Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians

pebbles

Re: Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians - Should I Post Here?

Shimmie said:
Pebs, who's accountable for tainting my spinache? :lol: They're messing with my Raw Food Diet.

Bringing a smile to you, angel. Shimmie's being 'silly'.

LOL! I gotcha! :lol:

rozlips

See pebbles, I have no problem with following the rules of the forum. But frankly, I'm amazed at the blatant unfairness and bias of the rules governing this forum. You have rules protecting you from us, but we have no rules protecting us from you. You feel free to go around evangelizing all over the forum, but if we dare step foot in this forum, then somehow we've transgressed. Its an amazing double standard, and I've always had a problem with that. It seems to me if we can't say anything about your religion, then you have no right to put that religion in our faces.

Further, as for the attack on Rosie O'Donnell, you amaze me further. Christians feel no hesitancy in attacking gays and calling them all types of names because they don't live according to YOUR scripture. But when the tables are turned, somehow they've crossed the line. What's even further astonishing is that in light of your statement that you aren't responsible for others, I'm amazed that Christians feel the need to preach at others. The explanation I've always heard is that as a Christian it is your responsibility to make folks aware of their sins and lead them to Christ. Now you tell me that no, you're only responsible to yourself. That being the case, why all the preaching?

I have little doubt that this will get me banned, and frankly that's okay. I have no problem with being banned for simply speaking the truth. Only Hindus are supposed to have sacred cows.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Shimmie said:
The Hair...:lol: Do you think we should share our secrets with her? Nawwww, I'm not that nice...;)

But in answer to your question about me and OT, I made a promise to Beverly to help keep the peace in this forum. She deserves that and so much more. The OT forum has many subjects that are contraversial to my beliefs. I have to be humble enough to realize that not everyone thinks like I do.... :look:

I also have to be humble to respect the order of the House and the owner of this website, Beverly. For me to tempt opposition in the OT forum, or anywhere would be disrespectful to her Leadership here. Plus, contrary to what some may believe, I do care about the women here. All of them.

No matter how 'lovingly' or how well my intentions may be to state my replies on OT, they will always be misunderstood to cause offense.

When I speak of God, it's not to preach. I'm in love with Him and when you love someone, you talk about them...to everyone. I have to realize that I may not have expressed that in a way to easily understand. I've offended too many people with this. It was never my intention.

Also, I will never agree to certain topics. I can't when it doesn't line up with God's word. I don't need to mention them. I don't know how to 'handle' these topics and to avoid an uproar. But I can 'pray' about them instead and speak only when God prompts me to.

In the truth of the matter, God placed me here to be a blessing. He moves in our lives through prayer. That's what I'm here for. Too much of His word is in me to be wasted in verbal battles. And in prayer I can't allow myself to get pulled into constant opposition. It's a distraction both spiritually and in the natural.

Disagreements are going to occur. That's life. But I have to be humble enough to accept that only God can change others and in His time...

I'm here to love and to pray for everyone, not cause any grief. For we have enough of that in this world. I don't want to add to it. Not to anyone. I am better known to my family and friends as a Nurturer and I hope to be that here in its fullness.

Thank you for asking. I see what makes you "BerrySweet".... :kiss:

Shimmie, the way you express yourself :kiss:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

rozlips said:
See pebbles, I have no problem with following the rules of the forum. But frankly, I'm amazed at the blatant unfairness and bias of the rules governing this forum. You have rules protecting you from us, but we have no rules protecting us from you. You feel free to go around evangelizing all over the forum, but if we dare step foot in this forum, then somehow we've transgressed. Its an amazing double standard, and I've always had a problem with that. It seems to me if we can't say anything about your religion, then you have no right to put that religion in our faces.

Further, as for the attack on Rosie O'Donnell, you amaze me further. Christians feel no hesitancy in attacking gays and calling them all types of names because they don't live according to YOUR scripture. But when the tables are turned, somehow they've crossed the line. What's even further astonishing is that in light of your statement that you aren't responsible for others, I'm amazed that Christians feel the need to preach at others. The explanation I've always heard is that as a Christian it is your responsibility to make folks aware of their sins and lead them to Christ. Now you tell me that no, you're only responsible to yourself. That being the case, why all the preaching?

I have little doubt that this will get me banned, and frankly that's okay. I have no problem with being banned for simply speaking the truth. Only Hindus are supposed to have sacred cows.

