How as Christians do we really deal with?????

Highly Favored8

Good Day all,

I am wriiting this thread b/c I want to see how Christians really deal with addictions and strong holds and how God really breaks them.

I have a friend of mine who I have been dealing with for 6 years, who is a tither, giver, who is also saved who goes to church mind you. However, she has a very powerful strong hold over her life which I call psychic addictions. I can tell you she has spend thousands of dollars been broke, busted and disgusted it is said b/c their are many people who are in this situation.

This is what I tell her:

You cannot serve God and man!
I seen websites where they charge a person $2.99 to $100.00 per min. To get some questions answered! I see all the time these people are paying to know their future!

I do not understand it then on these sites they also say that they are Christians and still charge a person these outrageous prices to know their future??? Hello out there.

We always here about people who God breaks addictions over their lives like drugs and alcohol. However, when u hear of people who have have addictions who needed to speak to psychics it is just crazy and too me I see them as obsessive/ complusive disorders.

How can a Chirstan truly over come this powerful addiction? Yes, their are scriptures that deal with calling psychics and soothsayers! However, these people always try to justify themselves???

What does my friend need to do. The Pastor has even laid hands on her! She will do good for a while and then she slips. I feel however, this is the last time she will slip. However, I have been dealing with her for 6 years my God! Have mercy on me!

Any advice will help
Be blessed:grin:

Nice & Wavy

Good Day all,

I am wriiting this thread b/c I want to see how Christians really deal with addictions and strong holds and how God really breaks them.

I have a friend of mine who I have been dealing with for 6 years, who is a tither, giver, who is also saved who goes to church mind you. However, she has a very powerful strong hold over her life which I call psychic addictions. I can tell you she has spend thousands of dollars been broke, busted and disgusted it is said b/c their are many people who are in this situation.

This is what I tell her:

I seen websites where they charge a person $2.99 to $100.00 per min. To get some questions answered! I see all the time these people are paying to know their future!

I do not understand it then on these sites they also say that they are Christians and still charge a person these outrageous prices to know their future??? Hello out there.

We always here about people who God breaks addictions over their lives like drugs and alcohol. However, when u hear of people who have have addictions who needed to speak to psychics it is just crazy and too me I see them as obsessive/ complusive disorders.

How can a Chirstan truly over come this powerful addiction? Yes, their are scriptures that deal with calling psychics and soothsayers! However, these people always try to justify themselves???

What does my friend need to do. The Pastor has even laid hands on her! She will do good for a while and then she slips. I feel however, this is the last time she will slip. However, I have been dealing with her for 6 years my God! Have mercy on me!

Any advice will help

Have mercy on you is right!

(2 Cor 10:5 KJV) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

She must cast those thoughts down and bring them to the obedience of Jesus Christ. Until she does this, she will continue in this thing and its grip will remain on her life.

Highly Favored8

Have mercy on you is right!

(2 Cor 10:5 KJV) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

She must cast those thoughts down and bring them to the obedience of Jesus Christ. Until she does this, she will continue in this thing and its grip will remain on her life.

Thank you I will contiue to help her in this I know she will overcome this! In Jesus Name!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi Angel...:grouphug2:

I'm so sorry about your friend. I know far too well that she is not in the will of God, let alone His perfect will.

*sigh* :nono: :nono: :nono:

Believe it not, this behaviour is in the Church by many who call themselves Christians. A Christian has ONE FAITH and ONE TRUST, and that is God and God alone. Instead of surrendering to God and putting their hopes and trust totally in Him, they are still trying to have 'control' rather than allowing God to have control. And yes this is what witchcraft is, a controlling spirit that tries to exhalt itsself against and above God.

This is something I realized more and more in my journey...that there is no other God than God, Himself. Period! Case Closed! There is no other God.

I greive over your friend, not just for her, but for God. For He does not deserve this. As much as He had done for us, God does not deserve this.

There are many who 'call' themselves Christians yet who are literrally 'cheating' on God. They are committing 'adultery' on Him. They have betrayed Him, they have forsaken Him and have chosen other Gods. The gods are one, which of course is satan. Yet he has many 'varieties' of serving him as god. Currently, the secret (the laws of attraction - loa) is the highlight of deception among many Christians. For they have 'dropped' God and have chosen to seek another god for their needs to be met. They have literally taken on the ways of the world to find substance and wealth and well-being, by seeking the 'universe' as their source.

They 'focus' on the 'desires' -- wants of their hearts, pulling it from the universe until it is manifested. They seek pychics, mediums, for consultations, and while calling this 'self help and self improvement, it is in truth, 'Self Destruction' for God cannot be responsible for one who chooses to obtain life outside of Him. Can you see the insult to God in this?

