hot weather and Scurl is not the business!

Evolving78

i tried some Scurl on my new growth yesterday. i don't know what the dew point was, but it was hotter than that thang yesterday! :lol: my hair was like straw and crunchy. all of the moisture was sucked out. when i got back in the house and put my scarf, my hair feels soft and moisturized again..?

for those that use Scurl or some other type of juice, do you stay away from it when it is extremely hot outside? what else do you moisturize your hair with?

Maybe it was no humidity, because it has glycerin and with no humidity it had no moisture to suck into your hair

Maybe it was no humidity, because it has glycerin and with no humidity it had no moisture to suck into your hair

i figured as much, but that was my first time experiencing that. just bad timing to use the stuff.

have you had any similar issues? did you have to switch your moisturizer for the summer?

shortdub78, I honestly don't remember having to adjust my life to my hair, ever! So even when I used S Curl, I didn't avoid going outside if I had to be outside. But I'm not one who likes to be in direct sun for long so I don't know if that makes a difference. I only use S Curl when I'm wearing my hair out and it's been over 2 years since I did.

I tried scurl and world of curls and they have way too much glyc for this dry california air.

I just buy pure glyc and put a few drops to a teaspoon in a spray bottle. Anymore than a teaspoon and things get brittle in this climate. I use teas and oils to complete the spray. You could just use distilled water and your oil of choice.

With glyc, you are better served being able to control the amount you introduce to your hair imho. Especially in variable or dry climates.

Hth

Back