How do you part your hair after long stretch?

ladymekole

I have a question for those who stretch. How do you part your hair to apply your relaxer after a long stretch? I have been stretching for 3 months now. I plan to relax my hair this weekend, but I am afraid of breaking, snapping hair when I try to make parts to apply the relaxer.
Any tips?

Saida

I dont know but I would use my hands to part my hair :yep: im 17 weeks post now, and if I use a comb to part my hair it's going to ruin my hair. :nono:

Good luck HTH

crazydaze911

bump...i'm interested too. i have parting problems as a transitioner. i've tried 'stay soft fro' which was recommended by someone here, but it didnt quite do the job for me. i've been having some luck with conditioners in the shower, but still nothing for dry hair.

graCeful_89

I dont know but I would use my hands to part my hair :yep: im 17 weeks post now, and if I use a comb to part my hair it's going to ruin my hair. :nono:

Good luck HTH

*nods head* Very true. Either that or the comb will snap in half! lol...Oh & Saida, I see your siggy, congrats on the baby! My sister just had her boy after having 4 girls. :nono: You are both very strong women..I don't think I can even remember to water my plants :ohwell:

ladymekole

bump...i'm interested too. i have parting problems as a transitioner. i've tried 'stay soft fro' which was recommended by someone here, but it didnt quite do the job for me. i've been having some luck with conditioners in the shower, but still nothing for dry hair.

I also use stay soft fro at times. I will be relaxing, so I don't think spraying something wet on my hair will be good.

Right now my hair is a tangled mess at the roots. I just want my relaxing process to go smooth. This is the first time I have stretched for this long. I have about a good 2 inches of new growth.

luvmesumhair

I use Just For Me Detangling Shea Butter to detangle the day before. I part my hair in four sections with my fingers. Then each section I take a little of hair and put the shea butter on it and comb it out. After that section is done. I make one big plait then move on to the next. Then the next day, being that my hair is combed out, I can proceed with the perm.

In other words, be sure to comb out the day before and braid it in sections and just perm each section. HTH

Songbirdb

I use a Jilbere Shower comb to part very carefully. When I'm that far along in a stretch I spray a detangling leave in (Sunsilk Therma Shine) and mist my hair and I'm able to part my hair no prob. I section my hair into fours and detangle starting from the ends on up. I've had much sucess with this methos. I might even add a little oil to the comb teeth itself (castor oil) and this gives it a nice amount of slip. But yeah, thats how I made it thru my 4 month stretch.

Stay Sof Fro is good for moisture but its not really a good detangler, just like S curl.

InnerSoul

I use my hands... not a comb.. and I just work from section to section.... quickly as I only want to texlax not go bone straight.

Saida

*nods head* Very true. Either that or the comb will snap in half! lol...Oh & Saida, I see your siggy, congrats on the baby! My sister just had her boy after having 4 girls. :nono: You are both very strong women..I don't think I can even remember to water my plants :ohwell:

aaw thanks your too sweet :kiss:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
My stylist uses her hands and fingers to part my hair and she does it very gently.

MzOptimistic

Good luck HTH

I agree with Saida but I do use my big wide tooth comb. Only to part my hair in fours and then I might use the comb to part my hair but not little parts but if if seems like my hair is having difficulty parting. I use my hands:yep: I'm not trying to ruin my progress:nono:

atlien

I base my scalp and let it sit for an hour...then I use a comb with the thin pointy tail at the end and just gradually separate it. The basing usually softens it up a little.