• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

omnipadme

yay- this stuff is in my favorite powder:yep: Greens + I've been taking it for overall health and its amazing, but now I'll see about the hair benefits also.

luckiestdestiny

Hey Luckiest, what's your diet like? You mentioned in an earlier post that your diet along with this has given you over an inch a month... Thanks! :)
My diet is simply whole foods, instead of junk with 80 percent of my food coming from vegetables (I try to have a range of vegetables including whole grains and peas like chicpeas,etc some vegetarian foods do have protein in it so I'm probably getting more protein from that) and 20 percent from meat. I've been eating lots of fish and chicken and reduced red meat to almost nothing. My next step is to cut up my fish (including fish, scallops, crab, etc) and cut down my chicken.

I also drink nettle tea once a day(it tastes like black tea so it's really easy to drink and I think it pushes things up a notch though it took weeks to start seeing results from it...around a few from what I remember), and then my nettle tea rinse everytime I wash. Nettle tea is known to increase hair growth. So I like doing it internally AND externally.

For external nettle tea hair rinse: I boil the nettle tea, I then add real herbs: rosemary, sage (and if I can get a peach pit I smash it up and also use it, otherwise just the rosemary, sage, and nettle), chop up the herbs, and boil it all together with the nettle in a pot. I've found the amount matters, but I've been doing it for so long now that I just can eye ball it, so I can't tell you how much of each to use.

Then I let it sit to infuse for at least a few hours or a day, strain, and bottle. Sometimes I also throw a regular tea bag in with the nettle and everything in it, for the caffeine effect (helps with shedding). It can sit for a week or so without problems, but I found a natural preservative online that I use so it keeps longer. I just put them in a nozzle, and when I wash, I make sure that it's my last rinse. During the week, if I have extra time, I divide my hair and just put some on my scalp: I use an eye dropper. Most times I don't bother as I've noticed lots of benefits from just doing thetea rinse.

The thing about right, it will show in your hair, but it takes a while to show up. Like I started eating right before the nettle tea and it took a couple months before my hair growth was affected (but it was definitely something that pushed up my growth), then the nettle tea kicked it up another notch.

That's why I was looking into chlorella to take it to another place. Because I've gotten into such a simple routine. I eat right naturally now without effort, and the rinse takes no time to prepare, and I store it for weeks, and I just go wash and use it, and that's it. I also wanted a supplement that goes along with the simple kiss method that I'm using now. Oh and I was also drinking green drinks, but another type. I couldn't afford that type any more so I bought the whole foods brand that had everything in it, but an addition was chlorella.

I've lost a lot of weight just doing this too (if you don't want to just eat more grains and stuff) but I also noticed green drinks help. (The one I just bought from whole foods that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

BTW do I occasionally eat junk (junk food)? Yes, I'm human and sometimes I'm in a rush, but I make sure that it's only once in a while.

I just edited because I forgot to add. You leave the tea rinse on. You don't rinse it out. The nettle also makes the hair soft. I do the rinse after the dc and everything. If I'm leaving in extra conditioner, I still do it, I hold my head back, take my rinse, and pour it, focusing on the scalp (sometimes I use a spray bottle and separate the hair, so that I can focus it on the scalp without wasting extra tea rinse. I like to make a batch once or twice a month only, and then refridgerate it, or just leave it in my cabinet, so I try to use it only where it'll do benefit. But if you get it on the hair, nettle has conditioning and softening so no biggie, but you want it on the scalp where it can stimulate growth)

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Thanks for this post. I ordered some. I will update once I start and have some results. The reading was good too.

Please update us. Good to see you mariofmagdal! BTW your hair is just gorgeous in that other thread with the little hand (precious). Are you going for tail bone, noticed that you are almost waist, if not already there! Either way, I love that chlorella is just good for overall health too.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

yay- this stuff is in my favorite powder:yep: Greens + I've been taking it for overall health and its amazing, but now I'll see about the hair benefits also.

Great! You may want to get separate chlorella. Babydollhair uses 3g , and I have literature that says people can take even more than that if you look back in the thread. I was taking chlorella in my greens drink but I'd have to have a lot of them a day to get the full effects. So I still take my greens drink as it has other nutrients, but also added an additional chlorella supplement.

guyanesesista

I just added drinking wheatgrass powder and flaxseeds in juice(3 days) along with my waistlength cocktail(about 1 and 1/2weeks consistently) and all I can say is that my energy is thru the roof!! I wanna go run around my block so I could burn some of this off but it's cold. I don't see hair benefits right now but I'll be doing some tweaking and it will take time anyway.

I've had that powder for about a year now or more? So I've decided to finish and maybe continue with it or move on to chlorella or spirulina.

peppers01

Common complaint w/ biotin. Check in when you get it and let us know how it goes. Try to get ones with high Chlorella growth factor like Source Naturals Yaeyama or others like Sun Chlorella. (Baby doll hair recommended both and I researched and both are the tops).

The very same reason why I just stopped taking the biotin last week. My face is still recovering since I started reading about it on here and put 2 and 2 together. Damn YOU BIOTIN! I totally had to :giveup:, and hopefully chlorella and spirilina can get my skin back (and hair, wellbeing).

luckiestdestiny

The very same reason why I just stopped taking the biotin last week. My face is still recovering since I started reading about it on here and put 2 and 2 together. Damn YOU BIOTIN! I totally had to :giveup:, and hopefully chlorella and spirilina can get my skin back (and hair, wellbeing).

Chlorella is supposed to help your skin glow. I am eating really well, but my green drinks, and chlorella have helped. I hope it helps you too.

n_vizion

I take spirullina in powder form in my smoothies and consume the chlorella tablets when I'm on the go. With the tablets you have to take several in order to get the benefits so I actually prefer the powder. The best thing about the powder is that it mixes well with fruits. There's practically no taste at all when its mixed.

luckiestdestiny

I take spirullina in powder form in my smoothies and consume the chlorella tablets when I'm on the go. With the tablets you have to take several in order to get the benefits so I actually prefer the powder. The best thing about the powder is that it mixes well with fruits. There's practically no taste at all when its mixed.
Thanks for that. I had a green drink mix that includes chlorella, but not by itself. I was wondering how it'd taste in powder form. I also have the tablets, but when they run out, I may just get the mix, depending on how I feel the tablets are in achieving my goals!

Juliagizzle

Oh this is really good! Im looking at getting some chlorella and spirulina powders. I take green drinks/smoothies that have this in them but I think adding more separately will give me the boost I need. I really need it for energy and concentration boost. But if it can help me reach WL by June that would be amazing! :D

luckiestdestiny

Oh this is really good! Im looking at getting some chlorella and spirulina powders. I take green drinks/smoothies that have this in them but I think adding more separately will give me the boost I need. I really need it for energy and concentration boost. But if it can help me reach WL by June that would be amazing! :D

You and me both. I'm hoping to reach WL soon, and then I want to be FULL blunt waist length which will take a little longer as I have layers. Here's to hoping Chlorella will do the job to help me get there...

Last edited:

truequeen06

All of this is really interesting. I'm going to hit up Whole Foods tomorrow. I've been on a health kick lately. I'd been in a serious funk along with all the junk food eating that goes along with the college experience. Thanks everyone for sharing your information on this. I'm not really looking to take it to grow hair, but to get healthy, although this is an added benefit.

luckiestdestiny

All of this is really interesting. I'm going to hit up Whole Foods tomorrow. I've been on a health kick lately. I'd been in a serious funk along with all the junk food eating that goes along with the college experience. Thanks everyone for sharing your information on this. I'm not really looking to take it to grow hair, but to get healthy, although this is an added benefit.

I agree. I'm adding the chlorella for the health benefits as well as the hair growth. It seems to have so many wonderful benefits that I just can't resist. Along with the fact that it has lots of nutritional value.

But I am also definitely PSYCHED to find out what happens with my hair too!:spinning:

soonergirl

Hey ladies just went to the health food store, as I wanted to pick up the greens blend powder, i didnt go to whole foods, which I now regret but anywhoo I bought a half gallon of naked fruits "green machine" smoothie for 9 dollars... I almost bought garden naturals green powder (22.00) but got cheap and got the green machine. It has chlorella and spirulina in it plus wheatgrass, barleygrass etc... I drank this to take my chlorella and spirulina this morning. So, if you are looking to save a little try it, the taste isnt half bad either...

belle_reveuse28

I wonder if I could get some of that Green Drink by Bolthouse Farms until I can afford to get some powder mix. I actually like the way it tastes. I call it pond scum! LOL! Anybody think that would work in the interim?

luckiestdestiny

Something is better than nothing. I actually used to drink those!
Agreed. Still when you can afford it try to incorporate some chlorella powder or pills in addition to the green drink. The article I posted back some pages talks about how much chlorella is needed for optimal health (and I believe optimal growth).

belle_reveuse28

Yeah, I got some chlorella the other day. I'm also going to get some spirulina. I stayed up all night and read that article you posted and was wowed! Like seriously! The whole cancer stuff and all of the proteins and vitamins this stuff has, you'd be crazy NOT to take it! I'm loving the chlorella already. It has really curbed my appetite the last few days and has also stopped morning breath and smelly pits (TMi, i know), but it works.

I was reading the drink your way to waist length thread earlier and the main ingredient, raw egg, i.e. protein, is what's making people's hair grow long. And I realized, hey, I dont need to do that because chlorella is noted as haivng more protein than any other food source, even beef! So there ya go! Another reason why I'm taking this foreva!

This stuff has everything we really need to grow our hair optimally, all I have to do is focus on maintaining my length. My hair grows on average .5 inches a month and sometimes more, but I would love to boost that to at least an inch a month. I"d be very happy with that.

Lebiya

Yeah, I got some chlorella the other day. I'm also going to get some spirulina. I stayed up all night and read that article you posted and was wowed! Like seriously! The whole cancer stuff and all of the proteins and vitamins this stuff has, you'd be crazy NOT to take it! I'm loving the chlorella already. It has really curbed my appetite the last few days and has also stopped morning breath and smelly pits (TMi, i know), but it works.

I was reading the drink your way to waist length thread earlier and the main ingredient, raw egg, i.e. protein, is what's making people's hair grow long. And I realized, hey, I dont need to do that because chlorella is noted as haivng more protein than any other food source, even beef! So there ya go! Another reason why I'm taking this foreva!

This stuff has everything we really need to grow our hair optimally, all I have to do is focus on maintaining my length. My hair grows on average .5 inches a month and sometimes more, but I would love to boost that to at least an inch a month. I"d be very happy with that.

you and lucky are killin us with the info- I LOVE IT!!!!

luckiestdestiny

Btw guys, there's a thread where someone was talking about how asian women's hair grows fast and I was of course writing that it's nutrition not just genetics. Just thought I'd show you all this stuff too while I'm at it as I had read earlier in the week about how chlorella is popular in asian communities, but I thought I'd place it here just for those who might want to see it:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Chlorella-Detoxifier--Age-Fighter-and-Energizer
Today, it is Japan’s No. 1 health food supplement and frequently included in salads and sushi.

http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx
While Chlorella is very popular in Japan and throughout the Orient, it has only recently gained notoriety in the West. It has not become a popularized fad such as Melatonin, MSM, St. John's Wort and other herbs that explode on the market then disappear quickly when interest is lost in them. Chlorella is slowly becoming more widely known as its astounding and profound health benefits are revealed through scientific study and word of mouth. Because of its incredible nutritive properties, when Chlorella finally does become a household word, its stay with us will be permanent, not temporary like so many of the herbs and hormones that have made it onto the cover of popular news magazines.

Could we have stumbled onto one of their hair secrets? I think chlorella aids the body in so many ways, that those who use it, are just reaping all the benefits (including hair growth). I'm sure it's also the fish and stuff...but I'm eating that already so it's good to know I'm on the right track.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I might of missed it in this thread so forgive me. How long does it take to notice results?
My nails grew to over 1/4 inch after I just chopped them off in just 2 days and my nails always break away. I'm noticing some hair growth but didn't want to report anything until after a week or two...and it's only been four days that I've been on the chlorella pills. Chlorella acts fast for me. I believe babydollhair also stated that one of the benefits of taking it was how fast the benefits take hold.

luckiestdestiny

About it's vitamin content: http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx
Chlorella is a whole-food, very much unlike most commercial vitamins. While it contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, Chlorella is superior to vitamin supplements in many ways, one being that it is natural and the vitamins and minerals in Chlorella are bio-chelated, which means they are naturally wrapped in amino acids so the body will more readily take them in. Vitamins are nothing more than an amalgam of concentrates and extracts that have been artificially stitched together because on paper they look like they should provide balanced nutrition. A whole food such as Chlorella provides the body with a stunning amount of nutrients that are naturally balanced, can NEVER accumulate in the body and become toxic and therefore are far superior to any man-made nutritional formula.

Info on when to take it:
What time of day or night should I take it?
Chlorella can be taken at any time of the day. It can be taken all at once or it can be taken in small dosages throughout the day, which is preferable. It is best taken 20-30 minutes before mealtime so it can help with digestion and intake of nutrients. Morning is also a good time to take Chlorella, but never just before or after drinking coffee or a soft drinks since caffeine is extremely detrimental to the digestive process.

How much should I take per day?
Three to four grams per day is a good maintenance dosage of Chlorella for a person to take. With this amount, you will not notice significant changes, and your body will get many of the nutrients it must have to function properly such amino acids (protein), vital minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates and enzymes. However, a person taking 5-7 grams per day is quite common and at this level you will notice significant changes in digestion, energy and overall health. At higher dosages such as 10-12 grams per day, a person could stop eating meat and feel confident that they were getting an adequate amount of protein and other necessary nutrients that meat provides.

----of the how much should I take. This site is similar to what the other site I posted was saying. So once you know that you are not having "diarrea" or "constipation"...an effect of too much too soon (at which point you should cut back before increasing), please feel free to increase your dose. I've already upped mine one gram. Remember the other site I posted earlier says your poop should be green. The more you get, the faster and better your benefits will be. Don't go crazy and do too much and then detox too fast, though. Slow and easy does it.

TdotGirl

I noticed that my nails are stronger, usually I could rip them off easily! lol

I don't know about the hair though. I'll report back in a few weeks since i'm only 4 days deep into this!