Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians

purplemom

Re: Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians - Should I Post Here?

rozlips said:
Google 'president bush armageddon.' There are quite a few articles. My personal favorite is from the Village Voice.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0420,perlstein,53582,1.html

Thank for the article, but it sounds just as much of a conspiricay theory as those who think that the US Government or the Jews had something to do with 9/11.:look: People write he said/ she said all the time. One thing about the internet is that you can basically put up whatever your want, and if people are inclined to your persuasion they will believe you. Even if there are few or no actual facts to back up what they say. Kind of like the preachers who just quote a single verse of scripture and say "you must believe this." But they ignore the rest of scripture or even how that scripture was applied historically down through the centuries. I would prefer a primary source.

But, this thread is about Rosie. 700 years ago she would have a point. Today though, I'll agree with her statement when I see a masked nun on EWTN about to cut somebody's head off.

Sweet C

lauren450 said:
Then what is the purpose of this thread?

To disclose media information to other Christians who might not be aware of whats going on. Asking ABC to issue a public policy for those remarks is not protesting against ABC. Boycotting ABC programming would be another matter all together.

Sweet C

rozlips said:
I never said that the Bible instructs Christians to protest against anyone. I said that the Bible says that you are your brother's keeper and that you are to love your neighbor as you do yourself. How can you do either of those things without being responsible for them?

But you did insinuate that by this statement: Apparently other 'true Christians' are on some type of lockdown because none ever show up to protest against him.

Yes, the scripture does say you are your brother's keeper, but it also says that you will know your brothers and sisters by their fruit. Not by their confessions or claims of being a Christian, but what they demonstrate. If they don't demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, then you do not regard them as a brother or sister.

Southernbella.

Sweet C said:
Yes, the scripture does say you are your brother's keeper, but it also says that you will know your brothers and sisters by their fruit. Not by their confessions or claims of being a Christian, but what they demonstrate. If they don't demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, then you do not regard them as a brother or sister.

Right. That's the thing. There have been a few people on this forum who have clearly not demonstrated the fruit of the Spirit at some point or another, but they obviously consider themselves true Christians.

So who's right?

Southernbella.

Asking ABC to issue a public policy for those remarks is not protesting against ABC.

pro·test

v. intr.

1. To express strong objection.
2. A formal declaration of disapproval or objection issued by a concerned person, group, or organization.
3. An individual or collective gesture or display of disapproval.

I think it does qualify.

BerrySweet

purplemom said:
Thank for the article, but it sounds just as much of a conspiricay theory as those who think that the US Government or the Jews had something to do with 9/11.:look: People write he said/ she said all the time. One thing about the internet is that you can basically put up whatever your want, and if people are inclined to your persuasion they will believe you. Even if there are few or no actual facts to back up what they say. Kind of like the preachers who just quote a single verse of scripture and say "you must believe this." But they ignore the rest of scripture or even how that scripture was applied historically down through the centuries. I would prefer a primary source.

But, this thread is about Rosie. 700 years ago she would have a point. Today though, I'll agree with her statement when I see a masked nun on EWTN about to cut somebody's head off.

So just to clarify, do you not believe Christians do such tings, or you won't believe it until you see it on tv?

What do you this about this?

May 4, 2001
I know it's old, but it does serve its purpose in this case.
Web posted at: 4:48 PM EDT (2048 GMT)

BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Two Rwandan nuns on trial for alleged complicity in the murder of thousands of Tutsis in the genocide that swept through their country told a court they were innocent bystanders.

Sister Gertrude and Sister Maria Kizito told the landmark trial in Brussels on Friday that they were powerless to protect the thousands of Tutsis attempting to take shelter at their convent in the southern city of Butare in Rwanda in April 1994.

Sister Gertrude, the mother superior at the convent, said: "I never wanted anybody to die.

"I suffered with the people. I am not a racist."

The Roman Catholic Benedictine nuns are among four Rwandans charged with multiple homicide and premeditated murder.
The jury is hearing evidence on whether the two nuns collaborated with the Hutu mob which killed 7,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus under a 1993 law which allows Belgian courts to judge people accused of war crimes abroad.

