Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Lovingmywaves12

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

@Lovingmywaves12 I'm cheap too.. I've wanted one of those shirts for years but can't bring myself to hit the pay button:nono:

Nix08,

Im going to make some adjustments to mine when I get it. It's all nice to know how many inches and stuff, but that is not telling me how close (or far) I am to my goal. So I will mark on mine when I get it, where BSB, MBL & WL are on the shirt. That way I can see what's going on.

The one I bought, goes to 20 inches, which is longer than I have seen on a few of them. If I get to the 20in mark on this shirt, its time to stop tracking and start SWANGIN', LOL.

Aireen

Going to wash my hair tonight, pretty soon actually. I've gotten so lazy when it comes to taking vitamins, was OVER popping pills but I'm going to start again and put a reminder on my phone or something.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Welp! Sitting hear doing a S&D. Trying to keep my ends in check. I think I'm obsessed with keping my ends in check. I mean, I just did a trim not long ago and one about a month before that. I think since I don't have to worry about a line of demarcation anymore, I've moved on to my ends. I didn't really find any tonight but I did clip ends that looked like they could turn into splits. Hey, better to nip it in the bud now than wait until it actually splits. :look:

Later tonight, I plan to do an overnight moisturizing deep conditioning. My last DC was amazing so, I'd like to do the same tonight. I'll DC in twists and then work on retwisting tomorrow along with my regular m&s routine.

Aireen

Okay I put the reminder on my phone, I'm going to be taking my vitamins most days but if I'm not up for taking anything, I'll skip. Nbd.

mayoo

Just decided that I will be setting myself a "Bun Until March" challenge :grin:
Wish me luck!

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own

Do it ladies!!!!

I'm just sending good thoughts and karma your way.
I am no way, no how, in this challenge. HL would probably be a "in the next life" goal for me. :yep:

I am workin' for, beggin', hopin', praying' and fastin' for BSL/MBL by 2014. :grin:

Lovingmywaves12

Do it ladies!!!!

I'm just sending good thoughts and karma your way.
I am no way, no how, in this challenge. HL would probably be a "in the next life" goal for me. :yep:

I am workin' for, beggin', hopin', praying' and fastin' for BSL/MBL by 2014. :grin:

LOL ^^^^^ no ham, no ma'am, no thank you :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Aireen

My friend says my hair is growing longer. Her exact words, "EVERYTIME I SEE YOU, YOUR HAIR'S LONGER. I'M GETTING MAD!" LOL, she meant it in an endearing way, little things like that just make it easier to keep growing and taking care of my hair. :yawn: :grin: :lol: :drunk: I'm very inspired and now I know taking my vitamins is worth it.

Shadiyah

I have been dc as much as I can. I want to keep my hair moisturize and detangled.

Aireen

I have been dc as much as I can. I want to keep my hair moisturize and detangled.
When I first started my hair journey I did that. I used to DC all the time and kept in a DC for days if I could. I probably won't go back to that ever again but it really helped my hair thicken up.

Lovingmywaves12

Excuse me ladies,

I asked this question in another theead and didnt get a response. How are the RELAXED ladies getting thick hair? When I was relaxed, my hair felt thin for the first 36 hours, then it would go to the hair I know, THICK!!!! I will admit, Im slightly jealous of the hair... it has me seriously considering going back to relaxed. But seeeing as how I will be in conrows for the next 18 or so months to make this challenge, there is no rush.

Any relaxed ladies care to help me understand??? TIA

Angel of the North

Excuse me ladies,

I asked this question in another theead and didnt get a response. How are the RELAXED ladies getting thick hair? When I was relaxed, my hair felt thin for the first 36 hours, then it would go to the hair I know, THICK!!!! I will admit, Im slightly jealous of the hair... it has me seriously considering going back to relaxed. But seeeing as how I will be in conrows for the next 18 or so months to make this challenge, there is no rush.

Lovingmywaves12 Maybe this thread will be of some use to you

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=555485

mayoo

My friend says my hair is growing longer. Her exact words, "EVERYTIME I SEE YOU, YOUR HAIR'S LONGER. I'M GETTING MAD!" LOL, she meant it in an endearing way, little things like that just make it easier to keep growing and taking care of my hair. :yawn: :grin: :lol: :drunk: I'm very inspired and now I know taking my vitamins is worth it.

Aireen

Lol, the same thing happened to me. My friend who's contemplating starting her hair journey said "Your hair looks longer everyday".
I was sooooo happy that I almost cried lol

bride91501

Is it too late for me to join? Hopefully not :)

Current length + hair type
BSL, natural 4b

Regimen
Lady P's DMM - wearing cornrows under wigs for 4 weeks at a time
Cowash & apply MT every other night
Light PT & DC 1x week
M&S daily
Shampoo & Henna monthly
Daily Multivitamin, MSM (for joints)

Plans to get to HL
Stick to my reggie, exercise, protective style

HL goal date
August 2014

Plans once HL is achieved
This will probably be where I maintain, so I plan to enjoy my hair alot more. Block some views at the movies, accidently slap someone with my twists...you know, stuff like that.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Excuse me ladies,

I don't know. Lol
My hair still feels thick after a fresh relaxer & I still can't wear it out unless I put a flat iron to it. smh

Aireen

The link provided is a good source, @Lovingmywaves12. I don't rememeber if I posted in there but what helped me personally was:

- Stretching relaxers
- Air-drying (I'm not doing this currently, I go through phases.)
- Dusting ends
- Conditioning my hair with protein
- Making sure my hair is in a detangled state
- Taking vitamins (Just in case you're not getting enough of a nutrient your body needs.)
- Stop worrying/comparing/contrasting (As long as you're taking care of your hair, doing all you can and it's responding positively, it's going to look beautiful regardless. There are some thinner haired relaxed heads that have gorgeous hair.)

* * *​

You're lucky, @mayoo. I have 2 friends with badly damaged hair and I don't think they're particularly interested in discovering if they can fix it. D;

Jewell

My hair is still thick after a relaxer, but then I stretch for 5 mos at a time, only use mild lye relaxers, and leave it texlaxed (minimal processing). I also PS most of the time, air dry exclusively (no heat of any kind is applied to my hair), and finger comb a lot. All these things leave the hair thicker and under less stress.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Wondering what I'm going to do w/ HL hair....

Interesting to see but most likely wont last long....

OR maybe HL wont be enough & I'll just keep growing.....

sharifeh

I showered in the gym today so I could steam my hair in the steam room. I don't own a steamer at home. I steamed with qhemets moringa. I had to use the blow dryer for a bit after because I didn't want to go outside with completely soaking wet hair :ohwell:

I need to take my vitamins and I need to re-up MSM for hair and joints. I've always tried the pills but i heard liquid is more potent. I'm going to try some of the liquid stuff next.

I also need to drink some more water