Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians

pebbles

Re: Rosie O'Donnell's Attack on Christians - Should I Post Here?

rozlips said:
See pebbles, I have no problem with following the rules of the forum. But frankly, I'm amazed at the blatant unfairness and bias of the rules governing this forum. You have rules protecting you from us, but we have no rules protecting us from you. You feel free to go around evangelizing all over the forum, but if we dare step foot in this forum, then somehow we've transgressed. Its an amazing double standard, and I've always had a problem with that. It seems to me if we can't say anything about your religion, then you have no right to put that religion in our faces.

Further, as for the attack on Rosie O'Donnell, you amaze me further. Christians feel no hesitancy in attacking gays and calling them all types of names because they don't live according to YOUR scripture. But when the tables are turned, somehow they've crossed the line. What's even further astonishing is that in light of your statement that you aren't responsible for others, I'm amazed that Christians feel the need to preach at others. The explanation I've always heard is that as a Christian it is your responsibility to make folks aware of their sins and lead them to Christ. Now you tell me that no, you're only responsible to yourself. That being the case, why all the preaching?

I have little doubt that this will get me banned, and frankly that's okay. I have no problem with being banned for simply speaking the truth. Only Hindus are supposed to have sacred cows.

First off, roz, you won't be banned. Secondly, I want to understand what people find blatantly unfair about the Christianity forum rules, but it's hard for me sometimes. If this forum is set apart for Christian fellowship, how is it not understandable that we would rather not see a lot of arguments and disagreements on this forum? There's always a proper way to discuss a topic, and we just ask that people not come in here upset and combative. You want to make a point? By all means, make it. Just remember we'd like it to remain peaceful. Interestingly enough, the general forum rules, (which I helped to write), specify that we'd like to see the same behavior throughout the entire board, but seldom are those rules adhered to. Especially of late.

As to the rest of your post, clearly you have your views on how you feel Christians should act and what they should be responsible for. That's certainly your right. I simply pointed out that the laws of God are different from what man thinks or believes those laws should be. It's not a big deal, really. In the end, people are going to feel as they do. I understand that.

Peace. :rosebud:

rozlips

Its really simple pebbles. If we can't bring controversy to the Christianity forum, then Christians shouldn't be able to proselytize and evangelize in the other forums. I can't make it any plainer than that. No controversy here, no preaching elsewhere. Otherwise, it is indeed a double standard and y'all are given rights and privileges no one else has. No other group on this board has a 'no-fire zone' so to speak. Yet, y'all are allowed to come in the other forums and preach as much as you like, even to those of us who find proselytizing both insulting and arrogant.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

rozlips said:
Its really simple pebbles. If we can't bring controversy to the Christianity forum, then Christians shouldn't be able to proselytize and evangelize in the other forums. I can't make it any plainer than that. No controversy here, no preaching elsewhere. Otherwise, it is indeed a double standard and y'all are given rights and privileges no one else has. No other group on this board has a 'no-fire zone' so to speak. Yet, y'all are allowed to come in the other forums and preach as much as you like, even to those of us who find proselytizing both insulting and arrogant.

Roz, people need a place where they can come to be ministered to. A peaceful place of refuge. That's what this forum is for anyone who comes.

Even I had to learn that. Yes even I. For I stand guilty of topics that caused much dissention and uproar. I have a far better gift to offer and that's to be a blessing to whomever I can be.

I still feel it's unfair that I cannot mention my faith on OT without it causing an alarm. God is truly all I know and it's easy for me to apply Him to all that I do.

But that's what life is...unfair. It's unfair because none of us will ever be able to please everyone, all the time. That's just life the way that it is. Whether you believe it or not, your point is well taken and it is understood. I so well know, "unfair" and wish that I could change it. But I can't. I can only leave 'unfair' alone and give it up to God who is Just.

Why not just make the best of what you can. Enjoy posting and communicating with those who support you. Continue to share for you do have much to offer. Just make the best of what you do enjoy about being here. It's not worth losing your hair over. And you will have hair loss, I promise you. For that's what frustration does. It's uses the body to manifest itself. Your hair and skin are the first targets.

Out of respect for the Christian members who are upright (I'm not speaking of myself), but of the true ones, let it go.

If you want to vent more, that's okay. But not here. This is better communicated on the OT forum, but not here.

Roz, even I have to accept this about myself. I cannot allow myself to argue on this particular forum. It's wrong and it is disrespectful for anyone of us to do so, whether we are Christian or non-Christian.

People come here to be ministered to. There are too many hurting women and families who do need this forum as a place to find some sort of peace in this crazy mixed up world. The Christian Forum is a place of Refuge for everyone who needs it. Everyone.

The Christian forum is where you will find more good than negative. For here, we drop who we are (in the natural) and allow God to use us to help each other. No matter who you are, we as Christians will bow heaven and earth, to stop and pray for anyone, no matter what...including you.

Come on Roz...let it go. Keep your pretty hair and pretty smile of yours and just let it go. Behind all that you feel is unfair, you still have a heart that enables you to see past this. Life will never be fair. But, it can be enjoyed by just letting it go...allowing God to make it 'just'.

For the sake of your precious heart...just one smile...even a laugh. ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
A loving way to close this thread:

Today's Daily Word - Thursday, September 21, 2006

World Peace

I answer the call of Spirit to live from the peace of God within me.

We are the peacemakers of our world, answering the call of Spirit to live from the peace of God within us. Reaching out with prayer, person by person, we bring the people of the world--people of every nation and region of the world--together in peace.

As creations of God, we share a bond of kinship that supercedes all perceived differences. From that higher vision that Spirit is calling us to view our world, we see that traditions, languages, and religions come together to create a beautiful mosaic.

More and more, we move our world toward peace because more and more, we are bringing our peace-filled thoughts and prayers to our conversations within our families and neighborhoods, our communities and world.

We set an intention on peace, and then we claim it.

"Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding."--
Romans 14:19
Resource: www.dailyword.com

Last edited:

sunnyjohn

I wanna get my two cents in before this thread is closed.

1. This has been one of the BEST debates on LHCF in a LONG time. The OP brought up an issue, individual posted their ideas and healty and spirited debate ensued. That is free speech at it's finest! It should not be closed!

2. I'll pray for Rosie.

3. Lots of Muslims, Christians, Jews and others of various faiths do speak out against the folks trying to hijack the message. They need to speak LOUDER so as not to get drowned out by the fools on all sides.

4. With regards to posting in the Christianity forum, we must draw some distinction between disagreement and attack. We all know that for as many people that call themesleves Chrisitan, each will see soemtin different when they read THE WORD. Shoot, I've seen LHCF regulars who often post in the Christianity forum disagree on certian aspects of the faith. It got heated, yes, but does that mean if you call yourself a Chrisitan and your view does not line up with the majority in the LHCF and yoour post is conceived and an attack, should you be deemed guilty of breaking th TOS?

5. If the heathens can't stir up trouble in the Christianity forum, then preaching in any other forum should be a no-no. Personally, I think healthy dialog everywhere is better, but we have to tow the line somewhere.

Like I said befoe we are one nation under LHCF, Bev and the TOS.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
sunnyjohn said:
I wanna get my two cents in before this thread is closed.

1. This has been one of the BEST debates on LHCF in a LONG time. The OP brought up an issue, individual posted their ideas and healty and spirited debate ensued. That is free speech at it's finest! It should not be closed!

2. I'll pray for Rosie.

3. Lots of Muslims, Christians, Jews and others of various faiths do speak out against the folks trying to hijack the message. They need to speak LOUDER so as not to get drowned out by the fools on all sides.

4. With regards to posting in the Christianity forum, we must draw some distinction between disagreement and attack. We all know that for as many people that call themesleves Chrisitan, each will see soemtin different when they read THE WORD. Shoot, I've seen LHCF regulars who often post in the Christianity forum disagree on certian aspects of the faith. It got heated, yes, but does that mean if you call yourself a Chrisitan and your view does not line up with the majority in the LHCF and yoour post is conceived and an attack, should you be deemed guilty of breaking th TOS?

5. If the heathens can't stir up trouble in the Christianity forum, then preaching in any other forum should be a no-no. Personally, I think healthy dialog everywhere is better, but we have to tow the line somewhere.

Like I said befoe we are one nation under LHCF, Bev and the TOS.

Sunny, what is "TOS"?

Thanks.

Shimmie

Staff member
Loving Reminder:

As creations of God, we share a bond of kinship that supercedes all perceived differences. From that higher vision that Spirit is calling us to view our world, we see that traditions, languages, and religions come together to create a beautiful mosaic.

More and more, we move our world toward peace because more and more, we are bringing our peace-filled thoughts and prayers to our conversations within our families and neighborhoods, our communities and world.

We set an intention on peace, and then we claim it.

"Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding."--

Romans 14:19

firecracker

I was wondering what TOS:confused: meant too. We can agree to disagree.
I think the Christian forum is were we should try to put our boxing gloves aside for a moment. That doesn't mean you have to zip your lips but we have to try not to fight in chu-ch:lachen:. This is everyones forum so no one should feel left out. Debate is a good thing as long as we remain respectful across the whole board.

It may get a lil heated but we gotta use the fire extinguishers even on our selfs. I got foam all over myself the other day:lachen: .

Shimmie

Staff member
bklynwildheart said:
Methinks Rosie will be unemployed soon if she doesn't filter her big trap....

:scratchch - You really think so? :lol: There'd be a huge 'stink' with the gays/lebians about that one... Dear Lord.

What I'd love to see is for God to get ahold of this woman's heart and right there on the View for all to see on ABC, her full repentance and renouncement of her lifestyle and her negative View on Christians.

What she said is not true of us who are one in Jesus Christ. She's needs to 'live' it and know the 'real' truth about true Christians (not the so-called) for herself.

The Real Truth about Christians:

We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them.

We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God."

2 Corinthians 5:20 The Message

The Undisputed Truth...

Last edited:

ThursdayGirl

bklynwildheart said:
Methinks Rosie will be unemployed soon if she doesn't filter her big trap....

