers to be taunt enough that when I shook my head, no rollers moved or fell out.

How do you do it? Do you have pics of you in rollers?

Man, I was just in the bathroom trying this. I haven't put any heat on my hair in about 6 weeks. I had been doing ponytails myself and rollersets by stylist, but I need to wash every 3 days. Which leaves Sundays all up to me. I have about 5 rollers in the top of my head, then I gave up. I'll just flat iron the rest and try again later.

neenzmj

I start out with the mohawk, but by the time I'm finished, it's pretty much freestyle. My arms get tired and I have the hardest time trying to fit all those big rollers on my head.

dillard

I usually do row by row also starting in the back. But lately, I've been doing it a new way, I still do row by row but I turn the rollers vertically instead of horizontal so it sweeps to one side. I like the way it comes out better. By the time I get to the front it's kinda freestyle though.

janeemat

I start down the middle. I guess that is mohawk. I use the purple magnetic rollers, 8 down the middle and 7 on each side. Perfect set ever time. It take 35 min.

foxy kc

MissFallon said:

I have been rolling my hair like this for about 5 years. I can't do the mohawk, tried once and it was a HAM.

I rollerset this way as well, but I roll up instead of down.

envybeauty

dillard said:
I usually do row by row also starting in the back. But lately, I've been doing it a new way, I still do row by row but I turn the rollers vertically instead of horizontal so it sweeps to one side. I like the way it comes out better. By the time I get to the front it's kinda freestyle though.

Dillard!! Love your bouncy curls in your siggy. Please take pics next time of your rollerset (in rollers) so that we can see!;) Too cute...

2Cute!

I do the mohawk set also. It's easier for me to get my hair straighter at the roots (their more taut - so they come out straighter). :)