How Harmful is Scalding Hot Water To Your Hair?

gabulldawg

I would just like to know. I may have accidentally exposed some of my hair to boiling hot water (trying to curl the ends of some cornrow extentions) and I think I let some of my hair get in the hot water by accident. :sad: I'm tryin not to worry about it, but I would like to know what kind of damage I am looking forward to. :ohwell: Thanks for any information you can provide. I will be posting pics of the braids tomorrow by the way.

Diya

Hope you didn't burn yourself! :nono:

I would say that as long as the hot water didn't touch your scalp, you're not looking at any permanent damage. Your hair probably would have reacted to scalding hot water the same way it would to a hot flat iron or curling iron, so I doubt any major damage was done, especially if the exposure time was short. I'm no hair doctor or anything, but I'd say you're A-OK ;)

gabulldawg

Hope you didn't burn yourself! :nono:

I would say that as long as the hot water didn't touch your scalp, you're not looking at any permanent damage. Your hair probably would have reacted to scalding hot water the same way it would to a hot flat iron or curling iron, so I doubt any major damage was done, especially if the exposure time was short. I'm no hair doctor or anything, but I'd say you're A-OK ;)

Thanks a lot, Diya. That was helpful! It wasn't too long maybe a minute or so. And no I didn't hurt myself actually, which is a surprise since I'm usually a klutz! :drunk:

Leslie_C

I agree..the hot water shouldnt be any worse than a curling iron....water boils at 100c...I know a lot of ppl use flat irons at 300+. It will be ok!:yep:

gabulldawg

LOL. Okay, MY bad! I guess I was kinda freakin out. I tend to do that a long, especially with my hair lately!! I can barely enjoy the braids because I'm worried about my real hair!! :wallbash: Anyway, thanks a lot for the responses. I appreciate it.