Emergencee = Super silky soft hair!?

Lava27

Well it appears that almost every product/method out there reacts very oddly with my hair. In keeping with tradition (lol), I have to report my latest results with Nexxus Emergrencee....SOFT SOFT HAIR! Like DC soft hair. I washed and applied for about 20 min. I sat under a dryer till it hardened and then shampooed out. I have used Aphogee and Dudleys hard protein treatments before, so I was expecting maybe a bit softer hair than with those products.

But honestly, I felt like I didn't even need to DC!! My hair was sooo silky and soft and AMAZING feeling :blush: I was quite shocked I must say. Has anyone else felt this amazing conditioned feeling with Nexxus Emergencee? I may have to become a regular user :)

jada1111

Well it appears that almost every product/method out there reacts very oddly with my hair. In keeping with tradition (lol), I have to report my latest results with Nexxus Emergrencee....SOFT SOFT HAIR! Like DC soft hair. I washed and applied for about 20 min. I sat under a dryer till it hardened and then shampooed out. I have used Aphogee and Dudleys hard protein treatments before, so I was expecting maybe a bit softer hair than with those products.

But honestly, I felt like I didn't even need to DC!! My hair was sooo silky and soft and AMAZING feeling :blush: I was quite shocked I must say. Has anyone else felt this amazing conditioned feeling with Nexxus Emergencee? I may have to become a regular user :)

I found a bottle of this under my sink (along with a bunch of other stuff I haven't touched in years). Are you supposed to go under the dryer with it? The directions say to leave it on for 2 minutes. Oh well, as long as it works!

Hmmm, I may try this with my next wash. My hair needs something right now.

Last edited:

Lava27

I found a bottle of this under my sink (along with a bunch of other stuff I haven't touched in years). Are you supposed to go under the dryer with it? The directions say to leave it on for 2 minutes. Oh well, as long as it works!

Hmmm, I may try this with my next wash. My hair needs something right now.

Yeah the directions say to leave it on for a few minutes, but you know I had to come over here first and see what the ladies were doing:yep: I typed Emergencee users or something like that into the search box and found that many people were having success letting it harden for about 20 min under dryer. I know many don't like to stray from the directions, but I'm big on looking for alternative ways to make products most effective. 2 minutes just didn't sound long enough to me...

gymfreak336

It was probably a sign that you needed the protein and it seems like it did the job. Its a nice medium protein treatment. I love it too.

Avaya

Yes I agree! :yep: I just rinsed out my Emergencee and not only was my hair soft, but it felt like I could tie it to a truck and pull the truck down the street - very strong; not hard strong, strong, strong.

I use Joico K Pak and Emergencee together and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 15 minutes or so. I've been doing this for years.

I'm doing my deep conditioner now (Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisture) but like you said, my hair was so soft, I probably could have skipped this step but I love my PM SuperCharged so...

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
But how can it make your hair soft if it's a hardcore protein?

Also, did you use the Emergencee in the tub or in the bottle? How much did you use?

jada1111

I used this today and left it on for about 5 to 10 minutes without heat.

Followed the directions to the letter: clarifying shampoo, emergencee, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels soft and looks better than it has in awhile. I'll see how second and third day hair goes.

I'm really beginning to believe Kiehls Olive Oil Moisturizing Shampoo was the culprit making my hair dull. Never again. I'll just stick with what's been working for me.

Nonie

Also, did you use the Emergencee in the tub or in the bottle? How much did you use?

I don't consider Emergencée a hardcore protein (I don't use hardcore proteins). It's a reconstructor, meaning it has both moisturizing as well as strengthening properties. Kinda like Aubrey Organics GPB.

I didn't know Emergencée came in a tub. Is that bigger than the bottle?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
^^^ I could be wrong, but I thought I did see a tub version in one of the BSS's I went to. I have seen it in a tube and bottle, though. I *may* try this...

Lava27

Yes I agree! :yep: I just rinsed out my Emergencee and not only was my hair soft, but it felt like I could tie it to a truck and pull the truck down the street - very strong; not hard strong, strong, strong.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: lmao at that

I use Joico K Pak and Emergencee together and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 15 minutes or so. I've been doing this for years.

I'm doing my deep conditioner now (Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisture) but like you said, my hair was so soft, I probably could have skipped this step but I love my PM SuperCharged so...

Interesting combo...I have both, maybe I'll give mixing them a try next time...hmmm

Like Nonie said, it is more of a reconstructer like Aphogee 2 minute. I always thought that it was a hard protein as well because if left on long enough it will harden on your hair, but after washing my hair is NOTHING like when using the Aphogee 2 step (which is a real hard protein) or Dudleys DRC (I think that's even stronger than Aphogee, at least on my hair). But give it a try, I love it! Can't wait to do it again.