• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

I've been taking this brand for about 2 weeks but everyday since last Sunday. I've been taking 3 grams. Yesterday, I finally got green. It wasn't as dark as some of the others, more of a dark olive. I had a cold for 4 days, don't know if it was detox or change of weather. I also had itchy fingers for about 30 minutes and until I read about the itchies in this thread, couldn't figure out what might have caused it.

I plan to increase my dosage 1 gram per week until I get to 6 grams.

Once I'm finished with this bottle, I will access whether I want to try another brand. But so far, I'm beginning to see results.

What type of results besides detox?

luckiestdestiny

I've been gone for almost an entire week for Spring Break and also off Chlorella. I haven't gotten the chance to read all the new pages but I'll go back and read them. First I'll give you an update.

I was on 6-7g of Chlorella for about a month. After not being on Chlorella I have to let you all know I did not notice much growth at all. While on it each week my hair had growth. I washed my hair and straightened it before spring break so I could document it. I was getting at least what felt like 1/4 inch ever week to week and a half on Chlorella and without it it feels like it's really gone nowhere. Maybe a milimeter? It really just stopped it's crazy. My BM's went back to brown. I'm going to ease back into it starting with 3g and then back to 6 after the 3rd day. While in Florida I was introduced to 2 other drinks other than naked juice that are cheaper and taste EXACTLY the same and much easier to find. Naked Juice is not the only brand. They also come in large sizes. 1 had chlorella in it and the other does but if you need them for mixing who cares if it doesn't have Chlorella in it? I will not be buying Naked Juice anymore. They are

Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness.... And

Odwalla Superfood: The one in the middle

I don't want to post too much information so I suggest looking it up for yourself but the ingredients in the Bolthouse are almost exacly the same. :)
I have not yet tried the Odwalla but BOlthouse farms taste JUST like Green machine. I love it and at my local grocery store called Meijer it's 2/5 for the little bottles. The Odwalla also comes in these HUGE gallon sizes for cheap. I'm going to try a bottle and probably use that for my mixing from now on. Hope this helps some people. By the way. MIAMI IS GREAT!!!!!!!!! This is also another surprise sense I was in warm weather. Warmer weather usually helps your hair grow faster but without the Chlorella it was useless. I have seen the difference and now believe in the results I have been getting :) Happy Growing everyone!

Happy growing!

I know bolthouse has been mentioned here but I don't think odwella has been mentioned. Thanks, I'll check that one out too.

AtlantaJJ

Is the chlorella growth factor (CGF) extract different that the CHL we all are taking? I didn't see it on Vitacost..:scratchch

silkii_locks

Hi Ladies,
First just let me say congratulations to every one who has had success with chl, you guys are really on to something here. :yep:
I started taking the Jarrow brand tablets yesterday. The bottle says to take 10 a day. Can anyone tell me if this is too much or too little. Or should I just go ahead and get the powder?

alexstin

Hi Ladies,
First just let me say congratulations to every one who has had success with chl, you guys are really on to something here. :yep:
I started taking the Jarrow brand tablets yesterday. The bottle says to take 10 a day. Can anyone tell me if this is too much or too little. Or should I just go ahead and get the powder?

How many grams would 10 tablets be? My chlorella says to take 10 also but that's only 2 grams.

sqzbly1908

Sorry if this is redundant - really did not know how to do a search on for this one -

Is anyone taking the version where the serving size is 2 tablets as opposed to the 10-15 tablets...I am thinking about purchasing this one...

TIA

luckiestdestiny

Is the chlorella growth factor (CGF) extract different that the CHL we all are taking? I didn't see it on Vitacost..:scratchch
It's just extra cgf. It should not be taken by itself as it's only the extract of cgf from swansons. Chlorella has all the nutrients including cgf. This is just pure cgf extracted from the chlorella so can be taken with chlorella for extra cgf benefits (nails, hair, skin regeneration.) but does not contain the aminos, etc that chlorella does in it's entirety.

luckiestdestiny

Here's another yummy juice from Trader Joe's. Taste great too.

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/Products/Juices,_Soda/Green_Plant_Juice/details/

LD, So, do you think the CGF accelerates the benefits of CHL?

I think taken in conjunction with the chlorella it could as it will enhance it...in theory. Kimbosheart put the theory to test and it seems to be working for her. I don't think it should be taken separately. But a few pills plus whatever you normally do with chlorella could really help to enhance regeneration, rapid cell turnover (hair, skin, nails, body) leading to enhanced results.

luckiestdestiny

Anyone read anything about Chlorella having a high mercury content and raising uric acid levels? I know it's supposed to take mercury from the body and reduce uric acid levels. Color me confused.:perplexed

http://www.ehow.com/about_4777725_chlorella-side-effects.html

Read it. However it also says; There are, however, no clinical studies to support this.

