Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

NikkiGirl

Okay ladies, this is my starting pics. I think my hair is growing pretty nicely. :yep: I was so paranoid when I was flat ironing. I don't want to damage my natural hair, but I figured I might as well flat iron. My hair is GREASY Yall :lol: :look: I didn't wash it. I just co-washed yesterday and it still has a lot of conditioner in it. My ends are a little uneven and thinning a little. But I am going to leave it for now. :grin:

And please excuse my big ole bra. I have big boobs! :look:

bebezazueta

NikkiGirl WOW! Just beautiful all around! It's great you are HL & transitioning. You can just trim away the relaxed ends gradually and still be at HL! To me that's awesome

mEmYSELFaNDj

Current Length: I just trimmed/cut back to an inch above WL(trying to even up my layers) Will post starting pic tomorrow.
Regimen: dc 2x/wk, cowash 2x/wk, prepoo 1x/wk, JBCO 3x/wk, moisturize and seal daily. Plans: Protective style most of the year (wigs/ weaves 11wks straight with a two week break in between to wear my hair out, then back under a wig/weave)
Hip Length date: 12/31/12 if not earlier, *crosses fingers*

prospurr4

Unfortunately, I will have to bow out gracefully from this challenge, ladies.

I straightened my hair today for my starting pic, but I am VERY unhappy with my ends. I wore a LOT of high manipulation styles in 2011, which resulted in thinner ends and almost no length retention. :nono: So, 2012 will be the year that I really "baby" my hair.

I hope every challenger reaches her goal.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy congrats!!!!! to reaching your goal your hair looks lovely.....:lick:

Shadiyah

Thanks for the compliment but uh...that's my visualized goal pic, not actual. I have a phonytail pinned to the back of my head so that I can visualize my new goal length. :lol: I'll let you know when I'm there tho. :grin:

NikkiGirl

Shadiyah

Thanks for the compliment but uh...that's my visualized goal pic, not actual. I have a phonytail pinned to the back of my head so that I can visualize my new goal length. :lol: I'll let you know when I'm there tho. :grin:

NJoy, your goal length pic is beautiful. That length is awe inspiring and I love the shape as well. :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy, your goal length pic is beautiful. That length is awe inspiring and I love the shape as well. :grin:

NikkiGirl

IKR!!! Never would I have imagined wanting to go beyond HL. NEVER!! Until I tried this look on for size. And now that I look at it, I think growing down to my hand in "v" shape would be ultimate! (um, taking care of it would be the question tho :look:)

In any case, it couldn'e hurt to try it and then cut back if it proves to be too much. :lick:

*sigh* I think this is a LHCF trap. I came to this site with an ultimate goal of MBL. Now look at me. :rolleyes:

NikkiGirl

I completely agree with you NJoy. It is like the longer and longer my hair grows I want more. My goal was waistlength, but I think I am going to continue on. I guess I am falling into the trap too.

I was looking at your pic thinking it would be the perfect length because I like to curl my ends and it would still fall around hip and be so pretty. :yep::lick:

I showed the pic to my husband and he really liked it, but he did say any more than that would look ridiculous on me since I am short and petite. I told him "We Will See" :lol::lol:

leona2025

I did a end of the year reveal, but I didn't post pictures in here. Here is my picture when I straighten on the 21st. I'm pretty close to WL. I plan to retain all 6 of my inches this year! The first picture is my hair in September and the second is my hair in December. Not much retention it would seem, but I'm on a mission now. Woe to any product that seeks to cause a setback:lachen:.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Here are my starting pics, after my trim/cut to even up my nape and crown layers(crown is still about an inch shorter though). Hopefully I retain all my growth this year so I can reach Hip.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325379035595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325379035595.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325379057939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325379057939.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 144

mEmYSELFaNDj

FoxxyLocs NJoy Lucia thanks ladies.

Oh and njoy I did do my hair myself. Dc'd overnight with Aubrey organics GPB(staple). Next day I put my hair in six sections and clarified with neutrogena anti residue shampoo(first time using this, and I like it, it really got my hair clean, I wouldn't use this on a regular, only before flat ironing) then cowashed with giovanni 50:50 balancing conditioner(staple). Air dried. Sprayed on tresemme heat tamer heat protectant and flat ironed with my new sedu 1.5" flat iron I got for Christmas, love this flat iron. Oh and it came with moroccan argan oil, I used that it gave my hair so much shine and smells nice.

bigbrowneyez

Update: don't think I can make hip this year, but i'll stay in the challenge at motivation. I might even surprise myself :)

I took a two week hiatus cuz I was horribly upset and sad. I went to the salon for my relaxer on dec 17 and i had 2in from WL on the left and 1.5in on the right. I wanted to the stylist to simply even it up, a .5in trim. My ends were already in perfect shape, I just wanted it even cuz I had planned to wear my hair straight for the holidays. Surprise surprise, I walk out with a 2in trim. So that's it. I give stylists the benefit of the doubt time and time again but I'm officially becoming a self-trimmer (if at all). I threw away my shears and i'm not buying any til 2013. I should have been at WL sooo long ago but those trims...

Enough venting, a setback is a comeback right ladies? And this gives me a fresh start so I can see exactly how much growth I can attain on a monthly and year basis. I'm PSing 100% this year. I'm doing the 6month stretch that I've always wanted to do. I'm measuring and taking pics monthly to personally track my progress. I won't post a pic until my 6month relaxer. 2012 is my year.

A) List your Reggie: 100% PS (mostly buns), Joico shampoo and conditioner, GPB protein deep conditioning 1x/month, Argan oil and NTM leave-in

B) # of inches til whip or hip length: 4in to WL, 6in to WHIP, 8in to hip

Attachments

• dec2011.jpg
    dec2011.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 12.2011.jpg
    12.2011.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 88

Janet'

NikkiGirl :congrats: to you! What an awesome starting pic!!! :yep: :yep:

prospurr4 I understand! Baby those ends definitely!!!! Thanks for cheering us on!!

bigbrowneyez I'm sorry this happened to you :bighug: don't worry--you'll have your 2 inches back in no time!

Carrie A We can always use extra cheerleaders! I'm sorry that you won't be joining us though.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Gawjus ladies! Just Gawjus!:lick:

I don't even want to post my little rinky dink photos among such beautiful flowing locks.:ohwell:

Here goes nothing:

The bottom of my bra is at the 5 mark. I'm just barely past that. But I'm in need of a trim, and I'm tired of my hair growing in layers.:ohwell:

Here is a length check in it's natural state:

All the best ladies!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Well, I posted my update here. My hair looks long enough that I can trim away my bonelaxed ends and still try to make it back to HL. Good riddance! :grin: Looks like I have about 4-5 inches to get rid of but man, will it be worth it. :yep:

Happy New Year, Ladies! It's on in 2012!

JJamiah

I will be trimming back a lot myself so it is definitely on an poppin LOL.

my hair was trimmed in december will trim again in March.

I am low Protective styling right now. I moved my shampooing to every other week to cut down on some of the drama BUt. I am going to moisturize and seal in between since I wasn't doing that at all. So far so good!

In this pic I took 12/20/2011 it touches the top of my butt crack :giggle:

I did do a slight trim but no biggie.

Attachments

• 122011.jpg
    122011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 70