• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

I ask because, in a link to a website of info LD posted at the beginning of the thread it says that they dont fully digest unless you chew them. Like a Gump, I tried chewing them and had to scrape my teeth to get that horrific taste out of my mouth.

Also, to the ladies taking tablets I have the Jarrow Yeayama tablets and the recommended dosage is 10 per day, but the bottle says 200mg. Is taking the recommended dosage too much?

No, probably mis read or I mis typed. you can just swallow and you'll be just fine. The pills have no fillers and additives it's pure chlorella just freeze dried, same w/ powder it is freeze dried and crushed into powder, so your body digests it just fine. Some of the websites have info from the author's point of view, but most articles that I posted consecutively say to take it whichever way you want to.

luckiestdestiny

I just wanted to make an update on taking CHL.

I am happy with this and this will be a life long staple of mine. Some people know that I was using BodyBalance by LifeForce to get my daily sea veggies. Well, no more. It got too expensive and this has been an excellent replacement. I went from almost $200 a month to $20+ a month. Thanks LHCF!

I have been taking Source Naturals tablets and Sun Chlorella Granules (or powder) everyday for a week and a half with Naked Green Machine (for the spirulina) taste great too. Thats 5g a day. I also take ALA (200mg) and MSM (1000mg) daily. I havent had any breakouts since (except one that was already coming in but its leaving now and healing well). The remainder of my acne scarring is healing and my skin glowing. I will say BodyBalance didnt do this for me this fast and it didnt prevent breakouts but minimized the severity. Could it be that this combo is healing my scars from inside and reducing my blood sugar preventing breakouts????? Maybe!

Last year was a bad skin year. I was breaking out like never before. I have been using the Ance.org regimen for a while and it works fabulous. Except for a couple here or there, it keeps the acne at bay. The benzyol peroxide however bleaches my bed sheets and I really liked them too. But since taking CHL, I am slowing but surely cutting down the usuage of it to once instead of twice a day. Usually if I get inconsistent with the ance.org reggie, more pimples come. But I do the benzoyl in the morning and AHA+ at night. Much better for me. I still want to use BP though. I makes my skin matte/glowy and I have oily skin.

I also find I actually like the taste of the CHL powder. Weird. I couldnt take it without Naked but I really enjoy the grass-veggie taste.

Anyway, this is my progress report.

This is a wonderful report. Congrats!
I don't mind the taste of CHL either. I could take it with water and move on with my life, but I understand others may be more sensitive. I do eat lots of veggies, so maybe that's why the green taste just doesn't bother me.

Mom23

I am slowly making my way through this thread. Thanks for all the information!! I ordered the tablets you have listed at the top of the poll. I will report back with my progress as soon as I get the pills this week.

I live in Japan so I am going to ask one of my Japanese friends where I can find some over here, just to see if there is a difference. :grin:

luckiestdestiny

I am slowly making my way through this thread. Thanks for all the information!! I ordered the tablets you have listed at the top of the poll. I will report back with my progress as soon as I get the pills this week.

I live in Japan so I am going to ask one of my Japanese friends where I can find some over here, just to see if there is a difference.

That sounds great! You'll probably get some of the high quality japanese made chlorellas. Welcome Mom23 please keep us posted.:grin:

Pam Pam

You're very welcome :)

Also, since you're taking your chlorella internally, you're going to grow healthy skin from the inside also!

I love being green! Does anyone else notice feeling prettier? Am I just crazy?

Oh, and Yodie, I totally have more of that eye crust stuff. I have to really check for it every morning.

I do, well looking younger. Maybe it's mental, but before, I felt that I looked beat down and trodden because of what I went through last year. I felt I looked 50 even though I am 38.

But yesterday I looked in the mirror and my eyes "appeared" younger. The same thing today. They don't have the dreaded tired look that I've had recently.

I'm starting week 3 and have increased my dosage to 4 grams. I also want to add spirulina and chlorophyll as a daily regimen.

I am so enjoying this thread. I should be doing course work but I'm reading the last week's worth of this thread.:grin:

Pam Pam

What type of results besides detox?

Just the fact that I'm beginning to go "green" which is one of the things that let you know it's working, right?

And, that my eyes appear younger and I don't have that "weight of the world is on my shoulders" look.

I also noticed a decrease in appetite and that I can enjoy eating "raw." I am such an avid lover of cooked food. :spinning:

I'm natural so as far as hair growth, I don't know. I still don't take care of my hair properly. I'll see how if there is any change when I straighten for Easter. Hopefully I'm not destroying any new growth with my lack of proper hair care.

