How do YOU get SILKY SOFT hair???

thinkpinkprincess

I reeeaally want silky, soft, touchable hair! I think I'm on my way there :yep: I have found that using my aloe/glycerin moisture spritz has been effective in making my hair soft but not greasy... also, I just got my MT a few days ago (woohoo!!! :drunk:) and it makes my hair feel really soft!! So, what do you use to make your hair soft? Spill the beans! :grin:

ETA: um, I was joking about that comment... kinda... :lachen:
I edited it though :yep:

Last edited:

poookie

You get a pass, because you're still relatively new, but you've got to refrain from using terms like "white girl" to describe texture. Black folk have soft, silky hair, too.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them :)
Maybe someone else can help you out. :yep:

MizzBrown

You get a pass, because you're still relatively new, but you've got to refrain from using terms like "white girl" to describe texture. Black folk have soft, silky hair, too.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them :)
Maybe someone else can help you out. :yep:

LOL:lachen:Put them newbies in check!

P

Paradox

I reeeaally want silky, "white girl" soft, touchable hair! I think I'm on my way there :yep: I have found that using my aloe/glycerin moisture spritz has been effective in making my hair soft but not greasy... also, I just got my MT a few days ago (woohoo!!! :drunk:) and it makes my hair feel really soft!! So, what do you use to make your hair soft? Spill the beans! :grin:
To be honest I have no idea what causes soft hair, even when I was using grease, my hair was super soft, even if it is dry after being in braid outs it is soft.:ohwell:
I do use the honeysuckle rose conditioner and I will make an guess that my hair really likes oils..castor oil, coconut oil.

taj

Silk Amino Acids, it's a protein that can be applied directly to the hair or added to conditioner, shampoo, body lotion, mascara (for longer lashes), etc. It leaves the hair feeling silky and smooth.

MizzBrown

i use chi silk infusion and biosilk mixed together and also sebastian potion #9.

Chi silk and biosilk did that to you hair in your siggy? What else u got in your hair? Ultra perm?

It looks so good that it looks fake...that's a compliment by the way!

I use Chi silk and I love it. Potion #9 was a crunchy mess. What kind of flat iron do you use to get your hair so smooth? And how many weeks post were u in that pic?

ChelzBoo

Chi silk and biosilk did that to you hair in your siggy? What else u got in your hair? Ultra perm?

It looks so good that it looks fake...that's a compliment by the way!

I use Chi silk and I love it. Potion #9 was a crunchy mess. What kind of flat iron do you use to get your hair so smooth? And how many weeks post were u in that pic?

:lachen:@ultra perm! thank you ladies for the compliments! i do appreciate them. ive been told before that my hair looks fake:look:...:lachen: i think it just looks like how it always looks when its flat ironed. but anyways, i use the serums (the chi and biosilk mix and the sebastian potion 9) after i dc when my hair is towel dried. i use a FHI 1" and i love it. it gets my hair super straight and i also use it when i want curls and they actually stay. im so used to curls falling.
oh, in my siggy that was after my touch-up about 2 months ago.
i dont even attempt flat ironing my hair right now at 8wks post anymore.:nono:

Finewine

Deep condition for soft silky hair. :yep:

co-sign. That's all it takes for me. I have some of the coarsest hair you'll ever feel, but I just recently (2 washes, 1 relaxer) started dc'ing despite being on here for over a year (i know, shame on me:lachen:) and the difference is remarkable. I sit under a hood dryer for 10-15 minutes with the queen helene cholesterol dc w/ carrot oil. I never knew my hair could feel like this as a DIY.

lilsparkle825

i use chi silk infusion and biosilk mixed together and also sebastian potion #9.
i dont believe thats your hair. not a split end or hair out of place. :lachen:i'm j/k, i know its yours. it is loveeeely.
Rollersets.
i agree...i can DC for soft hair but DCing with heat makes it even better, especially when i use kenra mc. i did my first natural rollerset the other day and my hair is SO SOFT. all i used after the DC was sabino MB on my hair. my little bro just sat here petting me for about 15 min, talkin about "ooh your hair is currrrlyyyyy". :lachen:like he doesnt have the same hair, old *****. i used to be jealous of him when he grew his hair out...ok i'm getting OT now, but DC THEN ROLLERSET!

Tamrin

unapologetic
Salt in your DC, Aloe Vera juice and Rosewater spritz a little bit of Salem 21 sealed with a little Ramtirth Brahmi oil. Roller set or do a braid out. You get soft non oily touchable silky hair.

Last edited:

Casarela

I shouldve taken pics I just came hoem from my moms palce . I did my sisters hair who has a perm but in a serious need of a retouch. I washed her hair DC. Than I applied Salerm to her hair than rollerset. MY FIRST ROLLERSET . Let air dry for 1h30 . Than took rollers down...hair was still damp than I applied this serum that I just got today( looks bootleg but does the job thats for sure its like a heat protectant/gloss/serum). Than I blow dried her roots. Afterwards , I took my tourmaline ceramic iron and passed it once onthe end as the hair was already silky just to give the swang to her straight silky hair.

AMAZING LADIESS I SHOULDVE TAKEN PICTURE I REGRET I DIDNT !!! Im so proud of myself and excited cuz it camee out really nice! We are heading to a wedding in two weeks I will do it for me and her so I will have pics for SURE!!!

I reeeaally want silky, soft, touchable hair! I think I'm on my way there :yep: I have found that using my aloe/glycerin moisture spritz has been effective in making my hair soft but not greasy... also, I just got my MT a few days ago (woohoo!!! :drunk:) and it makes my hair feel really soft!! So, what do you use to make your hair soft? Spill the beans! :grin:

ETA: um, I was joking about that comment... kinda... :lachen:
I edited it though :yep:

~*Tigget*~

I put salt n my DC this wkend & my hair was very soft & silky.....HOWEVER I am trying to get my pre-salt moisture back...I have started to notice my hair is not stayin moisturized long enuf...could b the clarifying affects from the salt. I dnt think I will do it again...altho my hair was very soft...I'm relaxed 4b

Neith

I tried the salt (results are in my fotki if anyone here is interested)

It works for a lot of people. The vast majority in fact. Just remember NOT to use more than a teaspoon or so of salt and NOT to leave it in too long.

It did up the softness and silkiness in my hair.

Deep conditioning, nightly moisturizing and daily oiling (lightly) keeps my hair really soft.

Also... not recommending this to anyone, just sharing! Texlaxing made my hair texture VERY soft. At this point it actually gets too soft for my liking, so I put gel in it.

I really feel that it's the ORS relaxer. I've been texturized and relaxed before while having a good regimen... my hair has never been this soft before!

Tamrin

unapologetic
thanks! how much salt should one use and what are the possible detrimental effects?

I put in 1/4 of a teaspoon. It made my hair soft and shinybut I do not know the long term effects so I will not encourage you to try this every time you condition. I also rine very well.

Irresistible

I put salt n my DC this wkend & my hair was very soft & silky.....HOWEVER I am trying to get my pre-salt moisture back...I have started to notice my hair is not stayin moisturized long enuf...could b the clarifying affects from the salt. I dnt think I will do it again...altho my hair was very soft...I'm relaxed 4b

DC mixed with a good natural oil overnight mama! :yep:

then do a mild protein treatment after that

what worked for me

Aveda Brilliant/Avocado oil , left in for over 15 hours

then Redken all soft, my hair is like Butta! :yep: