HOT OIL TREATMENTS

taytay86

What brands of hot oil treatments do you ladies use, when do you use them, and how often?

What is the purpose of the hot oil treatment? Is it provide moisture, repair breakage etc.?

Ladies who braid: do you use hot oil while you're in braids?

I'm interested in add this to my regimen, but I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks!

discodumpling

For me a hot oil treatment is yet anither way to pamper & nurture my hair and enable my hair to accept more moisture.

I happen to have deep oiled my hair today with 1 capfull of Amla & 1 tbls of coconut oil...baggied, worked out & cleaned up around the house & got dinner going. Cowashed & now my hair is 85% dry with more coconut oil :grin:...all of this was done on a head full of natural braids.

drasgrl

I haven't done a hot oil treatment in years but I plan on starting back. When I did do them I would use jojoba oil the majority of the time. Don't know why I stopped.

lina

I think hot oil treatments adds moisture. I usually do them when my hair and/or scalp feels dryer than usual. A good time to do them would perhaps be once or twice a month or perhaps around touch-up time. This treatment could make new growth extremely soft and more manageable.

temfash

When I have braids with extensions I put some warm oil in my hair overnight cover with a shower cap and wash out and condition the next day. I do this regularly on a weekly basis I normally use Olive /soybean oil or coconut oil/ olive oil mix my hair feels moisturised after this treatment HTH.