I know this was directed to pebbles, but this statement is a lie. ANYONE can come into this forum, but directly attacking Christians is not allowed. If the above bolded were the case, Umsummayah (sp?) and other non-Christians would've been reprimanded a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

rozlips

BBS, I think its clear what I meant. And I did not directly attack anyone in this forum. But again, the double standard exists. Christians are allowed to attack and evangelize all over the other forums, but if we come to this forum we have to tow the company line. I'm amazed that you don't see the double standard in that.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

rozlips said:

Roz, don't be angry anymore. It's only a forum. There's so much more in your life to be thankful for.

In spite of where we disagree, let's celebrate what we know about you.

The success of your book, last I heard #69 :yay:

You've always had the gift to bring others to your writings, asking you for more. And now you are published for all the world to see. You have a 'captive audience' and more stories being birthed from within you to come.

Your wonderful family. You have a living treasure that so many women only wish they had. A husband...a family. Surrounded each day with love.

If I remember correctly, you are quite skilled in 'Kissing 101." ;) Is it any wonder you have so much passion that you so easily put into writing.

These are only a few of the things about you that I've read, and I admire them. In spite of every difference and disagreement, I admire who you are.

Always remember this, no matter what you think of me or others as Christians or otherwise. For even in our 'faults' which are many, there is still good in us that sees the good in you. ;)

For every offense I caused you, I sincerely apologize. Believe that it was never my intent.

rozlips

Shimmie, I'm not angry. Rarely does anything on a message board anger me. I think more than anything, I'm disappointed. For me, this forum was a breath of fresh air after being on another forum that was blatantly ruled by the 'soul patrol' who believed firmly that unless you were 'black like them' you were a second-class citizen. Those type double standards annoy and disappoint me. I hate to see them anywhere, but in particular, I hate to see them here. So, no, I'm not angry. I'm much too happy and joyful to be angry, but yes, I am sorely disappointed.

Amina

rozlips said:
You know what I think is funny? Anytime someone talks about the misdeeds of Christians, folks counter that those aren't 'true Christians.' But, I never see any of those 'true Christians' stand up against these 'false Christians.' For instance, where's your thread and righteous indignation against godhatesfags.com? Surely y'all have organized counter-demonstrations when they've protested the funerals of soldiers. Interestingly enough, I never see any 'true Christians' doing any of that. They're as silent as the 'true Muslims.' I guess jihadists of both religions have cut your tongues out. Oh, but y'all certainly holler if anyone says anything negative about either religion. Where's the hue and cry when so-called Christians are attacking others?

Just because you don't see doesn't mean it isn't being done. I have joined several groups along side of my Christian friends that protest against terrorism, stoning, honor killings, violence, etc. just to name a few...we hold marches, rallies, donate money, etc. We contacted the local news station several time but never gotten air time...The university I attend ran a small snippet which resulted in the writer putting in her two cents and it came across wrong.

Besides really who wants to see a whole bunch of peaceful Christians and Muslims doing right when they can show Muslims doing violence, chopping off heads, etc.

rozlips

Well Amina, all I can say is that I applaud your efforts. But, I've seen countless Muslims on C-Span imploring moderate Muslims to speak up against the desecration of their religion by radicals. Of course, I can't really say specifically what's going on in a community of which I'm not a part, but I've seen a lot of Muslims saying that the community is being silent. But, at least you are claiming responsibility to do something about the situation. It seems that the Christians have gone the way of Pontius Pilate.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

rozlips said:
BBS, I think its clear what I meant. And I did not directly attack anyone in this forum. But again, the double standard exists. Christians are allowed to attack and evangelize all over the other forums, but if we come to this forum we have to tow the company line. I'm amazed that you don't see the double standard in that.

I didn't say you attacked anyone, I was stating the point of this particular forum. No, I don't see the double standard anywhere. On this board, attacking ANYONE in regards to anything is unacceptable on this forum.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Amina said:
Just because you don't see doesn't mean it isn't being done. I have joined several groups along side of my Christian friends that protest against terrorism, stoning, honor killings, violence, etc. just to name a few...we hold marches, rallies, donate money, etc. We contacted the local news station several time but never gotten air time...The university I attend ran a small snippet which resulted in the writer putting in her two cents and it came across wrong.

Besides really who wants to see a whole bunch of peaceful Christians and Muslims doing right when they can show Muslims doing violence, chopping off heads, etc.

Amina, I was going to mention this, but it seemed that since roz didn't see things happening with her own eyes, then it was nonexistent.

