• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

Okay so I know you guys are going to think I'm crazy, but I am just convinced, and when I'm convinced, I act fast. It's probably because I did so much research. I just know that this stuff is the bizness. So here's my plan:

I know that I have been eating organic, and I did a body detox program back in Oct, and that I was on 2, 3, 4g, without problems in the span of a week. I didn't even have diarrhea or the opposite. And I just feel so much better.

So I'm upping it again to five. If I'm okay with five in the next two days, I'm going to 6 grams. It says that your poop should be green when you're taking enough and I'm not there yet (sorry to tell you my biz but that's what the article says, please re read my posting from earlier in the thread if you haven't already). It also says that people can take even more than that. So I am ordering my powder now, so it's here when I run out of tablets, and I will probably eventually go to 8 or 9g (following the article I posted earlier weeks from now) if I don't have any problems. I plan to stay to 6 for at least a week though, before upping from there. W/ the powder that's only 2 teaspoons which I'm putting in a tablespoon of apple sauce and then gulping it down bit by bit so I don't taste it. Then I'll do a glass of water after so that it dissolves.

Please follow your body and only go as far as it allows, until you are able to adjust to whatever your goal dose is whether smaller or larger. Some may be able to go faster than others depending on their body, diets, environmental factors like smog, etc as your body has to detox. I've been lucky so far. I will of course change the plan if I hit a detox wall and scale back of course!

So far so good. My hair is shocking me now, so I want to see where this goes. Plus I know at that amount I'll have more than enough of all the vitamins and minerals I need for the day, so that's good also (better than any hair vitamin could ever be and in food format so that it doesn't build up toxically in the body like vitamins can...I'm sure you guys read all the literature I posted so you know what I'm talking about). Here goes yay::dance7::sweet:

IndianAngel22

Is this a popular brand?

That's the one I bought. 16 oz waiting on it in the mail

luckiestdestiny

So... Inquiring minds want to know, are you already "feeling/seeing" some growth?......

Actually seeing more than usual. Keep in mind, I've been eating right for a while, so I think that it's just kicking what I'm doing to another level. My hair is in braids, but I can separate the cornrows from my scalp now as there is growth under them pushing them up,and they are separating themselves. So I know I'm going to have to redo soon. I was thinking of doing what pink skates did. She wanted to go from MBL to waist and got her hair weaved to keep her from using heat. I didn't even know it could be done at my length as I thought it'd be too long. Ididn't want to do that for heat, but just for a different style to get me to waist length from my current MBL. Just tired of walking around in cornrows and tired of styling my hair (need a break!).

Now I'm wondering if I should because they would come out too fast! However, I have a friend who does them well (licensed) but is going back to school for something else and she has offered to do them for me (I just buy the hair. I'm still going to pay her something even though she said not to). So I may do it and test it out. Then I could give you guys my before and after pics so you can see how fast my hair grows out from there. It will be fun to lift up the braids and complain my hair is growing too fast! It would be unfair to do it now, as my hair was already braided before this week, so you would not know how much from the chorella, and how much from before. So I will start fresh in a week or two, so that you guys can see. In my opinion I think you can get the projected amount babydoll and the others said. Or at least way more than your average growth rate.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Just went to VitaminShoppe and picked it up! I took a pill recently and I am feeling weird. I feel very warm and a little sick to my stomach. Is this normal? Maybe the detox? :perplexed

Thanks!

Hey I was looking things up as I was worried about you. It says that a side effect for some very few in the beginning may be upset stomach and nausea. So it's not that you are allergic, you may just have a bad side effect.

Are you still taking it? How's it going?

mariofmagdal

Day 3 for me, but I got a sudden case of indegestion after I took it the last time, and I wash it down with water.
Otherwise all else is cool. Anyone else experience this?

Candycane044

So I'm taking the NOW Foods Chlorella powder and it's actually not bad at all. If you take it with some juice you can hardly taste it. I was thinking that I'd have such a hard time drinking this stuff, but not at all! It was very smooth going down.

Muse

Is this a popular brand?

That's the one I ordered:yep:

I got my sun chlorella and spirulina... :sekret:

So I should take both, right? You ladies are SO helpful. And yes, sun was very expensive, but I think it is worth it and per day, it doesn't cost THAT much in the long run. Will start off slow and then update!!
~*Janelle~*

Woa big money, Sun Chlorella!:lachen: That's some great stuff (according to what I've been reading) you should see great results in no time. Like LD said I think most ladies in here are just taking Chlorella. That alone should be enough to see significant growth w/o the spirulina but I plan on adding spirulina to my regimen later on (when I get some more extra cash:wallbash:) because I am trying to fight a disease with these green foods and I want to maximize my benefits by taking both to help fight it off.