I did lots of research because of seeing this and found nothing else supporting it. In addition I believe the chinese tainted versions may have the problem, which is why I stick with Japenese Yayama or sun which has strict guidelines for how to produce it.

Vinillablue

Thank you...Luck,
I have been taken it over a monthe now, can really see the diffrence. I took it some years ago and had great results.....Snugga Wugga!!!xoxoxoxox

alexstin

Read it. However it also says; There are, however, no clinical studies to support this.

I did lots of research because of seeing this and found nothing else supporting it. In addition I believe the chinese tainted versions may have the problem, which is why I stick with Japenese Yayama or sun which has strict guidelines for how to produce it.

That was the first thing I thought of.:ohwell:

luckiestdestiny

Hi Ladies,
Welcome silkii_locks!

10 a day is like 2 gms right? You can start between 1-3 grams and increase up. 10 is not the highest amount you can take. Please review post one and 2 on the first page. I added a quick start guide there to tell you everything you need to know to know how to increase...and other stuff.

Pam Pam

ok, this is my third week and i had awful stomach cramps, so i did not want much water but hot drinks!!

not drinking water made CHL give me a small rash on my neck, i was dehydrated and backed up...

when i drunk water, i immediately went toilet and it was brighter green:spinning:

but then the cramps re appeared:drunk:so it felt i was going in circles...

CHL and water go hand in hand, but too much water can lead to cramps!!so i've began having three hot drinks a day and everything is ok now.

My nails look whiter, hair is sprouting up everywhere! i have a naturally smooth body but im now going to have to get my legs waxed for the first time!:eek: even my hubby was like "your legs are getting hairy!"

OK, Chlorella's made my nape grow in more hair, i'm not sure how to explain it but my nape has gotten lower!! my hairs all natural but the roots are very very thick!!! i like the tickness:yep:

i was asked if i used "eye wash" as my eyes are looking whiter, i never even heard of eye wash:giggle:

i'm really looking forward to six months on this as i cant believe all these changes in just over three weeks!!

I wonder if this is what happened to me last week. I was having awful pains like pms cramps and I know it's not that time. I was actually ovulating but it really felt like aunt flo was coming. I do drink a lot of water while I'm at work. Sometimes 2 or 3 32oz glasses in the 9 hours I'm there.

I never thought it could be the water intake. Wow.

Pam Pam

So I've been using both my CHL face cream and my body lotion for my body, and I'm noticing a nice smoother texture on my skin, as well as less cracking and burning ( I have eczema)... My skin is clearing up, looking lighter and feeling much better... I love now that I am targeting my skin from both the inside and out... HTH

Please share what you do for eczema. My daughter has a patch on each cheek and it is driving me crazy. She's only 3. If I can get a grip on it now, I know one she becomes conscious of looks, that will be one battle she'll know how to combat.

I need to figure out how to incorporate chl into her diet. I gave her supergreen food before and she woke up overnight complaining of a headache (which was probably detox).

Maybe I should just give her green juice to start her off mixed with water. I want to make her as healthy as possible and definitely kill that appetite. My baby can eat. LOL

silkii_locks

Welcome silkii_locks!

10 a day is like 2 gms right? You can start between 1-3 grams and increase up. 10 is not the highest amount you can take. Please review post one and 2 on the first page. I added a quick start guide there to tell you everything you need to know to know how to increase...and other stuff.

Thanks so much. I do want to eventually get the powder, however they have the granuals which are individual packets at The Vitamin Shoppe. It comes 100 packs per box. The price knocked me back though, $119.00. I was like :nono:. But I see that you guys are getting it for $28 bucks, I'm going to have to go that route.

Last edited:

sheba1

omg, LD I'm sitting here sipping a cup of nettle tea sweetened with stevia extract and a touch of cream. Oh... this is gooooood :love: And you say this will help to grow my hair? Oh my goodness! I've got some tingling in my scalp right now, too. Talk about multi purpose! :yep:

luckiestdestiny

omg, LD I'm sitting here sipping a cup of nettle tea sweetened with stevia extract and a touch of cream. Oh... this is gooooood :love: And you say this will help to grow my hair? Oh my goodness! I've got some tingling in my scalp right now, too. Talk about multi purpose! :yep:
\
Yup. I also use as a final rinse when I wash and dc my hair. I use it to rinse instead of plain water and just leave it in.

As for drinking, we're on the same page I drink mine with cream and honey:lick:

BeautifulFlower

I just wanted to make an update on taking CHL.

