Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

Blessedwithabundance14

Yes! I'm thinking that I will put it out there for anyone who would like to update every quarter (3 months) or so...So, I'm thinking if we start in January, official updates would look like this:

March 15-31
June 15-30
September 15-30
December 15-31

but, of course, you could choose to refrain from updating (if you are in a Hide Your Hair Challenge, etc.) and/or if you happen to relax in between those times, you can update then as well!!! I will edit the first post to reflect official updating dates! Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!!! :yep: :yep: :yep:

I am down for everhy three months for progress checks. I am flat ironing my hair this Friday and well see if I have gained any length. Update pics will follow soon.

JJamiah

I won't be doing the every three months check. Next time will be In December 2012 :) (and probably not until January 2013 :look: ) I know I know.

I am going to do a little trimming through out the year butttt.....

I am going old school :) Every 2 weeks then 1 then 2 then 1. :)

I obviously can't stretch it out further because my hair mats up :(
Not worth it to me. My hair gets very dry, with prolonged stretches beyond a week.

2012 LETS Do this :)

FoxxyLocs

I'm here at my salon appt. The shampoo girl is already trying to sell me on a trim. She just got hers cut from MBL to BSL, and it does look nice, but the answer is still no. She said I need a trim because my ends are rough, which is true. I just don't feel like I need to cut 2 inches off today. They're not terrible, so I'm keeping them. I honestly would get a trim if I didn't think she would cut too much.

Anyway, so far so good. I didn't have to wait, shampoo girl was gentle, and now I'm under the steamer. Stay tuned...

Sent from my HTC Evo

Janet'

FoxxyLocs, please keep us posted!

JJamiah, I understand about the length checks--I am going to use the last October straightening as my length check for the year as I probably won't be straightening again until March/April. I think my starting pic is going to be a curly pic, :lol:

Carrie A

@FoxxyLocs, please keep us posted!

@JJamiah, I understand about the length checks--I am going to use the last October straightening as my length check for the year as I probably won't be straightening again until March/April. I think my starting pic is going to be a curly pic, :lol:

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I may do a rollerset this weekend but won't completely straighten it out. I'll probably post that as my starting come reveal time.

Janet'

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I may do a rollerset this weekend but won't completely straighten it out. I'll probably post that as my starting come reveal time.

The best thing taht I can do is leave my hair alone and let it do its thing...I don't want to sacrifice length just for the sake of a length check...plus, I'm nervous about the amount of growth that I have to get in such a relatively short period of time!

JJamiah

So @JJamiah I have to wait a whole year before I see your hair again! *pokes out lip*

@FoxxyLocs, please keep us posted!

@JJamiah, I understand about the length checks--I am going to use the last October straightening as my length check for the year as I probably won't be straightening again until March/April. I think my starting pic is going to be a curly pic, :lol:

bebezazueta Janet'

I will try for Mid-2012 in June, Then in December. I get overwhelmed with it if I pay attention to it. I hope I am making sense LOL. :nono::look::spinning::drunk: (I drive myself crazy)

FoxxyLocs

Ok, I'm finished with my appointment. I got there at 11 and left at 230. I didn't spend any time waiting at all, which was great because that's one of my salon pet peeves. I got a clarifying shampoo, steam DC (40 min), blow dry (w/round brush), and flat iron (375 F). I said no to the trim and she didn't push, so that was another plus.

My hair looks great and my ends are actually in pretty good shape. I still have about 2 inches that need to go, but theres no sense of urgency. I can trim it off gradually. Overall I'm very happy with my experience, and I'll definitely be going back, probably once a month. I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance.

ETA: Here you go. IDK how to make them smaller, sorry.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
FoxxyLocs

Your hair looks FABULOUS!!! Very healthy looking. I'm glad things worked out well. The stylist did a wonderful job and your hair is beautiful!

brg240

so i straightened my hair in record time today(well yesterday now.) My hair came out straighter from the wash on sunday. Does acv rinse leave hair straighter?

I think i may have fine hair or maybe low density, my hair is so thin straightened.

So I will be trimming my hair back to just under waist length like i did last december and in july. Prayerfully it will come back fuller.

Last edited:

brg240

Janet' not all of them but a good chunk. I'll probably finish trimming them off in feb/march.

The only other thing i did different was use about a cup of mayo on my hair. But since I occasionally will add mayo to my conditioner I didn't think it was that. Maybe it was the direct application and the amount?

Ms_CoCo37

FoxxyLocs, your hair is absolutely stunning! We share the same pet peeves when it comes to going to the salon. I'm glad you had a really good experience!

brg240

brg240 Hmm...Well, whatever the reason :congrats: on a successful flat iron session!
though i'm going to need to touch it up a bit before i trim.

NJoy

smh you can't post anything on lhfc without someone demanding pics :nono: :giggle:

I think when i finally cut off all my relaxed ends, i'm going to make an appointment to get it cut in a style or maybe layerd. Or maybe i should do it at the same time, i don't want to lose too many inches.

FoxxyLocs

Thanks ladies! I feel so relieved to have found someone. Being a DIYer has been great, and its good to know that I can take care of my own hair, but it was definitely becoming a chore. Hopefully my next appt. will be just as good.

Sent from my HTC Evo

NJoy

Here I grow again!
though i'm going to need to touch it up a bit before i trim.

@NJoy

smh you can't post anything on lhfc without someone demanding pics :nono: :giggle:

I think when i finally cut off all my relaxed ends, i'm going to make an appointment to get it cut in a style or maybe layerd. Or maybe i should do it at the same time, i don't want to lose too many inches.

Exactly! I was trying to hold off because I know you know better but, ya took me there.

Now...

Yes!! Your hair is FABULOUS! Simply fabulous! :lick:

Now, what are the stats again? Are you relaxed? transitioning? what's up? Share the skinny, mama. @brg240