Pam Pam

Whew, took me all day, but I finally made it to the end of the thread.:grin:

Has anyone noticed any difference in the moles they have on their body? I am noticing mine are beginning to sprout (ugh) but I had some really light colored ones that seem to be diminishing. They are not as long or hard as they once were.

I plan to have them removed as soon as I can get some good insurance to help defray the cost, but I'm wondering with chl (or other supplement) help them from forming in the first place.

Darn genes!!!:wallbash:

luckiestdestiny

I do, well looking younger. Maybe it's mental, but before, I felt that I looked beat down and trodden because of what I went through last year. I felt I looked 50 even though I am 38.

But yesterday I looked in the mirror and my eyes "appeared" younger. The same thing today. They don't have the dreaded tired look that I've had recently.

I'm starting week 3 and have increased my dosage to 4 grams. I also want to add spirulina and chlorophyll as a daily regimen.

I am so enjoying this thread. I should be doing course work but I'm reading the last week's worth of this thread.:grin:

keep in mind chlorella and spirulina also have chlorophyll in it so you may not need more unless you want to. Chlorella's chlorophyll content is super high!

mariofmagdal

Hair Update. I just finished washing my hair, and I have visible growth. This stuff is amazing! I am going to have to find a way to straighten my hair so that I can see its full length. I have less than 2 weeks before my 2 months are up, that is when I said I want to post pics. I will try to remember to honor that. Happy being GREEN!

HairHustla

Hi Greenettes'!

I have moved myself up to 3g's starting today. So far, there has been nothing to fear but fear itself. I have not had any detox symptoms. I had one lowly pimple to show up but I don't know if I can attribute that to anything. I am happier and by God healthier however my weight loss has come to a halt and is steadily climbing. Can you sisters please help me. I think it may be the chlorella. I have it in a breakfast shake in the mornings as I do not have access to the naked or bolthouse juices. Here are the ingredients for the shake, please tell me where I am going wrong because I am exercising and eating VERY healthy, drinking water and only an occassional nutrigrain bar for dessert:

1 cup of fat free milk (sometimes 2%)
1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg beaters
1 tsp of flax seed
1/2 scoop of whey protein
My choice of fruits such as avocado, banana, bluberries etc.
1 tsp of chlorella
added today 1 tsp of spirulina.

Are there any red flags in this shake that could be causing the weight gain? I was steadily losing until I started the CHL. Help me out you guys I am getting scared because I have not lost anything in a week and I have gained two pounds!

luckiestdestiny

Hi Greenettes'!

I have moved myself up to 3g's starting today. So far, there has been nothing to fear but fear itself. I have not had any detox symptoms. I had one lowly pimple to show up but I don't know if I can attribute that to anything. I am happier and by God healthier however my weight loss has come to a halt and is steadily climbing. Can you sisters please help me. I think it may be the chlorella. I have it in a breakfast shake in the mornings as I do not have access to the naked or bolthouse juices. Here are the ingredients for the shake, please tell me where I am going wrong because I am exercising and eating VERY healthy, drinking water and only an occassional nutrigrain bar for dessert:

1 cup of fat free milk (sometimes 2%)
1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg beaters
1 tsp of flax seed
1/2 scoop of whey protein
My choice of fruits such as avocado, banana, bluberries etc.
1 tsp of chlorella
added today 1 tsp of spirulina.

Are there any red flags in this shake that could be causing the weight gain? I was steadily losing until I started the CHL. Help me out you guys I am getting scared because I have not lost anything in a week and I have gained two pounds!

You have lots of protein going on. Maybe adding the 3 grams of chlorella is too much as it's also protein. So you'll have to decide what you want as your source of protein. You are drinking I'm assuming that egg shake which makes people gain weight in the drink your way to waist length thread. Lucky you that you weren't gaining, but then you added chlorella. You could: cut down on some of your fruits too, or just cut out the whey and use chlorella instead, or what ever you decide to balance it.

It's pretty unheard of to gain from chlorella at only 3 gms. If you were upping to 10 or 12 or more, I'd say cut down on chlorella as you're detoxing too fast, but that's just not the case, so it needs to be examined in context to the rest of your diet.

If you aren't wanting to cut your other sources of protein you may have to cut out the chlorella.

As chlorella is a purer source of protein that can be readily digested by your body, I'd just cut the whey as it's engineered in a lab and is not, but that's for you to decide. HTH!

