Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

:giggle: It was I!!!

I love strawberry banana juice and thought it would be cool to mix chlorella in it. :nono: Never again! I think when the juice has to much flavour it's even worse!

Apple juice is really good with it!

At least I know any strawberry or banna, or combinations will come out badly, so thanks for letting us know.

kandake

I just read my box and realized that one serving size (10 pills) totals 2 g. Does anyone take 10 pills? (I have the Source Naturals with the CFG).

I'm going to try and start out with 5 pills a day.

Don't want to give TMI, but I went running to the bathroom and it looked sort of different. Sorry ladies! Would I see results so soon from just three pills?

I have the Source Naturals. The first time I took 5 tablets because I was uncertain of what would happen. Yesterday I went ahead and took the 10 tablets. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I maintain a pretty healthy diet, with a fair amount of fresh fruits and veggies so that may the reason why it didn't send me to bathroom.

luckiestdestiny

I have the Source Naturals. The first time I took 5 tablets because I was uncertain of what would happen. Yesterday I went ahead and took the 10 tablets. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I maintain a pretty healthy diet, with a fair amount of fresh fruits and veggies so that may the reason why it didn't send me to bathroom.

I think the 10 probably put you at 2 gms as I take source naturals...if you have the type I have. For most people it would not be a problem unless you're very sensitive...are you already thinking of an increase to 3g?:grin:

kandake

I think the 10 probably put you at 2 gms as I take source naturals...if you have the type I have. For most people it would not be a problem unless you're very sensitive...are you already thinking of an increase to 3g?:grin:

I'm going to stay at the 2g. for the rest of the week. Then I'll up it.

I've had a lot of energy today. I'm usually very sluggish and low energy. I know this stuff can't be working that fast.

luckiestdestiny

I've had a lot of energy today. I'm usually very sluggish and low energy. I know this stuff can't be working that fast.

Why yes it can. That's the CFG working. I had the same thing happen, and I have a thyroid illness so I know about sluggish energy! I actually had more (not super) but knowing what I normally deal with, it was a God send. It's one thing Babydollhair stated in the beginning, and she's been using this product for a while. She likes it because of the immediate benefits. All my research also points to Chlorella's ability to immediately benefit the body.

IndianAngel22

Ok so I ordered the Jarrow 2lb chlorella - 5g p/ teaspoon- and it should be here anytime soon.

When it comes I think I’ll take it before bedtime. I’ll be starting off with a teaspoon then work my way up to 5...YES 5!!!!! that’s 25g of chlorella, but I’ll increase it each month. I’m also going to be adding chia seeds as well. I’ll put together a good regime and go from there.

I’m just going to take a teaspoon of in with water and drink without tasting anything, this could taste like stool, I don’t care, ad long as my hair grows!!

WOW. That sounds scary. lol

Muse

Ok it seems there are a lot of posts popping up lately about the hair growth rates of different races and most people seem to agree that Asians have the fastest growth rate. So while I'm reading these threads and patiently waiting for my Chlorella I'm smiling thinking *I'm gonna have Asian growth rate soon* LOL!:lachen:
Anywho, I never got into the growth aids floating around on the board but even if this does not work for my hair I can say that LHCF introduced me to something that will improve my overall health. Can't really say that for MT,BT, etc.:nono:

AtlantaJJ

Is this a popular brand?

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

i have been on chlorella off and on for a couple months now....i love it bcos it keeps me regular, i havent noticed any effects on my hair (im usually not that observant:lachen:) and also i have natural hair with over 70% shrinkage and i havent straightened in a while. Anywho the only side effects are know are green stool (sorry TMI) and when u 1st start taking it, it has a mild laxative effect. It is considered one of the Superfoods and it contains aminos and chlorophyll. Im up for a challenge bcos here lately ive been consistent with taking it, its just so expensive for my student wallet:)
This is a great summary!

AtlantaJJ

Okay ladies,
I know I'm overloading you with articles, but this one is about how much chlorella can be taken. That's a question everyone has asked. I know babydollhair takes 3 gm and got excellent growth but surprisingly it's recommended to take even more. BUT if you read through the article it says NOT to take it all at once, to increase it slowly.

http://www.chlorellafactor.com/chlorella-spirulina-30.html
Chlorella
Disease-fighting dose: 10 grams / day
Maintenance dose: 5 grams / day

Upper limit: there is no upper limit, but introduce chlorella into your diet gradually and monitor your stools. Since chlorella can result in mild diarrhea in some persons, introduce it slowly. (Your body will adapt over a period of a few weeks, allowing you to take more.)

Once again, most people take far too little of these foods. I've seen people take two tiny tablets of chlorella -- about 300mg -- and declare they've "taken my chlorella for the day!" That's like eating one bite of broccoli and expecting to receive the full health benefits of broccoli.

In order to be effective, you've got to take the much larger doses mentioned above. If you buy chlorella in tiny tablets, as it is often sold, that means taking a handful of tablets with each meal. Here's a tip: don't count out the tablets every single time. Count them once so you know what five grams looks like. After that, just grab a handful and toss it down your throat. It doesn't matter if it's off by a few tablets. Remember: these aren't drugs. You don't have to be exact about it, just make sure you're getting at least the doses mentioned above.

