Hot Water + Kanekalon Hair=permanent curl?

soslychic

I was wanting to curl the ends of my kanekalon braids, but I read that rolling and dipping in hot water would create a PERMANENT curl. I really only wanted them curled for about a week and then wanted to wash them out. Can you wash out curls created in this way or are they there to stay?
Is there any other way to form a temporary curl/crimp like putting the braid in larger fat braid when wet and letting dry?

Thanks everybody!

Karonica

Don't quote me on this, but I think once you dip them in hot water, even once the curls drop out, it may stay crimped. I don't know if the fiber will go back to its original straightness.

MoezThunder

[ QUOTE ]
ChoclatePrincess said:
My experience has been that if you dip it back in hot water it will be straight again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have worn braids before that I braided to together to makes waves and put on sponge rollers to make curls. Thw hot water is your catalyst. It will curl, wave, and re-straighten.

lisatamika

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
I have worn braids before that I braided to together to makes waves and put on sponge rollers to make curls. Thw hot water is your catalyst. It will curl, wave, and re-straighten.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right. You can curl, wave and re-straighten as much as you like
. I always put a little vaseline on my end before I dip them because I like that "fresh dipped" look all the time

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
ChoclatePrincess said:
My experience has been that if you dip it back in hot water it will be straight again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

I also use caruso steam rollers to achieve the curly look with kanekalon hair. This way the curls just sort of go away after about a week.

LEOLADYSW

I have even used steam to take away curls from my phony ponies to wear them straight. I have also put them in curlers and steamed them -- let them dry, and voila -- curls again.