I never thought i would say this

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
my hair is TOO silky when i straighten it. It does not really stay in a ponytail, or when i rap it, and it really does not hold a curl. When i curl it with my curling iron, it stays for MAYBE 15 mins, but after that it is just falls into a bump and i really dont like to put a lot of hold spray in my hair:wallbash:

SleepyJean

my hair is TOO silky when i straighten it. It does not really stay in a ponytail, or when i rap it, and it really does not hold a curl. When i curl it with my curling iron, it stays for MAYBE 15 mins, but after that it is just falls into a bump and i really dont like to put a lot of hold spray in my hair:wallbash:

:lachen: Your hair is too silky? That is funny!

Maybe you can try rollersets? I know there are a couple of naturals that do rollersets. Other than...I don't know what else.

P.S. You and your hair look really nice in the picture! Even if it is too silky.

NOEChic

:lachen: Your hair is too silky? That is funny!

Maybe you can try rollersets? I know there are a couple of naturals that do rollersets. Other than...I don't know what else.

P.S. You and your hair look really nice in the picture! Even if it is too silky.
i dont know how to rollerwrap my hair, and when i try it with the hot rollers it is the same thing. i might have to get my hairdresser to try it:creatures

MizzBrown

I just wanna know how the hell you went from a BC to nearly SL in a year and half as i see in those pics.

What the hell did you put on your scalp? Whats was your reggie?

NOEChic

your hair is TOO silky??? can't say I have that problem... :lachen:
imma need you to give up your reggie and hair secrets!!! lol
why im natural, but i use tresseme moisture shampoo and conditioner, and their heat protectant, then i blowdry and flat iron with my solia, and my hair be silky as all out doors

NOEChic

I just wanna know how the hell you went from a BC to nearly SL in a year and half as i see in those pics.

I don't really have a regime.

i am a product junkie so i used a lot of different porducts, at first my main staples were blended beauty, then miss jessies. I did not use ANY heat until i got my hair straightened the first time in mar. I did not manipulate my hair alot, i wore it in an afro everyday. some months i would wet my hair everyday and put product in it, some months, i just washed my hair once a week lol. Sometimes i would put cornrows in my hair and let them stay for like 2 weeks, then i got braids kept them in for 2 months, then my hair was long enough to put in a ponytail. once i was able to put it in a ponytail, that is how i wore my hair everyday.

I tried pills, like biotin, amino acids, and what not, but i only used them for like 2 weeks, i got tired of taking them lol!

Also for about a yr, i was eating REALLY healthy and working out 4-5 times a week

Right now i am using tresseme, (i was using barry fletcher products for a while) and i use my whipped shea butter, like maybe 2-3 times a week, and i use the IC gel. I flat iron my hair maybe once a month, or once every two months

NOEChic

her are some texture pics, i just took them :grin:

NOEChic

sorry they are so bit, i tried to resize them, but it did not work

BostonMaria

I was thinking the same thing! Great growth! Your hair is very pretty. :grin:

Jetblackhair

Your hair is beautiful. I think part of the reason it seems so silky is because you have fine hair, which is more light & wispy (?) than coarse hair.

Irresistible

a light application of a natural oil would probably help to hold curls, also although I dont clarify the one time I did I noticed the press held the curls really well

here's a pic, but I also had a light oil and serum in it

Hosted on Fotki

Lucky's Mom

What a wonderful Problem!!!:yep: maybe rollers overnight would help.
Congrats!

bermudabeauty

OMG. I wanted to see my progress so flat ironed my hair this weekend and wore it down (which I am proud to say I haven't done in a few months.) Forget about it my hair was cute all of 20minutes and lost all it's bounce and curls before I even left the house but it was still super silky and soft. Oh well. I am going to say it is because of the heat. My hair better act better when it starts to cool off.