There's no harm in taking more, of course. Aside from the health benefits I've described here, the main thing you'll notice is that your stools will turn green. This is an indication that you're getting a good dose of chlorella into your diet. If your stools aren't green, you aren't taking enough.
I have the little tablets, I would have to take 30 to get 6 grams...I'll be getting the powder next time :grin:

luckiestdestiny

I have the little tablets, I would have to take 30 to get 6 grams...I'll be getting the powder next time :grin:

That's what I'm talking!!! I think when you first get into it, it's okay to take the tablets, but eventually when you get up in the grams, it's better, and more economical to take the powder. I'm going to try mine w/ the apple sauce, like I mentioned earlier in the thread.

luckiestdestiny

Ok it seems there are a lot of posts popping up lately about the hair growth rates of different races and most people seem to agree that Asians have the fastest growth rate. So while I'm reading these threads and patiently waiting for my Chlorella I'm smiling thinking *I'm gonna have Asian growth rate soon* LOL!:lachen:
Anywho, I never got into the growth aids floating around on the board but even if this does not work for my hair I can say that LHCF introduced me to something that will improve my overall health. Can't really say that for MT,BT, etc.:nono:

That's what I was thinking about this. Worse case scenario, my health is better. However I'm pretty confident after all the reading about this, that it will help hair growth. Probably we will have to adjust our doses as each person's body will require a different amount. However, the great part is that we will be getting all the nutrients our bodies need.

song_of_serenity

I got my sun chlorella and spirulina... :sekret:

So I should take both, right? You ladies are SO helpful. And yes, sun was very expensive, but I think it is worth it and per day, it doesn't cost THAT much in the long run. Will start off slow and then update!!
~*Janelle~*

Lebiya

Wow. Talk about ambitious. I was planning on increasing mine to 8-10 slowly as that is the "disease fighting level" where you notice extraordinary change. As I have thyroid disease, I thought maybe this could help with that and I could get lots of hair growth too.

The good thing about chlorella is you can't have too much, but my goodness woman, what are you trying to do, have hair down to your knees by tomorrow?:lachen:
Please keep us in the know, because I definitely want to follow your journey. I'll stick to my original plan. I'm already at 4 and I am excited about how fast my nails and hair are growing, so I can only imagine when I double that.

lol..yup, girl im on a mission!

The only thing that can stop me is having a detox problem, making my belly run like a tap...but I dont care about the taste

luckiestdestiny

I got my sun chlorella and spirulina... :sekret:

So I should take both, right? You ladies are SO helpful. And yes, sun was very expensive, but I think it is worth it and per day, it doesn't cost THAT much in the long run. Will start off slow and then update!!
~*Janelle~*
Can't really speak for the spirulina. Most ladies are just doing chlorella. Keep us updated!

luckiestdestiny

http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx
Will Chlorella give me energy?
Yes. As the body begins to get these pure nutrients that it must have to function properly, increased vitality and energy will certainly follow. Spirulina is also a very potent source of energy. A gram or two of Chlorella or Spirulina in the morning will provide the body with lots of energy. However, unlike sugar, caffeine or other "energy pick-me-ups", Chlorella and Spirulina do not lift you up then let you down soon after because they are not drugs of any sort. They are pure nutrients. They last much long and since they are pure nutrients, there is never a let-me-down or "low feeling" afterward. This is also true of Ionized Water.

kandake

http://watershed.net/ch-faq.aspx
Will Chlorella give me energy?
Yes. As the body begins to get these pure nutrients that it must have to function properly, increased vitality and energy will certainly follow. Spirulina is also a very potent source of energy. A gram or two of Chlorella or Spirulina in the morning will provide the body with lots of energy. However, unlike sugar, caffeine or other "energy pick-me-ups", Chlorella and Spirulina do not lift you up then let you down soon after because they are not drugs of any sort. They are pure nutrients. They last much long and since they are pure nutrients, there is never a let-me-down or "low feeling" afterward. This is also true of Ionized Water.

Thanks!

You are on it. LOL

yodie

I took 15 of the little tablets. So, that's like 3 grams. Think I'll try the powder next time.
Any of you ladies mix the tablets into your smoothie?

Kimbosheart

watch out for those of y'all just starting, the effect it has on your nails is no joke. I just tried to clip mine and it was tough, like clipping a dog's claws. My nails were unusually long for me and very very strong

Zay-neey

WOW! Two Days and my nails are super strong ! and i used to have a split in one of my nails because it broke really badly!NO SPLIT ! the split is gone my nail is finally one! Love chlorella

TdotGirl

I've been taking this for a week now and the habit of ripping my nails are gone because it's too hard to rip them! LOL. They're growing nicely too.

song_of_serenity

The chlorella is advised to be taken 5 pills (per day) the first week, then 10 (per day) the second week (per day) then the advised 15. I took my first 5 just now! :D

Just trying to figure out how to take this sprirulina...yogurt? :/ In my morning shake?
~*Janelle~*