Prosecutors say that Sister Gertrude pleaded with local authorities to kick the refugees out of the convent grounds, even though she knew that would mean they would all be killed.

The victims were murdered by soldiers and militiamen who used machetes, guns, and grenades.

The two women belong to Rwanda's majority Hutu tribe.

Sister Maria Kizito is accused of supplying petrol to the militia as it prepared to burn down the convent's garage, where about 600 Tutsis were seeking safety.

She rejected all racial descriptions.

"I am not a Hutu, I am not Tutsi, I am a child of God."

Sister Gertrude said: "People were being killed before my eyes.

"I wanted to help but I couldn't. I was frozen."

The other defendants are university professor Vincent Ntezimana and businessmen Alphonse Higaniro who both fled to Belgium, a former colonial power, after the genocide.

All four face life sentences, if found guilty. They deny the charges.

The trial, which began on April 16, is scheduled to run until at least the end of May.

It wasn't on tv though.

MzPrince said:
That show will meet it's demise in due time.

I hope it goes down too, I hate it. But back to the original topic.

Last edited:

BerrySweet

beverly said:
Rozlips as of late, Shimmie has decided not to post in the OT forum any longer, so the particular comment in regards to what she has posted over there in the past in no longer relavant. This particular forum is a fellowship forum, for those who wish to fellowship on the word of Jesus Christ. It is against the forum rules if you or anyone else decides to post hostile comments on this particular forum. Please review the sticky thread on at in this forum on what is and is not allowed here.

Thank you very much for your adherance to this policy and have a great day !

Beverly, LHCF Admin
Why Shimmie?????? I love your posts!

purplemom

So just to clarify, do you not believe Christians do such tings, or you won't believe it until you see it on tv?

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is that Christians and Muslims have used the sword in the past centuries as a means of converting people to their religion. That is why I said 700 years ago she would have had a point.
Nowadays , "radical Christians" are not shoving swords in peoples throats saying "convert or die". Or putting people on trial with the possibility of death for leaving Christianity.

HTH

BerrySweet

No, I think I understand you very now that you clarified position. But you see, many Christians do things just like that "in the name of Christ." Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Wasn't what I showed you good enough evidence?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
lauren450 said:
pro·test

v. intr.

2. A formal declaration of disapproval or objection issued by a concerned person, group, or organization.

I think it does qualify.

It's not for me to advise anyone to how to react to this information. That was never my point for posting.

As one of our members shared, I was simply sharing information. I was also reacting to Rosie's comments by posting it here, to 'hear' honest feedback from others from a Christian perspective. For I do not feel Rosies comments are justified.

When I copied and pasted the comments, I purposely left off the "Take Action" directive from the website. As it was not my intention to promote such.

However, I didn't pay attention to the very last sentence that I posted until a few moments ago reading through this thead. This gives the impression of a request from me to protest. It is not, neither was it meant as a suggestion. I sincerely apologize for the misunderstandings caused by it.

Personally, my family and I are choosing not to 'protest', but rather to pray for Rosie O'Donnell, because a greater testimony will come of this to see this woman's life given to the Lord.

Again, I apologize for my oversight with the last sentence of the article. I also apologize for this thread offending anyone. That was never my intention.

BerrySweet

Shimmie said:
Which ones... :lol:
All of them! And I think we know that you didn't post this to cause contreversy, but I think some people here are not cognizant of how a radical Christian and a radical Muslim can be one in the same because of the ignorance and hate they spread. Praying for Roise (because she needs help on many levels lol-lets start with the hair) is a good solution.

purplemom

BerrySweet said:
No, I think I understand you very now that you clarified position. But you see, many Christians do things just like that "in the name of Christ." Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Wasn't what I showed you good enough evidence?

The article you posted had nuns who were killing people because of the POLITICAL issues in their country. Just because they happen to be nuns does not mean that they were doing what they did for the cause of religion.

Southernbella.

Again, I apologize for my oversight with the last sentence of the article. I also apologize for this thread offending anyone. That was never my intention.

No need to apologize. It was just a misunderstanding. I thought you were advising people to do something, but you didn't type the words. FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with protesting if you believe in something, I was just making a point in response to another post.

