Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

MrsMe

Okay ladies!

I received my order today of chlorella and spirullina! YAY! Question, should I take the plunge during the week while I am working...should I be around people in case of strange illnesses etc or should I wait until the weekend and quietly suffer? I don't know why I am so scared of this stuff but I am. I need your advice ladies!!!!:perplexed

Come on ladies, Anyone?
Ok, I started last monday (or tuesday? :perplexed), and I started with 2g. I had absolutely no symptoms until I increased to 3g and they were very mild. Your body might respond differently based on the amount of detoxing that is required and how fast you metabolize the chl, but I think that you can start at 1g today and increase over the weekend starting on Friday, so you can have time to know how you will do.
The recommended dosage on my bottle says 2g, so if you start with 1g, you shouldn't feel the detoxing effects or it they should be very mild.
As for the spirulina, I am not taking it personally, but if I was, I would start with 1g as well and increase the dosage every 7-14 days so that my body can adjust to it.
I hope the ladies taking both can chime in and give more details about the effect spirulina had on them. Good luck!

HairHustla

Ok, I started last monday (or tuesday? :perplexed), and I started with 2g. I had absolutely no symptoms until I increased to 3g and they were very mild. Your body might respond differently based on the amount of detoxing that is required and how fast you metabolize the chl, but I think that you can start at 1g today and increase over the weekend starting on Friday, so you can have time to know how you will do.
The recommended dosage on my bottle says 2g, so if you start with 1g, you shouldn't feel the detoxing effects or it they should be very mild.
As for the spirulina, I am not taking it personally, but if I was, I would start with 1g as well and increase the dosage every 7-14 days so that my body can adjust to it.
I hope the ladies taking both can chime in and give more details about the effect spirulina had on them. Good luck!

Thank you so much, I think I will start out with 1g and work my way up by this weekend like you suggested, that seems like a solid idea that will keep me out of trouble...:blush:. I am also going to start my 12 yr old daughter on 1g so we can begin our healthy journey together!

starfish

I started taking Chlorella in early Feb. and now take 12-16g in the morning. I'm taking that amount because in 2007 I had cancer and am still suffering the effects of radiation. I drink mine in water, straight up no chaser. (I let it sit for a while until the powder at the top sinks to the bottom of the glass, that way there's no clumps)

Even though I can't really tell if the hair on my head is growing, I know that I have to shave, wax and thread alot more, so it must be working on my hair!

Also this morning was the first time in my LIFE that I haven't felt sleepy on the day after spring forward, losing an hour.

Another benefit is I have NO desire for anything sweet. Yuck. No more cupcake Sundays for me. :)

MrsMe

Thank you so much, I think I will start out with 1g and work my way up by this weekend like you suggested, that seems like a solid idea that will keep me out of trouble...:blush:. I am also going to start my 12 yr old daughter on 1g so we can begin our healthy journey together!
No pb! :yep: If you feel any symptoms just decrease to 500 mg until the weekend. Good luck to you and your daughter!

mariofmagdal

I started taking Chlorella in early Feb. and now take 12-16g in the morning. I'm taking that amount because in 2007 I had cancer and am still suffering the effects of radiation. I drink mine in water, straight up no chaser. (I let it sit for a while until the powder at the top sinks to the bottom of the glass, that way there's no clumps)

Even though I can't really tell if the hair on my head is growing, I know that I have to shave, wax and thread alot more, so it must be working on my hair!

Also this morning was the first time in my LIFE that I haven't felt sleepy on the day after spring forward, losing an hour.

Another benefit is I have NO desire for anything sweet. Yuck. No more cupcake Sundays for me. :)

This is awesome! Glad to hear you are reaping such good benefits!

mariofmagdal

Today is my 4th day with CHL and i'm loving it. The first 2 days i took 12g thinking it was 6g and boy it killed my appetite. Now i'm on 8g and the taste is more bearable. I just mix it with a glass of v8 juice. I also give 4g to my 17 month old who has eczema and the flares on her face are clearing up nicely. For the past 6 months i've been wanting to do a raw diet but because i'm a carb junkie, I never had 1 successful day. Since taking CHL i'm proud to say i'm a raw foodist and i've lost 4 lbs. LD thank you for introducing me to CHL I can already see that we'll have a very long, happy and beneficial relationship.

Are you sure about 4g to 17 month old? That is a very adult dose. My children, 5 snd 8 years, are at the suggested 1g and they did have some detox with that. My daughter also suffered with eczema. MSM has put that under control for the most part.

It's exciting the results we are seeing and of course we want to share with our entire family, I am still working on mine. Happy to be GREEN!

onelove08

Thank you for responding :yep: Have you or your husband had any detox symptoms? How is your husband able to maintain at work so far?

Dh has not had any symptoms thus far. He is on 2 grams. I was taking 6 but, backed down due to cost. I am currently taking 3 grams. I am a little gassy :blush:! My daughter takes it too. She is 4. I give her 1 pill. She is having slight detox symtpoms. Cold like.