I am happy with this and this will be a life long staple of mine. Some people know that I was using BodyBalance by LifeForce to get my daily sea veggies. Well, no more. It got too expensive and this has been an excellent replacement. I went from almost $200 a month to $20+ a month. Thanks LHCF!

I have been taking Source Naturals tablets and Sun Chlorella Granules (or powder) everyday for a week and a half with Naked Green Machine (for the spirulina) taste great too. Thats 5g a day. I also take ALA (200mg) and MSM (1000mg) daily. I havent had any breakouts since (except one that was already coming in but its leaving now and healing well). The remainder of my acne scarring is healing and my skin glowing. I will say BodyBalance didnt do this for me this fast and it didnt prevent breakouts but minimized the severity. Could it be that this combo is healing my scars from inside and reducing my blood sugar preventing breakouts????? Maybe!

Last year was a bad skin year. I was breaking out like never before. I have been using the Ance.org regimen for a while and it works fabulous. Except for a couple here or there, it keeps the acne at bay. The benzyol peroxide however bleaches my bed sheets and I really liked them too. But since taking CHL, I am slowing but surely cutting down the usuage of it to once instead of twice a day. Usually if I get inconsistent with the ance.org reggie, more pimples come. But I do the benzoyl in the morning and AHA+ at night. Much better for me. I still want to use BP though. I makes my skin matte/glowy and I have oily skin.

I also find I actually like the taste of the CHL powder. Weird. I couldnt take it without Naked but I really enjoy the grass-veggie taste.

Anyway, this is my progress report.

Last edited:

Mrs.Fitness

OMG! I could not imagine ever chewing them. :blush: Why do you ask? I have heard of many people who do, so it is not uncommon. Some chew on them like snacks so I have read.....just won't be me, I am not that GREEN! :nono:

I ask because, in a link to a website of info LD posted at the beginning of the thread it says that they dont fully digest unless you chew them. Like a Gump, I tried chewing them and had to scrape my teeth to get that horrific taste out of my mouth.

Also, to the ladies taking tablets I have the Jarrow Yeayama tablets and the recommended dosage is 10 per day, but the bottle says 200mg. Is taking the recommended dosage too much?

Last edited:

silkii_locks

Congrats, sounds like things are working out for you. :yep:

I just wanted to make an update on taking CHL.

I am happy with this and this will be a life long staple of mine. Some people know that I was using BodyBalance by LifeForce to get my daily sea veggies. Well, no more. It got too expensive and this has been an excellent replacement. I went from almost $200 a month to $20+ a month. Thanks LHCF!

I have been taking Source Naturals tablets and Sun Chlorella Granules (or powder) everyday for a week and a half. Thats 5g a day. I also take ALA (200mg) and MSM (1000mg) daily. I havent had any breakouts since (except one that was already coming in but its leaving now and healing well). The remainder of my acne scarring is healing and my skin glowing. I will say BodyBalance didnt do this for me this fast and it didnt prevent breakouts but minimized the severity. Could it be that this combo is healing my scars from inside and reducing my blood sugar preventing breakouts????? Maybe!

Last year was a bad skin year. I was breaking out like never before. I have been using the Ance.org regimen for a while and it works fabulous. Except for a couple here or there, it keeps the acne at bay. The benzyol peroxide however bleaches my bed sheets and I really liked them too. But since taking CHL, I am slowing but surely cutting down the usuage of it to once instead of twice a day. Usually if I get inconsistent with the ance.org reggie, more pimples come. But I do the benzoyl in the morning and AHA+ at night. Much better for me. I still want to use BP though. I makes my skin matte/glowy and I have oily skin.

Anyway, this is my progress report.

sheba1

Could it be that this combo is healing my scars from inside and reducing my blood sugar preventing breakouts????? Maybe!

Prettyface, I believe you are really on to something here! I have been taking my 10 grams of chlorella first thing in the morning mixed with 1/3 cup green machine and 2/3 cup water. At first I was downing it in a few swallows and I would always get hungry after a couple of hours. Today, I took it in my bottle with me to work. I sipped it over the course of 1 to 1.5 hours(no breakfast) and it held me solid (no hunger and brain clear as a bell) for 6 hours! I ate my lunch an hour late and had no problems doing so. It was awesome. I'm thinking what you're thinking, chlorella (and my 1.5 grams spirulina) must have controlled my blood sugar while providing nutrients. I will continue this throughout the week. I hate eating in the morning anyway and I love the taste of the juice/greens/water mix so, maybe this is my breakfast for life. If chlorella regularly replaces breakfast for me, it will actually save me money.