UmSumayyah

rozlips said:
You know what I think is funny? Anytime someone talks about the misdeeds of Christians, folks counter that those aren't 'true Christians.' But, I never see any of those 'true Christians' stand up against these 'false Christians.' For instance, where's your thread and righteous indignation against godhatesfags.com? Surely y'all have organized counter-demonstrations when they've protested the funerals of soldiers. Interestingly enough, I never see any 'true Christians' doing any of that. They're as silent as the 'true Muslims.' I guess jihadists of both religions have cut your tongues out. Oh, but y'all certainly holler if anyone says anything negative about either religion. Where's the hue and cry when so-called Christians are attacking others?

Actually I see muslims protesting till they're blue in the face about terrorism, hate crimes in the name of islam, etc. They write letters to the editors of newspapers and tv news shows, hold information seminars and open houses at masjids, etc. I know of at least one masjid who has a "we condemn terrorism" link on their website.
Not as exciting (and so not as newsworthy to some) as someone trying to blow something up, but it does happen. Alot.

Shimmie

Staff member
lauren450 said:
No need to apologize. It was just a misunderstanding. I thought you were advising people to do something, but you didn't type the words. FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with protesting if you believe in something, I was just making a point in response to another post.

Thanks Lauren. I understand your post as well.

Question: What does FWIW mean? :lol: Okay, I drew a blank here...:lol: Please clue me in...;)

Shimmie

Staff member
BerrySweet said:
All of them! And I think we know that you didn't post this to cause contreversy, but I think some people here are not cognizant of how a radical Christian and a radical Muslim can be one in the same because of the ignorance and hate they spread. Praying for Roise (because she needs help on many levels lol-lets start with the hair) is a good solution.

The Hair...:lol: Do you think we should share our secrets with her? Nawwww, I'm not that nice...;)

But in answer to your question about me and OT, I made a promise to Beverly to help keep the peace in this forum. She deserves that and so much more. The OT forum has many subjects that are contraversial to my beliefs. I have to be humble enough to realize that not everyone thinks like I do.... :look:

I also have to be humble to respect the order of the House and the owner of this website, Beverly. For me to tempt opposition in the OT forum, or anywhere would be disrespectful to her Leadership here. Plus, contrary to what some may believe, I do care about the women here. All of them.

No matter how 'lovingly' or how well my intentions may be to state my replies on OT, they will always be misunderstood to cause offense.

When I speak of God, it's not to preach. I'm in love with Him and when you love someone, you talk about them...to everyone. I have to realize that I may not have expressed that in a way to easily understand. I've offended too many people with this. It was never my intention.

Also, I will never agree to certain topics. I can't when it doesn't line up with God's word. I don't need to mention them. I don't know how to 'handle' these topics and to avoid an uproar. But I can 'pray' about them instead and speak only when God prompts me to.

In the truth of the matter, God placed me here to be a blessing. He moves in our lives through prayer. That's what I'm here for. Too much of His word is in me to be wasted in verbal battles. And in prayer I can't allow myself to get pulled into constant opposition. It's a distraction both spiritually and in the natural.

Disagreements are going to occur. That's life. But I have to be humble enough to accept that only God can change others and in His time...

I'm here to love and to pray for everyone, not cause any grief. For we have enough of that in this world. I don't want to add to it. Not to anyone. I am better known to my family and friends as a Nurturer and I hope to be that here in its fullness.

Thank you for asking. I see what makes you "BerrySweet".... :kiss:

Sweet C

lauren450 said:
Right. That's the thing. There have been a few people on this forum who have clearly not demonstrated the fruit of the Spirit at some point or another, but they obviously consider themselves true Christians.

So who's right?

But were they corrected in the spirit of meekness and when corrected, did the repent of their actions is the question? We all know we sin and come short of the glory of God. Just b/c someone sins does not make them not a believer, b/c we all have sinned. And we know that even when you correct someone, sometimes people don't fully understand at that time and that is why we have to be lead by the logos and the rhema Word of God. If someone has clearly demonstrated that they understand they are in sin, and they choose not to correct themselves, then the scripture says not to fellowship with them and to treat them as an unbeliever.

Sweet C

lauren450 said:
pro·test

v. intr.

I think it does qualify.

I was taking protest to mean picket signs, etc. But to get at your point, as a believer, we are to love what God loves, and hate what he hates.

I guess to really have a strong opinion as to Rosie's remarks, Me personally, I would need to understand what she means by "radical Christianity" b/c in my opinion there is no such thing. There are sheep and goats or wheat and tares according to the scripture. The goats and tares are not Christs, while the sheep and wheat are, though both claim to be.

pebbles

rozlips said:
But see pebbles, y'all have no problem bringing your Chrisitanity forum proselytizing outside this forum. Indeed, the original poster of this thread is a regular evangelist all over the other topics forum. So perhaps y'all need to practice what you preach.

As for not being responsible for other Christians, hmmm, that's very interesting. Must be a different Bible. So how many times have you protested against Christians attacking others? I'm not asking you about all Christians, just some.

See, this is the same argument proponents of the Confederate battle flag use. They're not responsible for the hate groups using it to perpetuate hate. But they haven't taken any steps to stop it, either. If this is your religion which you claim to love so dearly, how can you stand idly by while others defile it? Most peculiar.

First, it's important to understand that for many of us, it's difficult to separate our beliefs with everyday life, since to us, they both go hand in hand. It's nothing for people to be upset about, it just is that way. As to my "Christianity forum proselytizing," if you review my posts, rarely will you find that I bring too much of my beliefs onto the OT forum. I do understand that there are members here who do not share my religious views, so as I have always done, I try to stay clear of many of the discussions if it's going to cause me to get too preachy. But, it's on! in this forum. :lol:

Secondly, my bible isn't different from anyone elses. It's the same. The word of God clearly states that each person is personally accountable for their actions. Here's some scripture to support my statement.

Ezekiel 18:20 - The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. A father and son are each responsible for his own wickedness or righteousness. [1 John 3:4]

Matthew 7:21-28 - For everyone (individual), not just one who confesses Jesus will enter the kingdom, but he who does (individual) the will of the Father. Whether or not a person's spiritual house stands or falls is determined by who hears and does (or does not do) what Jesus teaches. This is true for "whoever" (v24) or "everyone" (v36).

James 1:23-25 - If anyone (individual) hears God's word and does not do it, he is like a man (individual) who observes himself (individual) in a mirror but then forgets what he saw. But he who (individual) looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues doing the work, this one (individual) will be blessed in what he does (individual). Note that the one who is blessed is the same one who continued doing what he saw in the word.

2 Corinthians 5:10 - At judgment each one (individual) will receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done (individual), whether good or bad. The one being judged will be rewarded according to what he did, not what someone else did. This applies to "all."

Romans 14:12 - Each of us (individual) shall give account of himself (individual) to God. No one else - only you - will be judged for what you did.

Romans 2:6-10 - God will render to each one (individual) according to his deeds (individual - v6). Tribulation and anguish on every soul of man who does evil (individual - v9), but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good (individual - v10).

Galatians 6:7,8 - Whatever a man sows (individual) that he will also reap (individual). He who sows to the flesh (individual) will reap corruption. He who sows to the spirit (individual) will reap everlasting life. What you personally reap will be determined by how you personally lived.

The book is clear about individual responsibility and accountability. I can only answer to God for myself. No one else. :)

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

pebbles said:
First, it's important to understand that for many of us, it's difficult to separate our beliefs with everyday life, since to us, they both go hand in hand. It's nothing for people to be upset about, it just is that way. As to my "Christianity forum proselytizing," if you review my posts, rarely will you find that I bring too much of my beliefs onto the OT forum. I do understand that there are members here who do not share my religious views, so as I have always done, I try to stay clear of many of the discussions if it's going to cause me too get to preachy. But, it's on! in this forum. :lol:

Secondly, my bible isn't different from anyone elses. It's the same. The word of God clearly states that each person is personally accountable for their actions. Here's some scripture to support my statement.

