Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

FoxxyLocs

regina07 - If I'm dusting, I twist my hair in small to medium twists and clip the ends. For this trim I blow dried with the tension method, then flat ironed on 350. I just snipped the scraggly end off of each section. It's not even at all, lol. I'll eventually get a professional trim, but it's not necessary right now. Maybe when I do the trim in January I'll go to a salon.

Sent from my HTC Evo

brg240

^^ i think i'll try that

so i was wondering why my hair isn't filling in at all but i realized as i was doing some trimming. I do search and destroy like every week and i really don't bother with trimming a certain length could be an inch, a centimeter or 5 inches. oh well

I've been sick so i didn't bother combing out my hair (which is a necessary for me) for over a week. I just would brush the top and redo the band for my bun and slap some gel/grease on the top. I also didn't moisturize :look: detangled last night took a few hours and i lost quite a bit. My hair was so so matted. :nono: I was afraid i'd have to cut it out. :/

Ms_CoCo37

I'm sitting on my sofa multitasking (surfing the web, and taking my twists down). I need a couple of extra arms.:look:

I'm not sure what my next step will be. I've been baggying for the past couple of days. Now it's time for a wash. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to use for my prepoo. Hmmm...should I use the sulfur mix I made or the conditioner concoction I made...decisions, decisions...

I've been combining hair products due to overstock (pjism in full efffect). I am determined to take all of the vitamins I've purchased over time (before they expire), and use all of the different conditioners I've recently found in my cabinets. I really don't need to purchase any more until these are finished.:look:

Last edited:

Janet'

FoxxyLocs No worries!!!! I'm starting from MBL and I know that the goal of HL is ambitious, but hey--go hard or go home, right? Besides, we'll be in great company!

FoxxyLocs

@FoxxyLocs No worries!!!! I'm starting from MBL and I know that the goal of HL is ambitious, but hey--go hard or go home, right? Besides, we'll be in great company!

I think HL is possible for both of us. Now that TBL challenge... :lachen: Either way I'm not dropping out. I'm going to keep PSing and see how far that takes me. Are you staying in the HYH challenge? I don't think I'm going to join the next one, even though I'll be hiding mostly. I want to be able to post length checks whenever I feel like it, lol.

I still am not getting the hang of this flat ironing thing. I have a hard time getting to my roots, especially in the back. I got my hair straight enough to trim, but not straight enough to wear my hair down. I think I just need to have someone do it for me.

Janet'

FoxxyLocs Yeah, I was trying to get strong-armed into the TBL Challenge but I will definitely be a cheerleader from the sidelines!!!

Yes, I think it's possible...and I agree with you, I probably will not join the HYH Challenge this go round Ms_CoCo37, phat I lease don't kill me! :look: :look: I will definitely be utilizing low manipulation styles, but I am trying to minimize the amount of challenges that I join for 2012.

As far as flat ironing...I fall flat- pun intended...I leave that to the experts!!

Lucia

Janet'
You're not the only one trying to go from MBL to HL

FoxxyLocs
Here's what I do for the roots I brush the section first hold hair taught then tap the flat iron or clamp it a couple of time as close to my scalp as possible without getting burned
This works great people actually ask me if my hairs relaxed. Now if you go out and do some cardio and sweat it out then you'll have to retouch with a blow dryer tension method or the flat iron again.
I keep my hair in a high tight bun to work out when it's straight.
Another way is to get an electric pressing comb and do those roots I saw it in YouTube
I don't mess with the pressing comb.

FoxxyLocs

When I'm flat ironing, each individual section seems straight. But when I'm finished and I put all those sections together, it doesn't look straight at all. I've read on here that the technique is more important than high heat, but I can't figure out what's wrong with my technique. Maybe I do need more heat.

bebezazueta

Janet' I'm hoping to be back at MBL next month. Been scissor happy. :look: so I'll be growing from MBL to HL too which is 5 inches for me. I gotta go hard and no more slacking on my Reggie. WE CAN DO THIS!

LaVgirl

I want in!! Even if I don't make HL by the end of 2012, hopefully I'll be pretty close. I'm also in the WHIP 2012 challenge.

