Honey for Hair

05girl

Hey, what affect does the use of honey have on hair? Would a honey treatment be affective and useful on low porous hair?

ms.blue

I have low porosity and I add honey to my deep conditioners to increase moisture to my hair. Honey is also an antibacterial substance so it is really good for the scalp too.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I used honey during my first year but stopped after it was mentioned it can have a lightening effect on the hair. I've since found conditioners that do the trick without having to add honey. I also have low porosity hair.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Honey acts as a humectant. I used to use it on my hair all the time. I'm too lazy to mix stuff nowadays, so I stopped using it when I changed to more effective conditioners.

Krystle~Hime

divachyk

it losts its colouring properties when it's heated, so you can have no worries about it if you do it in this way !
(a few mins in microwave !)

DaiseeDay

I used honey during my first year but stopped after it was mentioned it can have a lightening effect on the hair. I've since found conditioners that do the trick without having to add honey. I also have low porosity hair.

If you put it in the microwave the peroxide doesn't work anymore.

I have low porosity hair too and I love honey. Where I live it's perfect humectant weather, so honey works great. I like to do a simple honey and EVOO steam treatment - it leaves my hair feeling awesome. You could also find a humectant conditioner for the same effect.

Embyra

i have been using it for a couple months now coconut milk honey olive oil yoghurt great DC for hair

i definitely notice a difference i also use cold water to rinse it out never warm/hot