Bonus points: Also you may want to supplement milk for almond milk. The reason I mention almond and not rice, is that rice adds more sugar. The milk has protein and since this shake is already rich, you may want to adjust.

Last edited:

HairHustla

You have lots of protein going on. Maybe adding the 3 grams of chlorella is too much as it's also protein. So you'll have to decide what you want as your source of protein. You are drinking I'm assuming that egg shake which makes people gain weight in the drink your way to waist length thread. Lucky you that you weren't gaining, but then you added chlorella. You could: cut down on some of your fruits too, or just cut out the whey and use chlorella instead, or what ever you decide to balance it.

It's pretty unheard of to gain from chlorella at only 3 gms. If you were upping to 10 or 12 or more, I'd say cut down on chlorella as you're detoxing too fast, but that's just not the case, so it needs to be examined in context to the rest of your diet.

If you aren't wanting to cut your other sources of protein you may have to cut out the chlorella.

As chlorella is a purer source of protein that can be readily digested by your body, I'd just cut the whey as it's engineered in a lab and is not, but that's for you to decide. HTH!

Bonus points: Also you may want to supplement milk for almond milk. The reason I mention almond and not rice, is that rice adds more sugar. The milk has protein and since this shake is already rich, you may want to adjust.

As usual LD, you make sooo much sense! Do you go to bed LD? Cause I know that I am 7 to 8 hours ahead of you all and you answered my post right away LOL! Thank you girl, I think I will take your advice and cut out the whey. I did not know that the shake was making people gain weight, do you know why? I guess it is all the protein that is in it like you said. You are my trusted advisor for sure! Thanks again for the advice and I will let you know when my weight starts going down again.

HairHustla

Oh, and the strangest thing ladies is that I don't LOOK like I am gaining, I look like I am actually losing, my physique seems to be more svelte and shapely and tight and like others, my belly has gone flat but when I get on the scale...:blush: it is soooo strange!

sheba1

Oh, and the strangest thing ladies is that I don't LOOK like I am gaining, I look like I am actually losing, my physique seems to be more svelte and shapely and tight and like others, my belly has gone flat but when I get on the scale...:blush: it is soooo strange!

Sounds like you've gained some muscle, HairHustla :yep: And that's a good thing! 1 pound of muscle takes up much less space than 1 pound of fat, so you can muscle and lose volume at the same time. Also for every pound of muscle you gain, your body burns an extra 50 to 75 calories per day, just to maintain that muscle. This is much better than the 2 calories per day needed to maintain a pound of fat :look:.

I wouldn't change that shake, a bit, if it's causing you to gain muscle and lose fat at roughly the same rate. The adjustment will stop on it's own after while. Then the muscle that you've put on will help you to lose more fat, effortlessly.

mariofmagdal

I had the same problem and had to cut out the whey protein. It builds muscle mass. (I do not work out so I was not able to combat the muscle mass/fat; I am starting a workout regi at the gym next week when my husband returns.) I also had weight fluctuations since going green, but when I added more water, the weight started to go down again.

What I do for my water intake so that I am not consuming too much, I make sure whenever I put out, I immediately put water back in. I know, I have bottled water with me every where I go. I find I don't have to drink as much. I also make sure whenever I take my Chl/Spr with juice, I follow with a large glass of water. I don't always take it with juice. Happy to be GREEN.

HairHustla

Sounds like you've gained some muscle, HairHustla :yep: And that's a good thing! 1 pound of muscle takes up much less space than 1 pound of fat, so you can muscle and lose volume at the same time. Also for every pound of muscle you gain, your body burns an extra 50 to 75 calories per day, just to maintain that muscle. This is much better than the 2 calories per day needed to maintain a pound of fat :look:.

I had the same problem and had to cut out the whey protein. It builds muscle mass. (I do not work out so I was not able to combat the muscle mass/fat; I am starting a workout regi at the gym next week when my husband returns.) I also had weight fluctuations since going green, but when I added more water, the weight started to go down again.

What I do for my water intake so that I am not consuming too much, I make sure whenever I put out, I immediately put water back in. I know, I have bottled water with me every where I go. I find I don't have to drink as much. I also make sure whenever I take my Chl/Spr with juice, I follow with a large glass of water. I don't always take it with juice. Happy to be GREEN.

Hmmm, a Green Dilemna, what to do, what to do??