Shimmie

Staff member

rozlips said:
Shimmie, I'm not angry. Rarely does anything on a message board anger me. I think more than anything, I'm disappointed. For me, this forum was a breath of fresh air after being on another forum that was blatantly ruled by the 'soul patrol' who believed firmly that unless you were 'black like them' you were a second-class citizen. Those type double standards annoy and disappoint me. I hate to see them anywhere, but in particular, I hate to see them here. So, no, I'm not angry. I'm much too happy and joyful to be angry, but yes, I am sorely disappointed.

I'd rather celebrate who you are. We all have disappointments. It's just life, in and out of this forum. This is something that I totally had to get a handle to.

You may laugh at this (I hope so ;) ), but when I first came here, it was of course the 'hair' care that drew me in. Well, everyone gets along on the 'Hair Side'...no one disagrees. We joke and get a few "Are you kidding me"... posts. But there's never any dissention.

Well I thought everyone was 'just like me' :look: all over. But that's because it's like that at home. Here, I never meant to step on anyone's toes with my faith. And Roz, I've learned that we all have a strong belief on what we individually believe. And we all try to defend it when we 'feel' its been under scrutiny or attack. It's just life, that's all. It's just life.

Whatever I can celebrate about you, I will. I don't care anymore about the 'difference' so much as I care about the individual. For it's you who really matters.

Roz, I'm sorry about the godhatesfags.com issue. Many of us never knew of its existance. I sure did not. This person doesn't represent us anymore than it represents you. Personally, I would be happy to write and make calls to show my disapproval of this person's mission and I have other family and friends who would agree. We're not haters.

There may be an issue that we don't agree to, but we are not haters. I know it may not come accross as such in forum text when speaking against a topic, but truly we are not haters.

I wish you only the best. And I am one of your biggest cheerleaders in having your book published. For you may not know this, but you have encouraged me to put all of my years of journals into a book as well. In spite of all the excitement, I've been a fan of yours all along.

Be strong and well Roz, Don't back down, for you have more success abounding towards your direction. ;)

Loving blessings,

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Amina said:

You hit the nail on the head with this one. In the news media coverage their motto to press is "If it 'Bleeds', it 'Leads." (in the news, that is :(). The focus is always on the negative.

Amina

rozlips said:
Well Amina, all I can say is that I applaud your efforts. But, I've seen countless Muslims on C-Span imploring moderate Muslims to speak up against the desecration of their religion by radicals. Of course, I can't really say specifically what's going on in a community of which I'm not a part, but I've seen a lot of Muslims saying that the community is being silent. But, at least you are claiming responsibility to do something about the situation. It seems that the Christians have gone the way of Pontius Pilate.

Yes you are right however, what you don't see or hear about is the countless FBI raids...not to long ago one of the guys in the Muslim community I live in had three of his stores raided while he was away attending a wedding in Australia. The FBI said that suspicious activities were going on (this was done after the Muslim guy led a protest against terrorism and the war in Iraq).

And let's not talk about the countless FBI agents pretending to be Muslims and attending the Masjid. There are a lot of Muslims that are afraid to speak up for fear they might be targeted as a terrorist. I don't blame them either.

For me and others that protest, many have nothing to lose (except their lives).

And as for Christians...as I say I have many friends who are Christians that protests (this is where I say don't blame all when it is only a few who go, as you say, "the way of Pontius Pilate")

rozlips

The FBI is raiding folks who speak up AGAINST terrorism? Or just Muslims in general? I did know about the searches on Muslims and have written several letters to my Congressman about that as well as racial/ethnic profiling as regards to Muslims. I think the ACLU has an ongoing suit against the government on this issue, but I might have them mixed up with another organization I belong to. But I hadn't heard of the FBI specifically targeting Muslims who speak out against terrorism.

Amina said:
Yes you are right however, what you don't see or hear about is the countless FBI raids...not to long ago one of the guys in the Muslim community I live in had three of his stores raided while he was away attending a wedding in Australia. The FBI said that suspicious activities were going on (this was done after the Muslim guy led a protest against terrorism and the war in Iraq).

And let's not talk about the countless FBI agents pretending to be Muslims and attending the Masjid. There are a lot of Muslims that are afraid to speak up for fear they might be targeted as a terrorist. I don't blame them either.

For me and others that protest, many have nothing to lose (except their lives).