Sound familiar? It's all through God's word, how He would surrender those who chose other Gods to be subject to disaster. The Book of Hosea, is an excellent example. Hosea was asked by God to marry Gomer who was a prostitute and it depicted an excellent illustration of what happens when one chooses another God. Yet, God's unfailing love, goes out to search for them and to bring them home. The Prodical Son, (Luke 16) is another excellent example of when one chooses to 'leave' God, the consequences, and the renewal of life when they return home to their 'Father' God.

Ask your friend, why is she insulting God? Why? Why go to the devil when Jesus sacrificed, suffered and died to give her FULL - DIRECT access to God who has promised to withhold NO good thing from us.

The God who has given us eternal life through Him.
The God who chooses to love us, no matter how messed up we are.
The God who heals us,
The God who has given us the Holy Spirit who reveals ALL things to us in TRUTH...not a lie or misleading.
The God who chose us above the angels.
The God who made us in perfection.
The God who PERFECTS ALL THINGS that concern us.
The God who says come unto Him, all of us who labor and He will give us rest.
The God who says, He has made our enemies our footstool.
The God who reproves kings, those in any form of leadership for our sakes. He allows NO ONE to push us around.
The God who allows NO WEAPON formed against us to prosper.
The God who stands before our enemies and dares them to touch us.
The God who works ALL THINGS together for our good.
The God who says, He will rebuke the devourer for our sakes.
The God who destroys EVERY YOKE. Destroys famine and disease.
The God who will never leave us or forsake us
The God who supplies ALL of our needs.
The God who says 'we will enjoy the fruit of our labor, for it is His gift to us.
The God who heals our broken hearts and puts our tears in Golden Vials.
The God who gives us 'streams' in the desert and makes All things new.
The God who when we call upon HIM, will hear us and answer us, for we have known HIS name.....

Ask her, ask your friend, why and how dare she put THIS GOD, the ONLY GOD who loves her so much, ask her why and how dare she put Him to shame. To literally undress herself and lay up in bed with the devil and 'screw' him, up in God's face.

Ask her. I know it sounds rough, but ask her WHY? And do NOT mince words.

Ask her why be a whore for the devil, when she has been highly honored and set on high as a Child of Royalty by the love of Jesus Christ. Ask her.

And if she dares to get angry, offended, insulted, then what she deserves is what she gets for choosing to sleep with satan.

I DO NOT PLAY GAMES! :nono: If you want to see your friend delivered, it times to play it for what it is. She's messing around with fire...literrally!

She can life or death, blessings or cursings....choose life. It's her choice!

I didn't say it, God did. Anyone who may take offense to what I've written here, read for yourself in God's word. I haven't said anything here, that He hasn't already said. It's time to get real and say it like it is.

Highlyfavored...for you sweetheart :kiss: :grouphug2: I know I sound rough, but if you want your friend delivered, this is what it's going to take.

Don't back down, sweetheart...Do not backdown. :nono: For you are also 'addressing' the spirit behind this. Your friend is not 'addicted'. Let her know this. It's crucial that you do. She has 'chosen' to seek these psychics for they are giving her 'immediate' ear pleasing comments. She'll pay any price to 'hear' these words. And she has chosen to place her trust in them above God. She CHOSE!

The word 'addiction' is a CRUTCH! For it is is overused by those who do not wish to take responsibility for their 'CHOSEN' actions. They fall into the 'I can't help myself' mentality. She needs to face up to taking responsibility for her actions. And I'll tell you something. God is not going to wait for her to do so. Instead, He is going to allow her to find out on her own, just how bad her choice is and start reaping the consequences of consulting with the devil and not God. She will have a King Nebakanezer experience, in the wilderness living as an animal. She will then 'wake up' and acknowledge that God is God and there is no other.

:thatsall:

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Hi Angel...:grouphug2:

I'm so sorry about your friend. I know far too well that she is not in the will of God, let alone His perfect will.

*sigh* :nono: :nono: :nono:

Believe it not, this behaviour is in the Church by many who call themselves Christians. A Christian has ONE FAITH and ONE TRUST, and that is God and God alone. Instead of surrendering to God and putting their hopes and trust totally in Him, they are still trying to have 'control' rather than allowing God to have control. And yes this is what witchcraft is, a controlling spirit that tries to exhalt itsself against and above God.

This is something I realized more and more in my journey...that there is no other God than God, Himself. Period! Case Closed! There is no other God.

I greive over your friend, not just for her, but for God. For He does not deserve this. As much as He had done for us, God does not deserve this.

There are many who 'call' themselves Christians yet who are literrally 'cheating' on God. They are committing 'adultery' on Him. They have betrayed Him, they have forsaken Him and have chosen other Gods. The gods are one, which of course is satan. Yet he has many 'varieties' of serving him as god. Currently, the secret (the laws of attraction - loa) is the highlight of deception among many Christians. For they have 'dropped' God and have chosen to seek another god for their needs to be met. They have literally taken on the ways of the world to find substance and wealth and well-being, by seeking the 'universe' as their source.

