Honey for hair

greenandchic

greenandchic

No, you don't have to sit in the sun with it. However, if you are going to be outdoors and you want to speed up the action, you can squeeze fresh lemons into the mix. I did this years ago, and after a whole day at the beach or in a park, my natural highlights were much lighter. Haven't done that in years though. I've been fighting my sandy hair each winter - trying to figure out how to darken it naturally. This year, however, I'm gonna roll with with what God gave me :yep:

WARNING: If you have dry hair, don't use much lemon juice - it will turn your hair to straw. If your hair is normal/oily, you can use more. Just be sure to DC before and after a natural bleach job.

This.

And if you use lemon juice, wash it out after you get the desired color; don't just don't leave it in until wash day. It will make your hair dry as a desert, but it works FWIW.

greenandchic

I used honey on my hair several months ago - when I last posted here, and it did lighten my hair - more than I though it would. I just put it in several sections as if I was highlighting it and it did its job. My hair naturally lightens in the sun so the honey may not be that much of a stretch. I don't plan on doing it again because I'm too afraid of the color results.

jprayze

I used honey on my hair several months ago - when I last posted here, and it did lighten my hair - more than I though it would. I just put it in several sections as if I was highlighting it and it did its job. My hair naturally lightens in the sun so the honey may not be that much of a stretch. I don't plan on doing it again because I'm too afraid of the color results.

greenandchic Thanks for sharing your results. I am going to try the honey by itself and see what happens. I actually have used sun-in for about 2 years off and on and my naturally dark brown hair is overall lighter brown with some honey brown highlights. I'm looking at honey as a way to replace the sun-in because I know it cant be part of my healthy hair journey.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have been (inconsistently) using Agave Nectar. I've been putting like a Teaspoon in some of my DC'ers, but not on a Regular basis tho'.

I like it.

But.....I just like for products to stand on their own so I don't normally mix Oils etc... in my DC'ers.

gn1g

I found that honey certainly lifts the color in your hair kind of by accident. I did a tea rinse using Lipton Green tea Honey and wow my hair turned and ashy brown/blond.

I also used honey to smooth my edges, however it turned my hair line blonde (ugly) . I am using a real pretty brown to resolve the hair line issue.