Thank you ladies, I think that I will incorporate both of your suggestions as such, I will continue the whey in the shake but use a fourth of a scoop instead of half and I will greatly increase my water intake to see if that will help me out too. I will keep you all updated, thanks for coming to the rescue...its nothing but Green Comraderie coming through!!!!

Jaxhair

Hi greenies, long time! been busy these past few days - sun is out and I'm a gardener, so need to get things going at the garden! Not caught up yet with posts from 2-3 days ago but I'll try.

Well, we're still green over here..... Missed a day of chlor and hubby went brown. Next day he demanded he wanted to stay green, so no more slacking off here, lol.

Someone asked if there were chlor chewers on board - yup, I chew some of mine! I love a particular brand - lifestream - tastes sooo good! Takes the edge right of any cravings that may want to rear their ugly heads.

Like most peeps here, I feel I'm turning my lifestyle around healthily and feel it's something I will stick with for life - I eat more fruit and veg, waaaay less processed foods, dring more water and herbal teas and yup, losing weight too. Oh, and I'm loving exercising too, lol. Gardening has me waking some muscles I forgot I had - fabulous, good post workout pains all over - so satisfying when massaged!

I also find it easy being raw recently - not sure if it's chlorella and spirulina or my fast a few weeks ago which pretty much killed most of my usual craving. I'm sure my green superfoods help too. I find I can eat up to 90% raw.... if it wasn't for hubby, I'm so sure i'd be 100% raw on most days - the man loves his cooked food!

Anyway, got to go.... my friend the red breasted Robin is calling out to me, lol. Till tomorrow!!! Stay green!!!!!

HairHustla

Hi greenies, long time! been busy these past few days - sun is out and I'm a gardener, so need to get things going at the garden! Not caught up yet with posts from 2-3 days ago but I'll try.

Well, we're still green over here..... Missed a day of chlor and hubby went brown. Next day he demanded he wanted to stay green, so no more slacking off here, lol.

Someone asked if there were chlor chewers on board - yup, I chew some of mine! I love a particular brand - lifestream - tastes sooo good! Takes the edge right of any cravings that may want to rear their ugly heads.

Like most peeps here, I feel I'm turning my lifestyle around healthily and feel it's something I will stick with for life - I eat more fruit and veg, waaaay less processed foods, dring more water and herbal teas and yup, losing weight too. Oh, and I'm loving exercising too, lol. Gardening has me waking some muscles I forgot I had - fabulous, good post workout pains all over - so satisfying when massaged!

I also find it easy being raw recently - not sure if it's chlorella and spirulina or my fast a few weeks ago which pretty much killed most of my usual craving. I'm sure my green superfoods help too. I find I can eat up to 90% raw.... if it wasn't for hubby, I'm so sure i'd be 100% raw on most days - the man loves his cooked food!

Anyway, got to go.... my friend the red breasted Robin is calling out to me, lol. Till tomorrow!!! Stay green!!!!!

Nice to see you Jax, you sound so at peace and happy. In fact, I wanted to say that taking these green superfoods makes me feel something like having an ecological life insurance plan. It makes me feel like I am doing everything I can to assure a long life God willing! Good to hear you are doing so well and I wish I had a "green thumb" aong with my green lifestyle but that hasn't happened yet! :grin:

mw138

Sorry if this is redundant - really did not know how to do a search on for this one -

Is anyone taking the version where the serving size is 2 tablets as opposed to the 10-15 tablets...I am thinking about purchasing this one...

TIA

I do. I just purchased a bottle at a local health food store on Saturday and I only have to take two tablets for one gram. I don't know the name of it, but when I go home for lunch, I'll find out and post.

ETA: I'm taking the Source Naturals tablets. I only started taking them on Sunday. I will be taking one gram each day (two tablets) this week and then I'll up the dosage to two grams next week and so forth. I'm really excited about the results!

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Hi ladies just wanted to give an update. Got my mom on CHL and she's happily green and she always demands her green everyday. My face looks so smooth it's amazing. I'm on my period noe but no pimples as yet yay!!

Unfortunately, I had to go out of town and I didn't take my CHL with me but I'll make for it tomorrow when I get back.

Still green, still good.

mariofmagdal

Hi ladies just wanted to give an update. Got my mom on CHL and she's happily green and she always demands her green everyday. My face looks so smooth it's amazing. I'm on my period noe but no pimples as yet yay!!

Unfortunately, I had to go out of town and I didn't take my CHL with me but I'll make for it tomorrow when I get back.

Still green, still good.