They 'focus' on the 'desires' -- wants of their hearts, pulling it from the universe until it is manifested. They seek pychics, mediums, for consultations, and while calling this 'self help and self improvement, it is in truth, 'Self Destruction' for God cannot be responsible for one who chooses to obtain life outside of Him. Can you see the insult to God in this?

Sound familiar? It's all through God's word, how He would surrender those who chose other Gods to be subject to disaster. The Book of Hosea, is an excellent example. Hosea was asked by God to marry Gomer who was a prostitute and it depicted an excellent illustration of what happens when one chooses another God. Yet, God's unfailing love, goes out to search for them and to bring them home. The Prodical Son, (Luke 16) is another excellent example of when one chooses to 'leave' God, the consequences, and the renewal of life when they return home to their 'Father' God.

Ask your friend, why is she insulting God? Why? Why go to the devil when Jesus sacrificed, suffered and died to give her FULL - DIRECT access to God who has promised to withhold NO good thing from us.

The God who has given us eternal life through Him.
The God who chooses to love us, no matter how messed up we are.
The God who heals us,
The God who has given us the Holy Spirit who reveals ALL things to us in TRUTH...not a lie or misleading.
The God who chose us above the angels.
The God who made us in perfection.
The God who PERFECTS ALL THINGS that concern us.
The God who says come unto Him, all of us who labor and He will give us rest.
The God who says, He has made our enemies our footstool.
The God who reproves kings, those in any form of leadership for our sakes. He allows NO ONE to push us around.
The God who allows NO WEAPON formed against us to prosper.
The God who stands before our enemies and dares them to touch us.
The God who works ALL THINGS together for our good.
The God who says, He will rebuke the devourer for our sakes.
The God who destroys EVERY YOKE. Destroys famine and disease.
The God who will never leave us or forsake us
The God who supplies ALL of our needs.
The God who says 'we will enjoy the fruit of our labor, for it is His gift to us.
The God who heals our broken hearts and puts our tears in Golden Vials.
The God who gives us 'streams' in the desert and makes All things new.
The God who when we call upon HIM, will hear us and answer us, for we have known HIS name.....

Ask her, ask your friend, why and how dare she put THIS GOD, the ONLY GOD who loves her so much, ask her why and how dare she put Him to shame. To literally undress herself and lay up in bed with the devil and 'screw' him, up in God's face.

Ask her. I know it sounds rough, but ask her WHY? And do NOT mince words.

Ask her why be a whore for the devil, when she has been highly honored and set on high as a Child of Royalty by the love of Jesus Christ. Ask her.

And if she dares to get angry, offended, insulted, then what she deserves is what she gets for choosing to sleep with satan.

I DO NOT PLAY GAMES! :nono: If you want to see your friend delivered, it times to play it for what it is. She's messing around with fire...literrally!

She can life or death, blessings or cursings....choose life. It's her choice!

I didn't say it, God did. Anyone who may take offense to what I've written here, read for yourself in God's word. I haven't said anything here, that He hasn't already said. It's time to get real and say it like it is.

Highlyfavored...for you sweetheart :kiss: :grouphug2: I know I sound rough, but if you want your friend delivered, this is what it's going to take.

Don't back down, sweetheart...Do not backdown. :nono: For you are also 'addressing' the spirit behind this. Your friend is not 'addicted'. Let her know this. It's crucial that you do. She has 'chosen' to seek these psychics for they are giving her 'immediate' ear pleasing comments. She'll pay any price to 'hear' these words. And she has chosen to place her trust in them above God. She CHOSE!

The word 'addiction' is a CRUTCH! For it is is overused by those who do not wish to take responsibility for their 'CHOSEN' actions. They fall into the 'I can't help myself' mentality. She needs to face up to taking responsibility for her actions. And I'll tell you something. God is not going to wait for her to do so. Instead, He is going to allow her to find out on her own, just how bad her choice is and start reaping the consequences of consulting with the devil and not God. She will have a King Nebakanezer experience, in the wilderness living as an animal. She will then 'wake up' and acknowledge that God is God and there is no other.

:thatsall:
What you are saying is so true and I highly respect it. I will make a computer print out for her and I will continue to pray and to help her.
All of us have sinned and fall short of the glory of the Lord! However, you are so right when it comes to this! Thank U so much for your help and advice!

dreamer26

Good Day all,

This is what I tell her:

Any advice will help

I feel your pain but to be honest until she wants help there's nothing you can do but pray for her. But the time she says I want to stop this then it's time to do a lot of fasting and praying. The bible says some things come only by fasting and praying.

She will have to fast from it and fast to break her natural man down enough to allow God to come in and deliver her.

She is looking for guidance for her life but she doesn't trust God. She wants to know and that's not faith. Let her know that psyhics are getting their information from the devil and ask her does she really want the devil guiding her life.

If she would allow the Lord to heal her in this area he'll give her peace where she doens't need to know what's around the bin in her life she'll just trust God that whatever it is, it'll be alright.

Be blessed.