Ezekiel 18:20 - The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. A father and son are each responsible for his own wickedness or righteousness. [1 John 3:4]

Matthew 7:21-28 - For everyone (individual), not just one who confesses Jesus will enter the kingdom, but he who does (individual) the will of the Father. Whether or not a person's spiritual house stands or falls is determined by who hears and does (or does not do) what Jesus teaches. This is true for "whoever" (v24) or "everyone" (v36).

James 1:23-25 - If anyone (individual) hears God's word and does not do it, he is like a man (individual) who observes himself (individual) in a mirror but then forgets what he saw. But he who (individual) looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues doing the work, this one (individual) will be blessed in what he does (individual). Note that the one who is blessed is the same one who continued doing what he saw in the word.

2 Corinthians 5:10 - At judgment each one (individual) will receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done (individual), whether good or bad. The one being judged will be rewarded according to what he did, not what someone else did. This applies to "all."

Romans 14:12 - Each of us (individual) shall give account of himself (individual) to God. No one else - only you - will be judged for what you did.

Romans 2:6-10 - God will render to each one (individual) according to his deeds (individual - v6). Tribulation and anguish on every soul of man who does evil (individual - v9), but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good (individual - v10).

Galatians 6:7,8 - Whatever a man sows (individual) that he will also reap (individual). He who sows to the flesh (individual) will reap corruption. He who sows to the spirit (individual) will reap everlasting life. What you personally reap will be determined by how you personally lived.

The book is clear about individual responsibility and accountability. I can only answer to God for myself. No one else. :)

Pebs, who's accountable for tainting my spinache? :lol: They're messing with my Raw Food Diet.

Bringing a smile to you, angel. Shimmie's being 'silly'.

But what you shared truly hits the mark. Afterall, it was Cain who after killing his brother Abel, who originated the infamous cliche', "Am I my brother's keeper."

With this comment, Cain was actually breaking 'bad' with God. For God asked him, "Where is your brother, Abel? For his blood cries out to me from the ground."

That's powerful! "...for his blood cries out to me from the ground."

My Lord! Even the blood speaks. Don't make me go 'there'. But I have to, for it is the 'Blood of Jesus' that speaks on behalf of each of us, for God to have mercy upon us.

His Mercy Prevails over all. There's a worship song, "Mercy Said No" (I will never let you go..."). And that's how God feels about each of us. His Mercy says 'No', I will never let you go. I love you each far too much for the enemy to make a show of your lives. My mercy says 'No'... I will never let you go..."

God loves Rosie O'Donnell. I may not like her, but God loves her. And she needs our prayers to know Jesus for all that she is to Him and for all that He is to her. Mercy says 'No', He will not let Rosie go...Neither will we.

firecracker

BerrySweet said:
I don't feel it's my place to say who is and who isn't a Christian. Go dhas a plan for all of us, and he doesn't share them me. I know that I'm a Christian, but who am I to tell someone that they aren't? Maybe they are, maybe they think they are. But the heart of the matter here is people trying to bring ruin upon each other, and out worlds under the guise of religion (be it Christianity or Islam). In that issue, it is the same.[/quote]

Yeah what she said! :) :)

firecracker

pebbles said:
No, we can't. I don't know how people would expect one person to be accountable for a bunch of people they don't know. I can't control every Christian there is. Surely you know that.

Righto!

At any rate, my point is that I don't want to see the usual drama from the OT board played out here. This is the Christianity forum, and non-Christians may not like what they see. Speak your mind, make your point, but please be civil and non-combative.

An vise versa for the radical Christians when lurking and posting in off topic. If you don't like the content and cannot respect the rules GET OUT THE OFFENDING THREADS. Oh :look: me included. I felt so freed from my release this mawn'in.

firecracker

BerrySweet said:
That was very beautifully put, and thank you so much!

I feel like smackin ya for this:lachen: J/K.

Rosie sucks like a Hoover! :lachen: Die View Die!!! Major error hiring that idiot misguided hatemonger!!

pebbles

firecracker said:
An vise versa for the radical Christians when lurking and posting in off topic. If you don't like the content and cannot respect the rules GET OUT THE OFFENDING THREADS. Oh :look: me included. I felt so freed from my release this mawn'in.

That's already been taken care of.