Hair Loss after Long Stretch

FocusLady

So I relaxed my hair after my first stretch of six months. :grin: :yep:. I used Silk Elements with Shea Butter in Mild. Whenever I relaxer my hair I lose a lot of hair while rinsing out the relaxer.When I see it I want to cry because my hair is already thin IMO. Leading up to the relaxer this is what I do: I wash my hair three days before my relaxer and bun it up. I don't put anything in my hair. I base it with grease and apply the relaxer. I leave it for 18 mins then I rinse out; which getting the relaxer out is SUPER hard. I apply ORS Aloe Shampoo and then DC with a protein conditioner. So what you think, help me out.

Last edited:

Leesh

I'm still thinking about your situation, trying to form an opinion, but in the mean time, let me ask, do you "Neutralize" the chemical with a "Neutralizing Shampoo"?

ETA: My bad, I did'nt see the Pic, I don't think thats a lot of hair, at all, thats like normal shed for the day, No? (Have you checked them to be sure they're not Break Hairs?)

Leesh

Yes, the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo is a neutralizing shampoo.

Ok, I had no idea! It sounds like its just shed hair, especially if your not detangling well prior. So I say no need to worry, all seems to be well, or normal, at least! :yep:

That doesn't really look like a whole lot of hair. I lose that much on some wash days when I haven't detangled well in the days prior.

bluevalentine

i agree with everyone else, that doesn't seem like a lot of hair to me either. me being the type of person i am seeing any amount of hair "come out" bothers me so i understand your concern OP.