There was a story a while ago about this. Barbara has her work cut out for her with censoring Rosie. Believe it or not...what we see has already been censored and BW pulls the reins on Rosie during the show. Somehow I dont' think Rosie is going anywhere. She's the only one of them broads with some fire.

Shimmie

Staff member
ThursdayGirl said:
There was a story a while ago about this. Barbara has her work cut out for her with censoring Rosie. Believe it or not...what we see has already been censored and BW pulls the reins on Rosie during the show. Somehow I dont' think Rosie is going anywhere. She's the only one of them broads with some fire.

Question: Is the 'View' live. Or is it a pre-taped show? I had to ask...:lol: Somethings can't be 'retracted' in time. :look:

You're right too! I don't see Rosie going anywhere soon. It's such a mess, because this woman has so much anger. But I do see her foot in her mouth and it's approaching very, very soon. Oh well.

napgurl

This is no surprise. Paul use to kill Christians! So let’s pray for Rosie. That the eyes of her understanding will be enlightened.

Dee-Licious

Shimmie said:
Question: Is the 'View' live. Or is it a pre-taped show? I had to ask...:lol: Somethings can't be 'retracted' in time. :look:

You're right too! I don't see Rosie going anywhere soon. It's such a mess, because this woman has so much anger. But I do see her foot in her mouth and it's approaching very, very soon. Oh well.

The View is not live; it is pre-taped. Hence after Star was fired pre-taped shows containing her still aired.

Pam Pam

Shimmie said:
The Hair...:lol: Do you think we should share our secrets with her? Nawwww, I'm not that nice...;)

But in answer to your question about me and OT, I made a promise to Beverly to help keep the peace in this forum. She deserves that and so much more. The OT forum has many subjects that are contraversial to my beliefs. I have to be humble enough to realize that not everyone thinks like I do.... :look:

I also have to be humble to respect the order of the House and the owner of this website, Beverly. For me to tempt opposition in the OT forum, or anywhere would be disrespectful to her Leadership here. Plus, contrary to what some may believe, I do care about the women here. All of them.

No matter how 'lovingly' or how well my intentions may be to state my replies on OT, they will always be misunderstood to cause offense.

When I speak of God, it's not to preach. I'm in love with Him and when you love someone, you talk about them...to everyone. I have to realize that I may not have expressed that in a way to easily understand. I've offended too many people with this. It was never my intention.

Also, I will never agree to certain topics. I can't when it doesn't line up with God's word. I don't need to mention them. I don't know how to 'handle' these topics and to avoid an uproar. But I can 'pray' about them instead and speak only when God prompts me to.

In the truth of the matter, God placed me here to be a blessing. He moves in our lives through prayer. That's what I'm here for. Too much of His word is in me to be wasted in verbal battles. And in prayer I can't allow myself to get pulled into constant opposition. It's a distraction both spiritually and in the natural.

Disagreements are going to occur. That's life. But I have to be humble enough to accept that only God can change others and in His time...

I'm here to love and to pray for everyone, not cause any grief. For we have enough of that in this world. I don't want to add to it. Not to anyone. I am better known to my family and friends as a Nurturer and I hope to be that here in its fullness.

Thank you for asking. I see what makes you "BerrySweet".... :kiss:

Hmmm, I thank God for people like you with humbleness and meekness of spirit.

Thank God that you are proving what a "real" Christian will do in a situation and showing the world that Jesus lives.

Stay encouraged and continue to pray and rebuke Satan, for he is alive and well....

Shimmie

Staff member
Pam Pam said:
Hmmm, I thank God for people like you with humbleness and meekness of spirit.

Thank God that you are proving what a "real" Christian will do in a situation and showing the world that Jesus lives.

Stay encouraged and continue to pray and rebuke Satan, for he is alive and well....
Hi there Pam Pam. I've been reading some of your posts and they are truly a blessing. I'm so glad to 'meet' you.

I wish you contiued blessings, angel. For you, your family, your lives and dreams, I wish you only the best of God's best.

Loving hugs...

locfreeme

I often think Rosie has very valid views, but doesn't express them well and they come across as something entirely different. Maybe beause she's deliberately trying to shock people into thinking about the topic or maybe just because she's crass. ;) Either way, I don't "despise" her like so many people seem to...

CurleeDST

Do not really care what you, Rosie or MAN thinks - that and $5.00 will get me a cup of coffee. I live my life for Christ and THAT is all who matters and whose opinions anyone needs to be concerned with.

Carry on.

rozlips said:
You know what I think is funny? Anytime someone talks about the misdeeds of Christians, folks counter that those aren't 'true Christians.' But, I never see any of those 'true Christians' stand up against these 'false Christians.' For instance, where's your thread and righteous indignation against godhatesfags.com? Surely y'all have organized counter-demonstrations when they've protested the funerals of soldiers. Interestingly enough, I never see any 'true Christians' doing any of that. They're as silent as the 'true Muslims.' I guess jihadists of both religions have cut your tongues out. Oh, but y'all certainly holler if anyone says anything negative about either religion. Where's the hue and cry when so-called Christians are attacking others?