Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

Janet'

regina07 That's what we're here for!!!!

Ladies, I went back and added all of us MBL ladies to a sub-section for some extra :fairy: Since it appears that we have the longest to go--we've got lots of ladies who are already WL, nearing in on WHIP length...But we're down for the challenge too!!!!

FoxxyLocs

I'm simplifying my regimen for 2012. Instead of pre-pooing with my aloe mix I'll just use oil - less mess. Also I'll detangle after washing instead of before. If I'm bunning I don't detangle at all. I'm giving up on AOHSR and going back to Suave. I used to mix that with olive oil and honey to DC and always got good results. I don't like the AO conditioner. I don't feel like my hair is retaining moisture as well when I use it. I do still like my homemade DC, but sometimes I don't feel like making it. I need to cut down on the time I spend on my hair each week.

regina07

I'm simplifying my regimen for 2012. Instead of pre-pooing with my aloe mix I'll just use oil - less mess. Also I'll detangle after washing instead of before. If I'm bunning I don't detangle at all. I'm giving up on AOHSR and going back to Suave. I used to mix that with olive oil and honey to DC and always got good results. I don't like the AO conditioner. I don't feel like my hair is retaining moisture as well when I use it. I do still like my homemade DC, but sometimes I don't feel like making it. I need to cut down on the time I spend on my hair each week.

Oh girl, I hear ya on this! And I probably have 1/4 the hair you have so I can only imagine what you go through.

FoxxyLocs

Yeah I can't do it either. I have to wet my hair every week, but I can't go through the whole wash day routine. I don't have that kind of time. Wet bunning is very quick. I put a lot of oil and conditioner in my bun b/c I don't take it down during the week to moisturize. The only bun I like is a high bun, but it makes me look like I'm in the ballet, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Janet'

Yeah I can't do it either. I have to wet my hair every week, but I can't go through the whole wash day routine. I don't have that kind of time. Wet bunning is very quick. I put a lot of oil and conditioner in my bun b/c I don't take it down during the week to moisturize. The only bun I like is a high bun, but it makes me look like I'm in the ballet, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Yes! And I wet my hair everyday--I do wash and go ponys...and i use leave-in conditioner and Hot Six Oil...

niqu92

i'd like to join

im currently BSL...i dunno if i can make it to HL by 2012 but i guess its worth a shot lol

every sat or sun im going to wash with Hair one (olive oil)&DC with my beloved martix biolage conditioning balm
once a week i will co-wash with Hair one
i will clarify as needed
i will do protein treatments every 6weeks

i plan on staying in braidouts i will only straighten when i get touch-ups and for special events

im trying to keep my regimen as simple&heat free as possible so i can get back to at least MBL by April-May

NJoy

Here I grow again!
i'm in. I need to stay away from scissors. I just cut off a few inches.
i'm pregnant and have no waist so i'm just going to skip waist length lol

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: shampoo 1x week, cowash a few days a week, henna every 4-6 weeks.
Plans: no heat at all, buns all winter and wash & gos when it gets warm
Hip Length Date: december 2012

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Toooooo cuuuuuuute! :lol:

Congratulations, btw. :yep:

regina07

That's why I. JUST. CANT. WASH. EVERY. WEEK. :look: :look: Don't judge me, ladies :confused:

No judgement but a question --- how do you keep your scalp from rioting???? After a week, I feel like I have French peasants storming the Bastille on my scalp! That's how I know it's time to wash. If I could move out wash day to 10 days, I'd be happy.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
No judgement but a question --- how do you keep your scalp from rioting???? After a week, I feel like I have French peasants storming the Bastille on my scalp! That's how I know it's time to wash. If I could move out wash day to 10 days, I'd be happy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Janet'

Um, I guess because I wet my hair/scalp everyday to do wash and gos...I don't wash my hair often and when I do wash I use WEN (a cleansing conditioner)...I figured out a long time ago that excessive washing for me (using a regular sulfate shampoo really dried out my hair).

bigbrowneyez

So I'm 10 weeks post and I was planning to relax in December but I think i wanna try and wait til I'm closer to WL. Longest stretch has been 14 weeks so we shall see. I cornrowed my hair today and I'm gonna try and leave it like that for the next three weeks. Then I'll flat iron for the holidays and go from there.

brg240

so for 2012 i think instead of doing diy protein treatments i'm going to get a good a good protein conditioner and treatment. So I'll be shelling out more cash next year. :(

do any of you have pics with box braids without added hair? I feel like i've asked this somewhere on the forum before.

Carrie A

Well the good thing about this weekend is that I tried steaming with turbie towels method. It wasn't perfect but the steaming I got helped I believe. I'm really loving Qhemet conditioning ghee and I believe steaming will give even better results. I did the porosity strand test and my hair floated (half completely outside the water) for over a week until I just ended the test.

Bun Mistress

I did a cut last month, so I'm at MBL again, I'm going to grow and hope and cheer from the sidelines. Cause I know my hair grows slow.

bebezazueta

I'm in retention mode now! Baggy buns and overnite baggying.