Ladies I am guessing that the new growth that we get from chlorella will be pretty strong because of all the highly absorbable protein we are taking in. Yet another plus. I wonder if when we all start up and show our results the ladies in the other growth aid threads will drop that stuff and try this out. Could this eliminate topical growth aids all together on the board?:scratchch

yodie

Maybe I'm going too fast. Today is my 3rd day and I put all 10 tablets in my smoothie this morning. I took 15 yesterday. No problems.

Thing is, I'm taking iron pills and we all know what iron does. Hmmm, I need something movin'.

Question ladies, do you think chlorella will eventually replace your multi vits? I hate taking so much stuff.

kandake

Maybe I'm going too fast. Today is my 3rd day and I put all 10 tablets in my smoothie this morning. I took 15 yesterday. No problems.

Thing is, I'm taking iron pills and we all know what iron does. Hmmm, I need something movin'.

Question ladies, do you think chlorella will eventually replace your multi vits?
I hate taking so much stuff.

That question was asked on this website http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx.

I believe the answer was that its okay to take multivitamins but the chlorella is really all you need.

I would do some research on it though.

ladytee2

I have not noticed any adverse side affects. I have been taking flaxseeds for years for the fiber. I do think that the chlorella has aided the flaxseeds. I have the pills and the dose is 10 pills. I have been taking 5. I plan to up to 10 this weekend. I have an ok diet. Its not a great diet and well lets not discuss the exercise. But I have been working on increasing my veggies and fruit. I have noticed an increase in the health and the thickness of my hair but I think its too early to see any effect from the chorella. I will have to keep you posted. Is anyone else adding the spirulina or thinking about adding it?

belle_reveuse28

We never officially started a challenge here.. I asked about it earlier and nobody said anything. So I'm asking, do you ladies want to start a challenge, or a study, shall we say! LOL>... How about something along the lines of what Luckiest is doing... Several people take a certain amount, and those who can stomach it or take it safely, take larger amounts and see what types of results we get. The biologist in me coming out. Letme know what you guys all think... I'm ready!

I started taking this stuff last week, I think, and my nails are growing like crazy. My hair is natural and so therefofre, I have major shrinkage, I can't tell if I've got growth or not, but I do know that recently I just cut it to shoulder length and did take pics, so we'll see. I'm going to measure today and see what I get a week from now. I'm taking 3g daily, will up it to 5 today. Although I am seriously hoping that this will be the end of topical growth aids and multi's.

yodie

Wow, I just read that entire article. This is some good stuff. I'm thinking it just might replace my multi vit, msm, biotin, my waistlength drink w/ the raw egg, ALA, digestive enzymes, and aloe. Dang, that's a lot of supplements!!

That question was asked on this website http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx.

I believe the answer was that its okay to take multivitamins but the chlorella is really all you need.

I would do some research on it though.

kandake

Wow, I just read that entire article. This is some good stuff. I'm thinking it just might replace my multi vit, msm, biotin, my waistlength drink w/ the raw egg, ALA, digestive enzymes, and aloe. Dang, that's a lot of supplements!!

Yeah, its definitely some good stuff. You have lukiestdestiny to thank for posting that article.

Last edited:

Muse

Question ladies, do you think chlorella will eventually replace your multi vits? I hate taking so much stuff.

I totally believe it can replace a multi vitamin. I question how much we really absorb from the vits we take anyway, along with the other fillers in them. I am tossing out my supps when I start chlorella.:yep:

I have not noticed any adverse side affects. I have been taking flaxseeds for years for the fiber. I do think that the chlorella has aided the flaxseeds. I have the pills and the dose is 10 pills. I have been taking 5. I plan to up to 10 this weekend. I have an ok diet. Its not a great diet and well lets not discuss the exercise. But I have been working on increasing my veggies and fruit. I have noticed an increase in the health and the thickness of my hair but I think its too early to see any effect from the chorella. I will have to keep you posted. Is anyone else adding the spirulina or thinking about adding it?

I am because of this:

How much should a person take if they are sick?
This will depend on what they are sick with and how sick they are. A dosage of 10-20 grams a day is recommended for someone who is sick, especially with a chronic disease such as cancer. It is also recommended that people who are sick take Spirulina in addition to Chlorella in order to reap the full benefits of both these powerful, healing nutriceuticals.

I will be taking both of these in very high doses to hopefully set my overactive immune system back on track but I'm guessing hair will be shooting out of my scalp as well:lachen:. Of course you don't have to be sick to take both but that's my only reason for adding it. I think chlorella is a good stand alone for other things though.

I plan on taking 3g for one week (if I can tolerate it), then 6g the next week and then 10g. This is where I will stop with the chlorella for a while but I hear that whatever amount of chlorella you are taking you are suppose to double the amount of spirulina so I will be taking 20g. I do not believe you have to pace yourself with spirulina I think you can dive right into the higher doses but it's always a good idea to start off small to see if you are of that rare percentage who is allergic to it. *Off to research more about spirulina*

Muse

Yes and your body should absorb the nutrients from chlorella A LOT better than it did those other supps you were taking. The nutrients are HIGHLY absorbable. I ran out of MSM and have not bothered to purchase anymore because I don't believe I will need it anymore with chlorella. I never really saw any fast growth with MSM but I kept taking it to hopefully extend my growing phase but with 1-2" shooting out of your head a month with chlorella who needs to extend the growing phase?:drunk:

Hairsofab

I just bought some Sun Chlorella at Whole Foods yesterday. I will probably take 2 today and increase my way up. I will let you know any good effects I have. I have been feeling really run down, (from poor diet and lots of stress mainly). I'm trying to change things around.

yodie

I really like the idea of keeping up with each others progress better than having a challenge. I think there are already so many challenges going on in this forum, but by all means don't take my word as the final decision as I'm just coming into this thread.

We never officially started a challenge here.. I asked about it earlier and nobody said anything. So I'm asking, do you ladies want to start a challenge, or a study, shall we say! LOL>... How about something along the lines of what Luckiest is doing... Several people take a certain amount, and those who can stomach it or take it safely, take larger amounts and see what types of results we get. The biologist in me coming out. Letme know what you guys all think... I'm ready!

I started taking this stuff last week, I think, and my nails are growing like crazy. My hair is natural and so therefofre, I have major shrinkage, I can't tell if I've got growth or not, but I do know that recently I just cut it to shoulder length and did take pics, so we'll see. I'm going to measure today and see what I get a week from now. I'm taking 3g daily, will up it to 5 today. Although I am seriously hoping that this will be the end of topical growth aids and multi's.

soonergirl

Hey ladies just chiming in on the energy boost chlorella has given me... On my days off I was just a cleaning fool!! I mopped floors, vacummed and did all of the laundry the other day..I really felt a boost... I usually would not have the energy, and I would have had a multi vitamin...At bedtime I just laid there for a while not sleepy. On that day all I had was a naked fruit green drink (which has chlorella,spirulina, wheat grass and barley in it), and my chlorella tablets, no multi vitamin. I have not taken my multi in a week. It has been 7 days since I started chlorella. Yay..

AtlantaJJ

:lol: I gulped a palm full of those little tablets last night and the same this morning. My guess is there were at least 20 tabs in each which is about 4 grams ... I plan to take another bunch this evening. I'm not worried about adverse effects because I take a bunch of stuff anyway, my tummy is used to it! It loves fiber and stuff. I haven't done the math but I am sure the powder is more cost effective than the tablets.

AtlantaJJ

Hey ladies just chiming in on the energy boost chlorella has given me... On my days off I was just a cleaning fool!! I mopped floors, vacummed and did all of the laundry the other day..I really felt a boost... I usually would not have the energy, and I would have had a multi vitamin...At bedtime I just laid there for a while not sleepy. On that day all I had was a naked fruit green drink (which has chlorella,spirulina, wheat grass and barley in it), and my chlorella tablets, no multi vitamin. I have not taken my multi in a week. It has been 7 days since I started chlorella. Yay..
Good gosh, I need to tip the bottle back and get to work this weekend then! :lol:

I am taking this for energy and stamina...hair growth will be a nice side effect...

Mz DEE DEE

Keeping up with each others progress sounds good.... i ordered mine from VS 2days ago ( jarrows brand) so im up for anything you ladies want to do once my stash gets here

belle_reveuse28

Yes, I find that keeping up with each other's progress is agreeable versus doing a challenge. I can agree that yes, there are challenges all over this board... In essence, though, this one sums all of them up! Hahaha... This is the combo of MSM challenge, biotin challenge, protein challenge, drink your hair to waist length challenge, Japanese secret to hair growth/seaweed challenge, hmm... what else... Nuff said, right!

soonergirl

anybody struggling with constipation from taking Chlorella?

In the beginning I was going everyday, now it has slowed, so I am trying to tweak it a little. I am taking 3grams a day... I may lower it a tad or just keep it where it is...And by the way the poop when it happens is green. I dont know why it slowed all of a sudden... I am upping my water intake and will be taking the powder soon.

belle_reveuse28

In the beginning I was going everyday, now it has slowed, so I am trying to tweak it a little. I am taking 3grams a day... I may lower it a tad or just keep it where it is...And by the way the poop when it happens is green. I dont know why it slowed all of a sudden... I am upping my water intake and will be taking the powder soon.

Same here.. .BTW, absolutely gorgeous hair... Love it!

TdotGirl

So I'm taking the NOW Foods Chlorella powder and it's actually not bad at all. If you take it with some juice you can hardly taste it. I was thinking that I'd have such a hard time drinking this stuff, but not at all! It was very smooth going down.

I agree. That's the brand that I take too.

Also, for some of you ladies asking about multi-vitamins, I still take my centrum chewables because I'm so use to popping them before my meals.