This is so cool! I can't wait to get my mom started. My mom lives in NY. I sent her some reading material on Chl/Spr, but she has not mentioned it. She is one of those that I have to be there and do the initial introduction and she will go from there. So far, I am not going home until June. I may go sooner, my kiddos spring break is coming.

Still trying to convince my entire family to go GREEN!

luckiestdestiny

Still green, still good.

Great update. It's good to know that everyone is getting their relatives involved!

luckiestdestiny

This is so cool! I can't wait to get my mom started. My mom lives in NY. I sent her some reading material on Chl/Spr, but she has not mentioned it. She is one of those that I have to be there and do the initial introduction and she will go from there. So far, I am not going home until June. I may go sooner, my kiddos spring break is coming.

Still trying to convince my entire family to go GREEN!

With all the wonderful updates you're having I'm sure you'll convince your whole family to go green.

Ladybelle

Hi ladies,
I'm seeking help or suggestions. Since taking chlorella, I have been experiencing a whole lot of mucous. (excuse the visual) I cough it up and it's kinda nasty. I'm guessing the cause is detox, but this has been going on almost since i started taking the chlorella. :ohwell: Any suggestions on something I can do to go ahead and just clean the body of the excess mucous?? It's been at least two weeks with the mucous problem and I would like to just go ahead and nip it in the bud. I tried eating just fruits and veggies for a few days, didn't help. I'm thinking maybe I need to do some type of detox or fast..... I've never had a sinus or allergy problem so that's not the cause and currently I do not have a cold of any sort.

Thanks.

BeautifulFlower

Do you consume alot of dairy?
Hi ladies,
I'm seeking help or suggestions. Since taking chlorella, I have been experiencing a whole lot of mucous. (excuse the visual) I cough it up and it's kinda nasty. I'm guessing the cause is detox, but this has been going on almost since i started taking the chlorella. :ohwell: Any suggestions on something I can do to go ahead and just clean the body of the excess mucous?? It's been at least two weeks with the mucous problem and I would like to just go ahead and nip it in the bud. I tried eating just fruits and veggies for a few days, didn't help. I'm thinking maybe I need to do some type of detox or fast..... I've never had a sinus or allergy problem so that's not the cause and currently I do not have a cold of any sort.

Thanks.

Muse

Woa I can not keep up anymore (I'm getting slammed at work so I don't even want to look at a computer when I get home). I will probably be checking in periodically now until they let up at work. I have got my mom taking chlorella now because she wants to lower her cholesterol. I didn't even suggest she take it I just told her I was taking it and a few weeks later she told me she wanted in. Yay!

Still steady at 9g and will stay there I still have apetite control and my boobs are getting smaller:sad: well they say those are the first to go when you're losing wieght so I guess I'm losing still:grin:. Other than that I have not experienced any earth shattering changes and it started to get me down but then I started browsing websites and found this:

How soon will Chlorella work?
Everyone who takes chlorella expects an immediate result. In some people the effects can be felt immediately but normally it takes between 3/6 months to get noticeable improvements in your health.

http://www.naturalhealthcourses.com/Reading_Room/Chlorella.htm

I know most of us know this already but sometimes it's nice to be reminded. For those of you who feel like it's not working just give it time and get inspired by all of the wonderful reports posted here because that's proof that it does work and it WILL work for you in due time.

Last edited:

HairHustla

Hi ladies,

Thanks.

Rain,

How has your water consumption been? You didn't mention how much water you are taking in...I would greatly increase water intake and see if that helps to flush that mucous out. :ohwell:

kryolnapps

Hi ladies,

Thanks.

When I started taking chlorella I was coughing up some nasty mucous as well, but I had some lung issues. Thank God chlorella has cleared that up!
Maybe the chlorella is detoxing something inside your body you were not even aware of. If you don't have a fever or feel obvious discomfort, I would continue on with the chlorella and drink lots of water as others have suggested. I don't know how much chlorella you're taking, but maybe you can try to cut down for a while.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ladybelle

When I started taking chlorella I was coughing up some nasty mucous as well, but I had some lung issues. Thank God chlorella has cleared that up!
Maybe the chlorella is detoxing something inside your body you were not even aware of. If you don't have a fever or feel obvious discomfort, I would continue on with the chlorella and drink lots of water as others have suggested. I don't know how much chlorella you're taking, but maybe you can try to cut down for a while.

Good luck!

Thanks! I eat hardly little to no dairy. I haven't been drinking the amount of water I should drink daily so I will try to up the amount and see if that helps.

I appreciate the suggestions!