Current Length:
WL, I think. (I will know for sure when I straighten in Dec)
Regimen: Shampoo every 1-2 weeks. Air dry. Protective styling (mostly large twists bunned). Moisturize every 3 days or so.
Plans: Start using JBCO as a growth aid. Be more consistent.
Hip Length Date: December 2012.

regina07

LaVgirl - Welcome!

bebezazueta, Janet' -- Yes you can! I may be joining the sub-group: MBL to HIP after my trim .... which is gonna happen today as soon as my lazy butt gets off the sofa and washes/conditions my hair.

Love clean hair but dang, the 90 min it takes to get there kills me~ oh, add another 45 min to flat iron if I'm trimming/dusting. Good thing I have nothing going on tonite!

regina07

Well, I got off my lazy butt and took care of my hair ... almost 2.5 hours! I did low heat flati iron so my hair isn't fully straight

I'm happy with my hair -- after my shedding scare in Sep/Oct, I wasn't expecting any positive changes but even with the shedding, it's thickening up. And there was a little change in length. Very happy!:yep:

1st 3 pics - before the trim. Last pic - after trim.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 74
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 78
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 79

brg240

Janet' and Ms_CoCo37
thank you both, i am feeling better. Still a little quesy but nothing like i was all last week. Anyway, positive? i think i lost some weight.

when i detangled i put my hair in like 7 braids with the intention to wash but i didn't so now i have to do something with it in like 10 min because i have to get ready for church :perplexed

Carrie A

Is anyone else shedding excessively? I read that fall can be a heavy shed cycle time but idk. I'm not sure if something else is going on.

Janet'

regina07 that was my issue last year...the length wasn't budging but my hair was definitely thickening up. In your case, that's awesome, cause you were worried that you needed might need to trim more than necessary!!! :congrats: to you!!! Looks lovely!

Carrie A I don't think that I've been shedding much, but I've been wearing my hair straight the last two weeks...I will decide how bad the shedding is when I go back to curly, which I should have done yesterday...

Ms_CoCo37

@Carrie A I don't think that I've been shedding much, but I've been wearing my hair straight the last two weeks...I will decide how bad the shedding is when I go back to curly, which I should have done yesterday...

Janet', I was a lazy slug yesterday too. I wound up putting the sulfur mixture in, and got too lazy to wash it out. Now my head smells like boiled eggs, and I have to get ready to go to the Hall in a few minutes.:nono:

Janet'

We're definitely going to be in the same boat. Janet', I'm trying to limit my challenges too. So far I'm only doing this one and the HYH challenge. If I decide to add another, it'll be the HOTS, Oils and Rinses, challenge. I like that one.:lick:

Hmm...I've never heard of the HOTS, Oils and Rinses...I'm assuming the premise would be sealing? That sounds good! See--I gotta get it together trying to minimize my challenges and I'm about to get caught up in another one!!!

I'll add your name to our sub-section...Ms_CoCo37 you're among great gals :lol: :lol:

Janet'

Janet', I was a lazy slug yesterday too. I wound up putting the sulfur mixture in, and got too lazy to wash it out. Now my head smells like boiled eggs, and I have to get ready to go to the Hall in a few minutes.:nono:

OMGee, attack of the smelly hair... I've had that happen many times!!!! I'm trying to finish some schoolwork or else I'm going to have to call in :ohwell::perplexed:blush::look:

leiah

i'm in. I need to stay away from scissors. I just cut off a few inches.
i'm pregnant and have no waist so i'm just going to skip waist length lol

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: shampoo 1x week, cowash a few days a week, henna every 4-6 weeks.
Plans: no heat at all, buns all winter and wash & gos when it gets warm
Hip Length Date: december 2012

regina07

bebezazueta, bigbrowneyez, Janet' -- thank you! Am very thankful for the ladies on this forum bc y'all held my hand during my setback. Sticking with it has been rewarding.

I took an inch off -- I don't know if that's a dusting or a trim -- and had no breakage this morning.

Carrie A -- I had excessive shedding in Sep/Oct and couldn't decide if it was caused by change of season or new birth control pills or both. I upped my daily intake of biotin, MSM and water and that cut down the shedding from 200-400 hairs a day to 20-50 hairs. I stopped taking the pill afterwards so I don't know how much that contributed.

I think it was a dramatic change in season and maybe pre-menopause hormone up&down.

Are you more stressed than usual? Did you change your reggie?