How do you get your scalp, really, really clean???

JenJen2721

I've been having issues with getting my scalp clean...I did some research and tried Ms_Kenesha method, with a spout bottle and shampoo and water mix, but the next day I was still scratching crud off my scalp. What gives?

How do I get my scalp, nice and clean?

jaibee

i do the sea breeze thing sometimes. my old stylist used to do that and if you keep doing it your scalp will be much better over time

JenJen2721

RG, I only use clarifying shampoo once a month. I would like to get my scalp clean everytime I wash.
I guess I could use clarifying shampoo on the scalp only and then wash normally with my regular shampoo.

Good ideas ladies...keep em coming!

I've heard about people using baking soda. How does this work?

JenJen2721

So how do you clean your scalp with Seabreeze? Just put some on a hand towel and wipe your scalp? do you do this before shampooing? It sounds very stimulating!

-

PrettyBrownEyes

I noticed when I use shampoos like Keracare Hydrating Detangling or Softsheen Breakthru my scalp doesn't feel that clean, so I don't use heavy moisturizing shampoos frequently.

What you may need to do is continue searching for a good moisturizing shampoo that cleans your scalp well without drying your hair out. Here are some that I like: Nexxus Botanoil, Biolage Ultra Hydrating, Motions Lavish, Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair.

Seabreeze is excellent to use prior to shampooing. What I do if I feel I need to use it which is very rare is pour some in a spray bottle and part my hair and spray it on my scalp and then massage it in with my fingers. I then proceed to rinse and shampoo and go on with my routine.

JenJen2721

PBE,
You hit the nail on the head. Breakthru shampoo is in fact my favorite shampoo, so maybe that's the culprit. Thanks for the tips and product recommendations.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
RG, I only use clarifying shampoo once a month. I would like to get my scalp clean everytime I wash.
I guess I could use clarifying shampoo on the scalp only and then wash normally with my regular shampoo.

Good ideas ladies...keep em coming!

I've heard about people using baking soda. How does this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

The baking soda does work..from what I hear.. I don't know how often you wash your hair..if you use alot of products.. I think you are suppose to clarify more often that just once a month. I clarify once a week.. But you have to find the routine that is right for you.

localhost

Here's my 2 cents...

A friend that recently got her cosmo license told me the steps to do a scalp treatment.

1. Apply cholestrol conditioner to scalp (and hair too if you want)

2. Take a brush and gently brush the scalp down to the first 2-3 inches of hair. She said boar brushes work really well. Since I don't use brushes at all, I use a small tooth comb and comb gently, working in small sections. You really want to focus on the scalp, and the feeling should be soothing, not painful.

3. Rinse cholesterol (rinsing away dandruff, buildup). Shampoo/condition OR follow up w/ a moisturizing condition, whatever you want to do. As a side note, if when you shampoo it stings a little, that means you need to be a little more gentle with your scalp. You scalp shouldn't be irritated.

4. You scalp should be clean yet conditioned.

Give this a try, I hope this helps.

divine

My mom just puts it in a squirting bottle and puts it on her scalp......

warning........
don't do what I did when I was younger and rub it down below

take about letting it burn

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
divine said:
My mom just puts it in a squirting bottle and puts it on her scalp......

warning........
don't do what I did when I was younger and rub it down below

take about letting it burn

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I had to laugh! Oh the things we do when we are young.

Thanks for the tip!

ms_kenesha

I'm sorry my method didn't work it usually works for me, but I also used to wash a lot (about twice a week) and now that I'm natural I con-wash at least every other day.

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
PBE,
You hit the nail on the head. Breakthru shampoo is in fact my favorite shampoo, so maybe that's the culprit. Thanks for the tips and product recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jen,

The Breakthru was so bad for me that I gave it away after one use. My scalp seemed coated, and my hair felt slimy.

Glad I could help!

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I like that idea about spraying the sea breeze on you scalp first and then shampooing.

Thanks PBE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure!

Ipanema

Could water pressure be an issue? I have a removable shower head that I put directly on my scalp (or very close to it) to make sure it gets clean, pushing the hair out of the way & massaging the scalp to let the water get to it. I have a hard time getting my scalp clean any other way.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I'm sorry my method didn't work it usually works for me, but I also used to wash a lot (about twice a week) and now that I'm natural I con-wash at least every other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wash 2x a week too...I guess it's the shampoo I'm using...Breakthru. I'll try a clarifying shampoo on my scalp only.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
Could water pressure be an issue? I have a removable shower head that I put directly on my scalp (or very close to it) to make sure it gets clean, pushing the hair out of the way & massaging the scalp to let the water get to it. I have a hard time getting my scalp clean any other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....I bet that feels really good!
Thanks for the tip!

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I use either Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea Shampoo

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good one too! JenJen, that one's sure to do the trick. I agree with Ipanema on the water pressure too.

Ayeshia

Re: How do you get your scalp, really, really clea

Since I dont put anything on my scalp to begin with (grease,oils) i have no prob with getting my scalp clean

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Since I dont put anything on my scalp to begin with (grease,oils) i have no prob with getting my scalp clean

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't put grease or oils on my scalp either. However, my scalp is naturally very, very oily on it's own.

Lindy

I've noticed that when I do my ACV rinses, my scalp feels like it stays clean longer (less itchies) than when I don't do the rinse.

Also, there's some stuff I have, it's called Scalpicin... it's a liquid that you're supposed to put on your scalp to combat dandruff... It's probably similar to using Seabreeze... I don't use it very often... only when my scalp is REALLY acting up, and I know I'm not gonna be washing for a few days.