How do you do your HOT OIL TREATMENTS?

bludacious

I have never done a hot oil treatment!

1. What hot oil products or mixes do you use?

2. What is your regime when you do your hot oil treatment?

3. How often do you do a hot oil treatment?

4. How does the hot oil treatment affect your hair?

baglady215

Hi! :wave: This is funny... I'm doing my hot oil treatment right now! Hehe...:lol:

Today I used a Shea Butter Oil I picked up for $.99 from the hair store. In the past I've used Hot 6 Oil.

Once I rinse this out, I will shampoo and deep condition. Products are up in the air...

I try to do one weekly.

Soft, soft, soft hair. Very moisturized.

ETA: I put the oil on damp hair, wrap in a hot, wet towel, and put on a plastic cap. Sometimes I'll sit with this under the dryer or keep heating up the towel.

Last edited:

Ashee

I mix WGO with Cinnamon, Rosemary, Amla Oils (Every other wash I add Garlic & Wheatgerm Oils to the mix & apply my Cholesterol w/ Ginseng Con)

I put these in as my pre-poo & pre-relaxer & place my heating cap on!

I do this each time I wash & relax my hair.

It has added elasticity, strength, & softness back to my hair. It also helps protect me from over relaxing my hair & helps to soothe my itchy scalp!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I never did a hot oil treatment until I joined this forum...

I have a mixture of Hot Six Oil, Motions Salon Herbals Oil Sheen spray, & EVOO. The other day, I emptied the rest of my WGHO into the mixture. :grin:

I do a hot oil treatment (no heat though) every two weeks before I shampoo my hair. I leave it in my hair anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or longer!

See answer to #2

It makes my hair feel so good. It makes it really soft.

Queenie

I use my own mix of coconut & olive.

I spray it on when I am deep conditioning. Then, I sit under the hair dryer for 20-30 min. and rinse.

Once/wk

It makes it soft and shiney.

kitchen_tician

I cut and paste this from my hair-tine.

(HOT TREAT)
-Extra Virgin Olive oil
-7 wonders miracle oil or 8 Wonders Oil

(INDIAN TREAT)
-Amla Oil
-Dabur Vatika Oil
-Castor Oil

*Warm oils in dish
*Apply with applicator brush
*Massage scalp
*Wear plastic cap (time varies) 1hour - overnight
*Heat (optional)

*May be done pre or post shampoo
*I prefer post shampoo, because I tend to shed more if I apply to dry hair. I don't know why, but this is something I've recently discovered.
*These oils must be washed out or rinsed extremely well. I may also follow with a conditioner.

It varies but lately I've been doing a hot oil treatment 2x per month, since I've gotten highlights.

Hot oil treatments leave my hair feeling non-dry, non-brittle, well oiled and gives an overall healthy appearance.

brownsugarbabe

I just bought the NTM hot oil. Before then I used Kemi-Oyl mixed with EVOO.

I pre-poo with Suave Milk and Honey. I rinse it out and then apply the oil. Sometimes I sit under the dryer. I leave it in for about 5-15 minutes and rinse. I shampoo and deep conditioning after that.

Every time I wash my hair. Once a week.

Helps my ends a lot and helps with over shine and texture.

cocopuff

1. What hot oil products or mixes do you use? I like to use coconut oil or vatika oil.

2. What is your regime when you do your hot oil treatment? I warm the oil in the microwave, saturate my hair with it, put a plastic cap on my head, and sit under my conditioning cap for maybe 20 to 30 minutes.

3. How often do you do a hot oil treatment? At least once every two weeks.

4. How does the hot oil treatment affect your hair? I think it makes my hair softer and decreases the amount of tangles that I get when I wash my hair.

Victorian

old head
*I use jojoba oil or hot 6 oil--To warm the oil I put the bottle of oil into a bowl of hot water.
*I apply the warm oil to dry hair
*Put on plastic cap
*sometimes I'll do the towel thing, sometimes I'll "reheat" the oil on my head using my blowdryer, and a lot of times I don't bother with extra heat and leave the oil in my hair longer.
*shampoo out and continue on with conditioning

*I do this on my weekend wash days, so once a week unless I get lazy
*sometimes instead of a hot oil treatment I use burt's bees avocado butter treatment (good stuff :up: ), but I have to do that on damp hair.

*my hair feels healthier when I keep up with the treatments and it doesn't tangle. It's shinier too :yep:

taraglam2

bludacious said:

1. Jojoba Oil from The Vitamin Shoppe and Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Oil

2. I apply the oils to my dry hair and then add LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner, put on plastic cap and sit under warm dryer for 30 minutes to an hour. Shampoo out-- I still do my regular deep conditioner after shampooing.

3. I am going to start doing this treatment once a week. Normally I was doing a hot oil treatment once a month--Time to kick it up a notch!

4. This treatment makes my hair super soft and a nice texture! I do not even think about getting a relaxer after I do this treatment because it calms my new growth nicely.

ccd

bludacious said:

I have experimented here but I did one this week with Macadamia Nut Oil (from the gourmet market)

Have also used EVOO, honey, Vo5 shower hot oil treatment and I have used Nice and Gloss ( this is a hot treatment but it has silicones so I am not sure that qualifies as a hot oil treat) This last one I used Macadamian like I said and mixed a little but of a Honey and Almond hot oil that I bought a while back.

applied on dry hair, plastic cap and I wrapped it with a towel turban for about 1 to 2 hrs ( I meant to do it for 30 mins but I got lazy...about the hair and was cleanin up my crib)

This is only when I feel I need something different, I usually deep condition after I shampoo so I think I may alternate every other week with this one

I felt my hair (ends really) where looking dry and fragile so after I did this I think my hair feels stronger, solid and shiny. I dont have to apply extra product daily.....I think my roller set came out stronger to. the curls where nice and sleek. My ends feel protected, I wish I had done more of these during winter...but oh well....I will ,make up for it