Since I have to retain at least 5 inches next year, I'm stepping my game up.
- monthly henna
-scalp massages 2-3 times a week
-cowashing 2-3 times a week
-hair vitamin, chlorella & spirulina
-no direct heat

I did the above the first 7 months of my HHJ & grew & retained 5 inches in 7 months!

I need a repeat Lawd!

FoxxyLocs

I don't oil my scalp at all between washes b/c my hair is so thick it makes it difficult. After a week it starts to itch. I usually just rinse it in the shower, DC, or deal with until I have time to do something to it. There are times when I can go longer than so week without itching, so if I can I will. I never go longer than 2 weeks without doing some kind of wash.

Sent from my HTC Evo

regina07

Janet', FoxxyLocs -- Now I get it! For me, if I wet my hair, I wet my scalp and that leads me to 2.5 hrs of work. I can't deal with wet hair in the winter. I can do wng in the summer. I think I also have an oily scalp so maybe that adds to the itch after a week. If I understand correctly, y'all wet your hair but don't wash it, right?

prospurr4 -- thank you! I'd give up a few inches to have a head of curls like yours, tho.

bebezazueta -- you can do it! You did it once and worked out the kinks. What's chlorella and spirulina good for?

LaVgirl

Janet' regina07 Thank you!

brg240 I attached a photo of my box braided hair from 2007. The braids were quite a few weeks old. Sorry I couldn't find another one, I only started taking photos of my hair purposely this year.

I also have a big problem when I skip my weekly washes. I really would like to start washing bi-weekly. It's too much work to do every single week when I'm in school. I don't get the itchies but around that 6th or 7th day since the last wash, my scalp starts flaking right in the front. Big, giant flakes lol. Like my scalp is peeling. :nono:

Attachments

• Aug-Sept 2007daisies.jpg
    Aug-Sept 2007daisies.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 78

regina07

Well dang, this is brilliant! This might help me extend my co-washes 10 days!!! Never crossed my mind to do a 'water-shampoo' for my scalp and pass on putting product on it. Talk about opening up a new world at the gym (lord knows I hate taking product to the gyme and going through the process). thanks for the clarification!

@regina07 - When I wet my hair it's under the shower head, so it's fully soaked. I rub my scalp like I'm shampooing and then I bun.

Sent from my HTC Evo

FoxxyLocs

Glad to help! I normally spray on a liquid leave in and seal with some oil, or sometimes I just put a little conditioner on it and bun. If I have been using a lot of oil I can get away with putting zero product at all. Maybe you could take a small container of oil to seal with vs carrying a lot of other products to do your whole routine?

Sent from my HTC Evo

Janet'

I don't oil my scalp at all between washes b/c my hair is so thick it makes it difficult. After a week it starts to itch. I usually just rinse it in the shower, DC, or deal with until I have time to do something to it. There are times when I can go longer than so week without itching, so if I can I will. I never go longer than 2 weeks without doing some kind of wash.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Girl, I wash on average once every 4 weeks but like FoxxyLocs I wet my hair fully and rinse off any residual from the day...

Janet', FoxxyLocs -- Now I get it! For me, if I wet my hair, I wet my scalp and that leads me to 2.5 hrs of work. I can't deal with wet hair in the winter. I can do wng in the summer. I think I also have an oily scalp so maybe that adds to the itch after a week. If I understand correctly, y'all wet your hair but don't wash it, right?
prospurr4 -- thank you! I'd give up a few inches to have a head of curls like yours, tho.

Exactly!!!

bebezazueta -- you can do it! You did it once and worked out the kinks. What's chlorella and spirulina good for?

Janet' regina07 Thank you!

brg240 I attached a photo of my box braided hair from 2007. The braids were quite a few weeks old. Sorry I couldn't find another one, I only started taking photos of my hair purposely this year.

I also have a big problem when I skip my weekly washes. I really would like to start washing bi-weekly. It's too much work to do every single week when I'm in school. I don't get the itchies but around that 6th or 7th day since the last wash, my scalp starts flaking right in the front. Big, giant flakes lol. Like my scalp is peeling. :nono:

LaVgirl, if my scalp didn't cooperate, I would definitely wash more often!

FoxxyLocs

LaVgirl - Do you oil your scalp b/t washes? I don't now, but when I did it definitely helped with flaking and allowed me to extend my washes. Tea tree oil is wonderful for this but it smells awful. Maybe there is something you can mix it with to neutralize the smell?

Sent from my HTC Evo

ImFree27

I keep reading this thread, I think I'm going to join.
Current Length: MBL
Regimen:Wash, DC, ACV/Tea Rinse, Moisturize, braid once to two weeks and wear wigs every day, put Sulfur Oil on nightly.
Plans:Just continue to stick to my regimen
Hip Length Date TBD

Janet'

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: Happy Thursday--OMGee, It's Dec 1, that means only about 4 more weeks before we officially start this thing off right!!!! :dance7: :bouncy: :dance7: :bouncy: