curling kanekalon hair

SugarPie

Hey ladies

i know there's a thread somewhere in the archives about this but it didnt really answer my question. I just got braids done and the stylist curled the ends but it ended up looking like curls found on a 6 yr old. (if you know what i mean) it just looked childish.:wallbash: so i relaxed the curls by dipping the ends in boiling hot water and it looked fine :grin:....until my hair dried.:wallbash: now the ends just look raggedy. long story short... i want to curl the ends again or at least make them look wavy/presentable. Do any of you know how to curl kanekalon hair and if you do, how do you go about it? What do you use? whats the procedure?

thanks in advance!!

Lucky's Mom

I know!!!:hiya:

So - you can put a bit of baby oil - or Vasaline:rolleyes: ( it works on Kaneaklon)

and then re dip...

You could also -

Spray your ends with water...

And then use a blow Dryer and a round Brush....
Fabulous ends....

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I use to braid the braids and dip in hot (not boiling, but heated on the stove) for a few seconds, maybe 30. But when it dries it can get dry looking. I think the only why it didn't look dry is when I got that type of hair is when the braider would blow dry the braiding hair first. It stretches it and smoothes it.

msa

I say braid section of the braids and dip them, it comes out wavy, which is always how I used to do mine. If you braid it tight, it comes out in tighter waves....braid looser and get looser waves.

Now for the shine. Put olive oil in the water when you put it on the stove. I've been doing it for years. It works like a charm. Your braids will end up shiny and soft. And, it doesn't smell bad or anything after.

SugarPie

ooo thank you ladies these are great ideas. do any of you actually curl the hair though? do yall use certain curlers and dip them in hot water

also when i got my braids done, the stylist dipped the ends in hot water first then curled them and redipped it in hot water. do i have to dip the ends in hot water first and then braid them and redip?

ToyToy

Wow, I didn't know you could do so many things with Kanekalon hair!! I get my braids curled, but the old fashioned way: rebraid the hair in sections and dipping them into hot (not boiling) water for a few seconds. I get nice curls out of that, though. I may try putting some vaseline/oil on the ends though, like samanthajones suggested.