Scurl and Jheri Curl type Moisturizers

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I bought the Scurl Moisturizer last night and decided to give it a try.

First I prepooed/washed/deep conditioned my daughter's natural 4a/b hair. I decided to use the scurl on her hair and she got great results! It was so easy to comb with her hair saturated (thanks MsPortugal!) and it left it soft and moist! /images/graemlins/wink.gif It was still soft this morning. The true test is today when she comes home completely dry.

I was feeling a little daring and decided to set my hair in flat twists for a twistout.[let me interject here: I am about 11 wks post and by now my twistouts stop working...duh and I know this! Just hardheaded! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif]

This morning my hair is COMPLETELY LIFELESS!:( Of course my twist out was droopy and pitiful as ever... I just pinned it up. My hair feels coated and not very moisturized at all. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Do these kind of moisturizers work best for some naturals, buns, wash 'n gos and the baggie method?

Those of you who do use this, what do you use it for and how has it worked for you?

~op~

I use s-curl as a moisturizer. I used it when I had braids and my hair was extra moisturized!! I also use it now that I'm just sportin my curly fro. It keeps my curls moisturized and defined and my hair is really soft. It's the best product i've used thus far.

Naptrl said: "I also use it now that I'm just sportin my curly fro. It keeps my curls moisturized and defined"

What's your hair type Naptrl?

~op~

I use S-Curl No Drip Activator and Moisturizer for my braidouts. I love it for my braidouts. I tried it once with a rollerset and my hair turned out awesome after my hair dried. S-Curl leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I have used it as a moisturizer for a scrunched look and didnt really like it then, my hair was al scraggly looking. But for braidouts, its the bomb! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Now that I'm thinking about it....I think I need to clarify. It's been some time now.

I'll clarify and try it again.

~op~

[ QUOTE ]
onepraying said:
Naptrl said: "I also use it now that I'm just sportin my curly fro. It keeps my curls moisturized and defined"

What's your hair type Naptrl?

~op~

[/ QUOTE ]
Onepraying,I really don't know! I think I have some 3c/4a/4b mix. When I wash it, it has lots of little curls... Some parts really curly, some spirals, some just a poof /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Back