HairHustla

Ok Ladies,

I did go ahead and start on the 1g dosage and will hold on that until Friday..at that time I will start 3g so that I will have the weekend to watch out for any detox symptoms. I started my daughter on about .5 grams. We'll see how it goes. So far I am not afraid anymore! :yep:

mariofmagdal

Ok Ladies,

I did go ahead and start on the 1g dosage and will hold on that until Friday..at that time I will start 3g so that I will have the weekend to watch out for any detox symptoms. I started my daughter on about .5 grams. We'll see how it goes. So far I am not afraid anymore! :yep:

I am so happy you are not afraid anymore! How old is your daughter? 5g is a very adult dose. My kiddos, 5 and 8 started at the suggested 1g for children. Just want to keep everyone safe. My kiddos did have detox symptoms and turned green with 1g. Their symptoms went away very quickly. Happy to be GREEN!

MrsMe

Ok Ladies,

I am so happy you are not afraid anymore! How old is your daughter? 5g is a very adult dose. My kiddos, 5 and 8 started at the suggested 1g for children. Just want to keep everyone safe. My kiddos did have detox symptoms and turned green with 1g. Their symptoms went away very quickly. Happy to be GREEN!
.5g is basically half of 1 gram or 500mg, so there's no danger. 5g would be too much even for an adult to start off with.
I like how you end your replies with "Happy to be GREEN!". It's so cute!

mariofmagdal

Hey all I jus received my chlorella this morning and mixed 1tsp with warm green tea after eating an egg white omellette. So far the taste is bearable, not bad at all. And its - Source naturals Yaeyama Chlorella 3g powder. I will be taking a second dose at 6pm. Im taking this for increased hair growth and overall well being!

Good for you! You will be very happy. CHL does just what it promises. Best wishes as you start your journey. Yeah GREEN!

Lebiya

i think Im going to have to look out for this nude juice in the supermarket (I think thats the name) because Spirullina is just horrid!!

mariofmagdal

.5g is basically half of 1 gram or 500mg, so there's no danger. 5g would be too much even for an adult to start off with.
I like how you end your replies with "Happy to be GREEN!". It's so cute!

Glad I read wrong, whew! I am on my crackberry and I missed the period before the 5. Maybe being GREEN will help my eyes! ;0)

onelove08

Hey everyone! This is my weekly checkin! I decided to cut back on my chl because, my DH and DD are also taking it. I will increase again when my powder arrives (tues). So, I have been taking spirulina in along with chl. I was reading over some posts and discovered that if you have an autoimmune disease you should not take spirulina. I did not know this. I was wondering why, I have been feeling a little off. I just thought since Mary is here, then that is why I feel this way. I also was wondering why I was not having as many BMs as I was having 1 month ago. I decided to "test" not taking spirulina. I have not taken it for 3 days. I feel a lot better and just today, I had two good BMs! I have graves disease (like LD and I also took radioactive iodine). I was diagnosed 18 years ago. I hope this post helps someone else. Darn it because I really wanted to take spirulina! I will update again next week! Everyone have a great week and, do not forget your chl or your water!

Sorry so long!

mariofmagdal

i think Im going to have to look out for this nude juice in the supermarket (I think thats the name) because Spirullina is just horrid!!

The juices are great. Naked and Bolthouse Farms, both have awesome green smoothies. Did you try Spirulina in capsule form? I do not use powder because pills are so much easier, I move around a lot.

I feel really great, and am happy to have gotten on board with this. LD, this was a good look, as my son would say. Now if I could only convince him! ;0( GREEN is Good!

luckiestdestiny

I am taking Chlorella in the pill form for now. I would love to use the powder but I don't feel like being bothered with finding a creative way to get it down daily. I do like the naked juice drinks but the sugar count is high so I can only consume so much of that on a daily basis. I will just have to stick with the pills for now. I hope I can still see great results.

Not if you cut it with water. I use more water to a small amount of naked plus chlorella. It tastes great, it has the consistency of juice instead of a smoothy. I never drink it straight as I watch the sugar content. If you don't have enough naked, you just add more to water until you get the taste you desire. I do this with all juices and it works.

luckiestdestiny

Okay ladies!

I received my order today of chlorella and spirullina! YAY! Question, should I take the plunge during the week while I am working...should I be around people in case of strange illnesses etc or should I wait until the weekend and quietly suffer? I don't know why I am so scared of this stuff but I am. I need your advice ladies!!!!:perplexed

Dive in. I've taken it since Jan 21st and I'm still alive and kicking so to speak. There's nothing to be afraid of. Most detox symptoms that I've seen in the thread are still mild enough to function at work and school. Make sure to rink lots of water.

luckiestdestiny

Today is my 4th day with CHL and i'm loving it. The first 2 days i took 12g thinking it was 6g and boy it killed my appetite. Now i'm on 8g and the taste is more bearable. I just mix it with a glass of v8 juice. I also give 4g to my 17 month old who has eczema and the flares on her face are clearing up nicely. For the past 6 months i've been wanting to do a raw diet but because i'm a carb junkie, I never had 1 successful day. Since taking CHL i'm proud to say i'm a raw foodist and i've lost 4 lbs. LD thank you for introducing me to CHL I can already see that we'll have a very long, happy and beneficial relationship.

Please lower your baby's dose. 5-6 grams is a maintanence dose for adults (although 9 or more is a disease fighting dose your baby is still taking half of that at less than 2 years of age). Although it's a natural food, you would want to introduce it into their system slowly and at a dose that is equivalent for their weight, and age. I'm glad that you're loving the CHL. I believe you about the carbs! I lOOOVE some carbs and I just don't crave it anymore. COngrats on the weight loss and welcome Nafissa!

luckiestdestiny

Glad to see you're on chlorella. Hopefully you do not have constipation at your dose, and it is a good one for what you're going through. I know I sound like a parrot but please drink lots of water. As that radiation stays in your body, here's to hoping chlorella will clear out that toxicity and help you to stay alkaline and disease fighting!

Congrats on the benefits of energy and the lowered desire for sweets. My desire is very low. Every once in a while I'll have something sweet, but after a few bites I don't want it anymore (craziness! Madness! Who turns down chocolate? Well Now I'm that person).

luckiestdestiny

Are you sure about 4g to 17 month old? That is a very adult dose. My children, 5 snd 8 years, are at the suggested 1g and they did have some detox with that. My daughter also suffered with eczema. MSM has put that under control for the most part.

It's exciting the results we are seeing and of course we want to share with our entire family, I am still working on mine. Happy to be GREEN!

Agreed with the dose. We just want you to be at a lower level and still enjoy results from chlorella!

CurliDiva

Hey,

I just wanted to give an update - taking Chlorella daily is so much easier than my old vitamin regimen of 8 pills!

It’s been less than a month, but I'm used to the color, smell, and taste. I'm very energized and regular! This is definitely a keeper! :yep:

luckiestdestiny

Has anyone tried this CHL?

http://products.mercola.com/chlorella/

3 month supply for $21
1 month for $5

You get 3gms of CHL per serving.

The price seems more than reasonable. I may have to try this once I am done.

I don't see the CGF and that's the only thing making me wonder. In addition it says that it's scrutinized by Japanese...what does that mean. It doesn't say it meets those standards. I'd just email them or call for clarification.

luckiestdestiny

I think she started her daughter on half a gram .5 which is not bad, not 5 grams.

HairHustla

That makes me feel better about giving it to my daughter! I do not for the life of me know why I am so skittish about Goin Green, it's like I think an alien is gonna burst out of my chest or something...:creatures
its so insane but I am being a big girl and goin on through it! Thank you ladies for the encouragement:clapping:

HairHustla

I think she started her daughter on half a gram .5 which is not bad, not 5 grams.

Yeah, I didn't want her to be a guinea pig though she is being bigger about it than I am, she is 12 and is surer than snot that she is going to become a doctor so when she told me "momma this will bring your body into balance" I looked like a big fool and took the pill!

luckiestdestiny

Hey everyone! This is my weekly checkin! I decided to cut back on my chl because, my DH and DD are also taking it. I will increase again when my powder arrives (tues). So, I have been taking spirulina in along with chl. I was reading over some posts and discovered that if you have an autoimmune disease you should not take spirulina. I did not know this. I was wondering why, I have been feeling a little off. I just thought since Mary is here, then that is why I feel this way. I also was wondering why I was not having as many BMs as I was having 1 month ago. I decided to "test" not taking spirulina. I have not taken it for 3 days. I feel a lot better and just today, I had two good BMs! I have graves disease (like LD and I also took radioactive iodine). I was diagnosed 18 years ago. I hope this post helps someone else. Darn it because I really wanted to take spirulina! I will update again next week! Everyone have a great week and, do not forget your chl or your water!

Sorry so long!

I understand that you're being cautious. I just put the info out, so that people could make up their own minds about it but I agree that it's best to err on the side of caution so that you don't have flare up (grave's eyes can actually occur even after radioactive iodine treatement as I've been given orbital decompression to get mine under control despite rai, and still go to have the pressure checked. My eyes look normal now, but I still sometimes have the double or blurry vision and know that means there's pressure on my optic nerve. I definitely don't need my eyes attacked anymore!) and in addition as you are auto, you don't want to encourage other auto conditions (aka cluster effect). That was why I decided not to take it. Good to see you're feeling better! Sorry you've decided not to take it. I was a little bummed about that too.

kitamay

:rofl: Now you're asking for too much from the chlorella! :rofl: You should contact the woman who created DivaSmooth to help you with that one!

Ugh! I hate anything in the powder form and tasting anything powdery in juices, smoothies. For example, I tried Odwalla's Protein smoothie once and once only...I had THREE sips and that was it for me! :nono: I could taste the protein powder and I almost gagged on it. I don't think I'll ever switch to powdered chlorella. The pills are small and I have never had pbs with pills, even the big, fat calcium pills. Ugh! Just thinking about it gives me the chills... Sorry, sweetie. :hug2: Just hang in there and test other alternatives to see what could work for you.

I'm still keeping an eye on you for the topical application of chlorella...:look:

I have been slacking on the topical application of it, although I tried it a couple of times and noticed a little improvement. I have had some extra energy with chlorella, so it is not exactly attractive for DH:love: when putting it on before bed if you know what I mean.