And as for Christians...as I say I have many friends who are Christians that protests (this is where I say don't blame all when it is only a few who go, as you say, "the way of Pontius Pilate")

B

Bublnbrnsuga

JCoily said:
Because it's a pissing contest that has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell, The View or anything else it's supposed to be about.

If it's what you stated, why bother posting?

Shimmie

Staff member
Bublnbrnsuga said:

:kiss: It's okay Angel. This is just one of those topics and I didn't expect it to be upsetting, just informative. But....here are some smiles for you.

First: Bubln, I love your hair.

Second: AND you haven't called me lately? Hmmmm? Pick up that phone and dial, woman! :lol: . I have to tell you about my new classes.

Third: Bubln, we have 32 students who signed up for our Fall semester at the Community Center. God is so awesome. Word has gotten around about our last session and now more and more are signing up for our Dance classes. I'm dancing my hips off teaching them, but it's so worth it. I'll have to share more about this with you and give you 'free' lessons. :yay:

Hey, girl....Are you smilng yet? ;) If not then,

Fourth: I have a beautiful new costume. It's a gown and it's gorgeous.

Fifth: The gown fits... :lol: (You know I have 'hips'... ;))

You better be smiling now... :look:

Sixth: I wore my hair in curls at my friends wedding. The wedding we prayed for. I was 'cute'... ;)

Are you still smiling?

Seventh: "I love you, angel."

Now that calls for a great big grin... :D

"Bubln", Thanks for your care and support. :kiss:

mkh_77

Bublnbrnsuga said:
On this board, attacking ANYONE in regards to anything is unacceptable on this forum.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
. . . but it seemed that since roz didn't see things happening with her own eyes, then it was nonexistent.

Bublnbrnsuga said:

Oh! The hypocrisy of it all!

Melaninme

Shimmie said:
Pebs, who's accountable for tainting my spinache? :lol: They're messing with my Raw Food Diet.

Bringing a smile to you, angel. Shimmie's being 'silly'.

But what you shared truly hits the mark. Afterall, it was Cain who after killing his brother Abel, who originated the infamous cliche', "Am I my brother's keeper."

With this comment, Cain was actually breaking 'bad' with God. For God asked him, "Where is your brother, Abel? For his blood cries out to me from the ground."

That's powerful! "...for his blood cries out to me from the ground."

My Lord! Even the blood speaks. Don't make me go 'there'. But I have to, for it is the 'Blood of Jesus' that speaks on behalf of each of us, for God to have mercy upon us.

His Mercy Prevails over all. There's a worship song, "Mercy Said No" (I will never let you go..."). And that's how God feels about each of us. His Mercy says 'No', I will never let you go. I love you each far too much for the enemy to make a show of your lives. My mercy says 'No'... I will never let you go..."

God loves Rosie O'Donnell. I may not like her, but God loves her. And she needs our prayers to know Jesus for all that she is to Him and for all that He is to her. Mercy says 'No', He will not let Rosie go...Neither will we.

To Shimmie and Pebbles:

Ladies, continue to allow God to use you.

I love reading your responses.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Asha97 said:
To Shimmie and Pebbles:

They are blessings, aren't they?

mkh_77

JCoily and Rozlips, I just want to let you two know that I truly appreciate the alternative views you have provided in this thread. Continue to allow God (Goddess in Roz's case) to use you. I think you two are blessings!

Shimmie

Staff member

Originally Posted by Asha97
To Shimmie and Pebbles:

Bublnbrnsuga said:
They are blessings, aren't they?

Asha97 and Bublnbrnsuga, you both have that wonderful, beautiful 'Glow'. Come what may, we know our Redeemer who lives on the inside of us. And it is He who shines in spite of whatever darkness there is.

Amina, you have a wonderful Glow about you. Your personal faith takes you beyond who a person is; for you see them through your heart. It's your heart that takes you beyond the 'difference' to be a faithful friend, no matter who they are. Instead of the difference in our faith, I see you. ;)

I started a new thread, I wish all who read it, a special blessing. For it's our faith in God that keeps us strong.

Peace to all, ;)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=100495

firecracker

mkh_77 said:
JCoily and Rozlips, I just want to let you two know that I truly appreciate the alternative views you have provided in this thread. Continue to allow God (Goddess in Roz's case) to use you. I think you two are blessings!

That is true and I think Shimmer is too. Its great to have open respectful dialogue even if we don't always agree. :)

BerrySweet

rozlips said:

Well if you get banned, what board are you gonna be on next so I can find you lol?